Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 135

Author Topic: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1935 Production  (Read 97521 times)

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
  • A disgusting pile of slop.
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1931 Design
« Reply #1500 on: August 17, 2015, 06:46:31 pm »

Bumping because I have no idea what you want to design.

Neither do we, to be quite honest.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: August 17, 2015, 06:46:43 pm »

the battlebus, obviously

the final solution to the problem of transporting troops swiftly, efficiently and moskungly

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: August 17, 2015, 06:47:31 pm »

the battlebus, obviously

the final solution to the problem of transporting troops swiftly, efficiently and moskungly

Honestly, I think your battlebus is the equivalence of a giant target.

EDIT:
You're BASICALLY making a militarized city bus.
It's so huge, it'll get stuck everywhere and in everything. Imagine trying to drive this thing through the jungle, or the rubble covered streets of the cities.
Plus, imagine how expensive it would be. And how hella slow it'd be... etc.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 06:51:26 pm by coleslaw35 »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: August 17, 2015, 06:48:11 pm »

Bumping because I have no idea what you want to design.

Neither do we, to be quite honest.
Pretty much this :P
And coleslaw has it. We kinda need something a little more... effective.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: August 17, 2015, 06:50:48 pm »

well, 20 degree armor is stupidly effective, so we can easily make the target really hard to wreck

20 degree armor is also very good at deflecting things

so, let's see...

wih my handy-dandy calculations also known as basic trig, 3 inches of 20 degree armor give about 9 of effective armor

so how about 9 inches of armor, which will give 25 inches of effective armor?

i think 25 inches is very solid regarding armor

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: August 17, 2015, 06:52:08 pm »

well, 20 degree armor is stupidly effective, so we can easily make the target really hard to wreck

20 degree armor is also very good at deflecting things

so, let's see...

wih my handy-dandy calculations also known as basic trig, 3 inches of 20 degree armor give about 9 of effective armor

so how about 9 inches of armor, which will give 25 inches of effective armor?

i think 25 inches is very solid regarding armor

It isn't the armor we're worried about, it's everything OTHER than the armor.

1. It'd be extremely slow.
2. It'd be extremely heavy.
3. It'd be extremely expensive.
4. Ever seen a bus tip over?
5. Four machine guns and a cannon is, in my opinion, too little for something so huge.
6. Try driving a bus through a jungle/a ruined city.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 06:56:21 pm by coleslaw35 »

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: August 17, 2015, 06:57:17 pm »

well then, allow me to address your points with constructive editing of the design

It's so huge, it'll get stuck everywhere and in everything. Imagine trying to drive this thing through the jungle, or the rubble covered streets of the cities.

in reverse order: for purple, the v16 should take care of the bus very well, especially considering it's supercharged; as per blue, it shouldn't cost a lot (1 base cost, 1 for supercharged engine, possibly 1 for the armor for ore, 2 for oil)

orange however is a very valid concern, therefore i'll attempt to revise the design right here

BATTLEBUS IFV
a treaded bus, armored with 3 inches rolled homogenous sloped at 20 degrees; carrying 36 soldiers and four stallion machineguns on the sides with a reinforced plow in front, designed to sweep everything in its path out of the way
fitted with a supercharged v16 engine and tiger-inspired gear system for optimal all-terrain movement

we replace the anti-tank capabilities with anti-terrain capabilities and presto

i'm really open to changing the battlebus, as a bulk troop transporter is something that would give us an important logistical advantage i believe

2. It'd be extremely heavy.
4. Ever seen a bus tip over?
5. Four machine guns and a cannon is, in my opinion, too little for something so huge.

points i consider already addressed omitted, feel free to point them back at me

#2: i believe the sheer size of the treads demanded by the size of the bus should make it easy for the bus to operate in most environments

#4: i have; the armor being sloped at 20 degrees should make it very hard for the bus to tip unless directly off of a cliff

#5: putting more weaponry on the battlebus would make it even huger and forfeit its role as a vehicle that moves infantry in favor of a vehicle that replaces infantry
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 06:59:35 pm by LordSlowpoke »

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: August 17, 2015, 07:00:54 pm »

well then, allow me to address your points with constructive editing of the design

in reverse order: for purple, the v16 should take care of the bus very well, especially considering it's supercharged; as per blue, it shouldn't cost a lot (1 base cost, 1 for supercharged engine, possibly 1 for the armor for ore, 2 for oil)

orange however is a very valid concern, therefore i'll attempt to revise the design right here

BATTLEBUS IFV
a treaded bus, armored with 3 inches rolled homogenous sloped at 20 degrees; carrying 36 soldiers and four stallion machineguns on the sides with a reinforced plow in front, designed to sweep everything in its path out of the way
fitted with a supercharged v16 engine and tiger-inspired gear system for optimal all-terrain movement

we replace the anti-tank capabilities with anti-terrain capabilities and presto

i'm really open to changing the battlebus, as a bulk troop transporter is something that would give us an important logistical advantage i believe

Still, the amount of armor you're putting on (3 inches all around) would constitute sooooooooo much to the weight, not to mention everything that isn't armor. Even with an engine that powerful, I don't think it'd be capable of decent enough speeds.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: August 17, 2015, 07:05:14 pm »

okay, how do you propose this is fixed? i don't think it'd be reasonable to drop the armor angle even further, so how about spaced armor? two plates of 0.7in? it's still as good as... 2in per plate, and that already smells a little fishy regarding small arms penetration to me

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: August 17, 2015, 07:07:53 pm »

Spewer
Self-propelled 0.75inch automatic 6-barrelled rotating cannon powered by an electric motor. Design a special light and nimble car to carry it. This car should be able to engage both land and aerial targets and have anti 0.3 bullets armor.

This is "bring death to their dive bombers" thing. We have good motors and batteries and can try it.

And NONONONO to battlebus
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 07:10:38 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: August 17, 2015, 07:11:22 pm »

okay, how do you propose this is fixed? i don't think it'd be reasonable to drop the armor angle even further, so how about spaced armor? two plates of 0.7in? it's still as good as... 2in per plate, and that already smells a little fishy regarding small arms penetration to me

In my opinion, I don't think the Battle Bus is really viable. I dunno what everyone else thinks though. We'll see if anyone can come forth with some ideas on how to make it better, if we even decide to make it.

Also, as a side note, I want to point out that I sound very rude in all of my posts (this is not intended) and I do not mean to insult anyone or their designs.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: August 17, 2015, 07:14:50 pm »

NONONONO to battlebus

battlebus is the bestest bus

the stronkest

you can feel the moskung in it

Also, as a side note, I want to point out that I sound very rude in all of my posts (this is not intended) and I do not mean to insult anyone or their designs.

nah you're chill

if you want me to show you what's rudeness you're free to make some design for me to rip at, just tell me you actually want it to be ripped at

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: August 17, 2015, 07:20:41 pm »

NONONONO to battlebus

battlebus is the bestest bus

the stronkest

you can feel the moskung in it

nah you're chill

if you want me to show you what's rudeness you're free to make some design for me to rip at, just tell me you actually want it to be ripped at
Well then RIP THIS

THE PENETRATOR

100 FEET OF PURE DESTRUUUCTIOOOOOOOOOOON.
COMES WITH 10 BREAKER CANNONS, 69 STALLIONS, AND HUGE AMOUNTS OF LUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUBE.
69 INCH ARMOOOOOR
CAN HOLD AS MANY PASSENGERS AS REQUIRED
169 MILES PER HOUR

also shaped like a giant phallic object.

too expensive, wouldn't work

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: August 17, 2015, 07:21:57 pm »

Spewer
Self-propelled 0.75inch automatic 6-barrelled rotating cannon powered by an electric motor. Design a special light and nimble car to carry it. This car should be able to engage both land and aerial targets and have anti 0.3 bullets armor.

This is "bring death to their dive bombers" thing. We have good motors and batteries and can try it.

Make this able to depress the barrels low enough to target infantry and it gets my vote. I'd still like to get the M2 Colt, but there doesn't seem to be much support for it and I'd like to move things along more.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 07:39:32 pm by Baffler »
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: August 17, 2015, 07:23:14 pm »

THE PENETRATOR

100 FEET OF PURE DESTRUUUCTIOOOOOOOOOOON.
COMES WITH 10 BREAKER CANNONS, 69 STALLIONS, AND HUGE AMOUNTS OF LUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUBE.
69 INCH ARMOOOOOR
CAN HOLD AS MANY PASSENGERS AS REQUIRED
169 MILES PER HOUR

well

first of all

i think it's disqualified for holding lube

DO YOU THINK MOSKUNG WOULD SHOW THESE SHITSTAINS MERCY

* LordSlowpoke roars

vote for battlebus tho, let's have sensei roll us to revision and keep the game going
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 135