Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 135

Author Topic: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1935 Production  (Read 97231 times)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1929 Design
« Reply #1155 on: August 12, 2015, 07:10:53 am »

In my opinion, long range Howitzers should help in the jungle, although admittedly to a lesser extent than in the desert. At such a long range the guns won't need to relocate as much, and as a howitzer it'll have a high enough arc to not be affected by trees being in the way. Also, the huge shell means we don't even need to be that accurate, as the blast radius will be bigger.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: August 12, 2015, 07:14:16 am »

I prefer Hippo because it increases chances to get 3 turns of +1 ore, while other designs don't
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: August 12, 2015, 07:15:46 am »

If we really want a howitzer, let's make a nice, big, long range one:

let me show you heavy

REMOVESTOTZKAN HEAVY HOWITZER
a giant gun fitted on an unarmored breaker chassis, firing 13cal munitions (he, ap, smoke, incendiary) of up to 2200 pounds out of a 100 foot long barrel
includes radio, hydro-pneumatic systems, variable pressure backward-facing gas output valve, optional mechanical autoloader
estimated weight 70 short tons, estimated crew 10

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: August 12, 2015, 07:16:43 am »

I also prefer the Hippo, but if people want a Howitzer we're gonna at least have a good howitzer.

PPE: Or what Slowpoke designed. I'm ok with that too.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: August 12, 2015, 07:42:53 am »

If we really want a howitzer, let's make a nice, big, long range one:

let me show you heavy

REMOVESTOTZKAN HEAVY HOWITZER
a giant gun fitted on an unarmored breaker chassis, firing 13cal munitions (he, ap, smoke, incendiary) of up to 2200 pounds out of a 100 foot long barrel
includes radio, hydro-pneumatic systems, variable pressure backward-facing gas output valve, optional mechanical autoloader
estimated weight 70 short tons, estimated crew 10
((Technically that's not a Howitzer, that's a L/92 cannon. Good luck keeping the barrel straight enough.))

This looks curiously like the Paris Gun. Intentional?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 02:13:05 pm by evilcherry »

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: August 12, 2015, 06:27:17 pm »

So, are we going for the Hippo?

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: August 12, 2015, 07:05:27 pm »

So, are we going for the Hippo?
I'm the one pushing for it.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: August 12, 2015, 07:16:14 pm »

Alright, as best I can tell, you guys are voting for the Hippo:

Hippo Recoilless Rifle
A thorough redesign on the Rhino, this time we finally should exploit the use of exhaust gases to reduce recoil to a Moskurgan-tolerable level. The design called for a 2.2 in caliber, and capable of firing HE and APSH rounds. Finally reloadable. Sufficiently advanced optical sights are designed to mainly provide a means of drop compensation, with graduation for both HE and APSH ballistics, even it this makes the gun expensive.

Correct?
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: August 12, 2015, 07:21:19 pm »

I think that one has the most votes, yes.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: August 12, 2015, 07:25:46 pm »

Minor clarification: The Hippo comes with standard fare cheap iron sights, though its designed for use of an optical sight.
This part is important, I voted for Hippo with it
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: August 12, 2015, 09:13:41 pm »

I'm not super happy with the Hippo, I just can't think of anything better.

I still want to spend the Revision Phase on making a sniper variant of our standard rifle, too.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #1166 on: August 12, 2015, 09:35:22 pm »

Wait, is the Hippo portable? I don't want a freaking AT weapon that's that small, that isn't man-portable.

By man-portable, I mean shoulder-fired. We should steal the RPG and use our design for something more useful.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: August 12, 2015, 10:05:58 pm »

Hippo Recoilless Rifle: A 2.2 inch Recoilless rifle, which is reloadable. Appears as a tube with a square, offset box in the middle which contains the mechanism to hold and fire its rounds. It also The grips consists of a padded quarter-circle shoulder rest and a foregip with a trigger, an extra off-hand grip in the middle. Like the hippo, rounds (now a single package) consist of a shell, powder-filled casing, and wad of equal mass to the shell. The wad consists of sand in a cork sabot, to present minimal danger to soldiers behind to gun (still, do not stand behind the Hippo Recoilless Rifle). It is a bit heavier than the Rhino, but because it is reloadable a soldier can carry a half-dozen shells. While there is relatively little recoil (comparable to a Horsekiller) it also exerts a torque along the rifle groove when fired, which makes it difficult to use. Includes tall iron post sights on the side of the weapon with multiple horizontal range markers, and a side rail for easy scope mounting, though it is difficult to fire accurately at scope ranges. Costs 2 ore.

You may now revise. You have gained Tactical Rails. Your current tactical rail is a rectangular line of steel with a square groove on each of the long ends. Tactical rail items are pinched in place with screws.

You may now revise.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1929 Revision
« Reply #1168 on: August 12, 2015, 10:27:19 pm »

Alright. Think we can afford to use the revisionn phase to make our scopes cheaper and adjustable?
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1929 Revision
« Reply #1169 on: August 12, 2015, 10:43:36 pm »

We could also try to resolve the accuracy issues the heavy bolt on our assault rifle causes.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 135