Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 135

Author Topic: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1935 Production  (Read 97044 times)

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1926 Revision
« Reply #960 on: August 05, 2015, 09:29:01 pm »

we're not bombing the arstotzkan capital with nerve gas, we're not exactly the most focused engineers you see

+1 cascade
Ah, okay, you do convince me. We can even afford to concede the mountains if that means denying them the plains, as they still lose 1 more resource.

Change vote to Cascade revision

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: August 05, 2015, 09:42:04 pm »

Actually, yeah, I'm convinced. They're going to focus on trying to shut us out in the plains, I feel, so the Sorraia is enough to keep the mountains under our control, I think.

+1 to Cascade revision.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: August 05, 2015, 09:43:38 pm »

Actually, yeah, I'm convinced. They're going to focus on trying to shut us out in the plains, I feel, so the Sorraia is enough to keep the mountains under our control, I think.

+1 to Cascade revision.
+1
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: August 05, 2015, 09:48:18 pm »

I'm not too worried about their tanks if we can keep the artillery advantage;  Their tank is faster, but that isn't that important in the trenches, and it isn't that much faster, and if we win the arty battles, we can dig in our tanks, while they can't, as our arty would just blow them up.  They may have a bigger gun, but both guns are effective against the other tank, and ours has a better turret and rate of fire, and maybe better accuracy as well, certainly if it gets to stay stationary.  The improved MG should stop their infantry pretty much cold, as I don't think they have any new infantry weapons to help them out.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: August 06, 2015, 02:37:04 am »

Cascade Revision: Having much more experience with small automatic weapons now, you rework your manufacturing process for the cascade's closed bolt action. You can now mass-produce these light, effective SMG's. As a by-product of this, the old hand-carved wooden stocks are replaced with some ugly factory milled ones. Troops call it the Discount Cascade.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1926 Production
« Reply #965 on: August 06, 2015, 03:22:55 am »

One other thing, can we swap the pintile-mounted Brumby AAMGs with the new GPMG?

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: August 06, 2015, 04:34:39 am »

Cascade Revision: Having much more experience with small automatic weapons now, you rework your manufacturing process for the cascade's closed bolt action. You can now mass-produce these light, effective SMG's. As a by-product of this, the old hand-carved wooden stocks are replaced with some ugly factory milled ones. Troops call it the Discount Cascade.
Milled stocks? I thought we are now using Bakelite.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1927 Design
« Reply #967 on: August 06, 2015, 05:13:58 am »

for our design, upgrade our everything with the turbo we just liberated, reworking it into diesel as necessary and upgrading it with our expertise in electronics? or do you guys think that runs under revision still?

because well, the final push into plains hasn't happened and won't yet happen, and we suddenly need to defend the mountains or push through the jungle completely as they'll try to counter us there

also, patent the radio abroad

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: August 06, 2015, 05:33:48 am »

Nice job calling the plains to be in the bank.

I'll need to think about this for a bit.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: August 06, 2015, 05:36:02 am »

Personally I want to design a mobile artillery version of the B2 Destroyer and then use our revision to get armor piecing, flare, and flack shells. That should give us back the artillery advantage and make the tank fights go back to a more even basis, if not to our advantage from our actually having a turret, so we should be able to grab the plains.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: August 06, 2015, 05:46:03 am »

for our design, upgrade our everything with the turbo we just liberated, reworking it into diesel as necessary and upgrading it with our expertise in electronics? or do you guys think that runs under revision still?

because well, the final push into plains hasn't happened and won't yet happen, and we suddenly need to defend the mountains or push through the jungle completely as they'll try to counter us there

Okay, our gambit didn't went off, fact. We now really felt the effect of the wasted design turn on the MK-47, and it looks like its too easy for them to have momentum on the desert. They can now stay in the game, and credit to them focusing on making a breakthrough on the desert.

Given this, perhaps we should just forget that part of the field, as we are at least 3 design phases from asserting any kind of dominance there. But at least we can try.

"Final Solution" Anti-tank mine
Based on our stolen plan of their tank, we should know its dimension and weight. This opens an avenue to a very un-Moskurger solution to the tank problem.
As our tanks are smaller and lighter than theirs (I have high confidence its a given), what we need is an explosive device, designed to detonate when a AS-T25 rolls over it, but safe for T2s to move through (by means of a precisely measured spring on a needle, for example). Its HE charge must be capable of killing the AS-T25.

If designed properly, this should easily nullify their tank threat. They can have their SPGs, but these things are horribly vulnerable when unsupported.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 05:49:46 am by evilcherry »

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: August 06, 2015, 05:49:26 am »

Okay, our gambit didn't went off, fact. We now really felt the effect of the wasted design turn on the MK-47, and it looks like its too easy for them to have momentum on the desert. They can now stay in the game, and credit to them focusing on making a breakthrough on the desert.

Given this, perhaps we should just forget that part of the field, as we are at least 3 design phases from asserting any kind of dominance there. But at least we can try.

Based on our stolen plan of their tank, we should know its dimension and weight. This opens an avenue to a very un-Moskurger solution to the tank problem.
As our tanks are smaller and lighter than theirs (I have high confidence its a given), what we need is an explosive device, designed to detonate when a AS-T25 rolls over it, but safe for T2s to move through. its charge must be capable of killing the AS-T25.

If designed properly, this should easily nullify their tank threat. They can have their SPGs, but these things are horribly vulnerable when unsupported.
Nay, we must not concede the offensive to them. We need at least one unit of plains space so we can disrupt their resource gathering efforts there, which will increase how much several of their more annoying units cost up a category. And getting AP ammo of our own should be enough to make the tank duels even, while we still have better artillery then them. Add Flack Ammo to that AP Ammo and we'll be able to counter their dive bombing efforts to a much greater degree as well. If they hadn't gotten that hero bonus we'd probably be in the planes this turn anyway.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: August 06, 2015, 05:58:38 am »

how about something fast and mobile, like their motorcycle?

a turbocharged strunk isn't exactly out of the question

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: August 06, 2015, 06:03:45 am »

Well.. turbos make something +1 expense, so in order to make it ordinarily expensive, it needs to be 1 ore/2 oil.  It would also be useless in the mountains and nearly useless in the jungle.

How about we go all-in in the jungle this round?  Get a mountain gun and AP/flak ammo, that'll let us hold or better in the mountains and hold in the jungle.  A mountain gun shouldn't cost more than 2/0 or so.  Then next round we can make a new fighter or something, say something diesel, turbocharged, and 3/4, making it 3/3, and rendering it cheaper one ore by revision.  That'll give us an expensive fighter that can beat their fighter straight up, and let us win the plains again, getting an extra resource the turn after that.  We'd get the ore back from the rebels, and then we could pick an oil or an ore out of the jungle.

That's a lot of assumptions, but we have ground to give on the desert.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: August 06, 2015, 06:04:12 am »

As our tanks are smaller and lighter than theirs (I have high confidence its a given), what we need is an explosive device, designed to detonate when a AS-T25 rolls over it, but safe for T2s to move through. its charge must be capable of killing the AS-T25.

Nay, we must not concede the offensive to them. We need at least one unit of plains space so we can disrupt their resource gathering efforts there, which will increase how much several of their more annoying units cost up a category. And getting AP ammo of our own should be enough to make the tank duels even, while we still have better artillary then them. Add Flack Ammo to that AP Ammo and we'll be able to counter their dive bombing efforts to a much greater degree...
- We don't really need specialized AP ammo to defeat their tanks, as our tank gun is good enough. If you want to go that route you should be better served by a mobile SPG.
- FlaK is not really useful against anything except level bombers, mainly to prevent them from accurate bomb-laying. Stukas are better countered by fighter aircraft, which for some reason our dedicated fighters couldn't.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 135