Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 135

Author Topic: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1935 Production  (Read 97024 times)

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1926 Design
« Reply #930 on: August 05, 2015, 01:52:06 pm »

a good flak cannon makes excellent anti-personnel, though

mount it on our tanks instead of machineguns and shrapnel the enemy to hell and back

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: August 05, 2015, 01:57:28 pm »

Problem is that flak cannons are a little larger than an MG, so mounting one isn't going to be easy.

Anyway, I'll start keeping a track of votes now. If I miss any, please ensure you restate it.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: August 05, 2015, 02:25:37 pm »

We don't particularly need AA if we can seize the plains, given that they won't have the fuel to use most of theirs.

As for our hero(ine), Zahira would also be a good name.
Between our tanks and our new artillery gun, we should take at least one unit of Plains-Space next turn anyway, cutting off those shiny resources from their use. If they pull out an anti-tank rifle of their own or something, they won't be able to counter our longer ranged artillery gun (even if it isn't as mobile as one might hope), and if they make a new artillery gun of their own we should be able to tank rush them to death. As such, their current primary advantage is that they have both better air units in the first place and better ground based anti air cover as well. A Flack Cannon would let us actually defend against their dive bombers, should hopefully give us flack shells, and then we can see about designing a plane that carries a Flack Gun if possible and really take the air back.

...Or at least that's what I'd like to do.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: August 05, 2015, 02:34:37 pm »

Alright, votes are in so far, and I'll wager that the votes end in about 2-3 hours.

M3 Sorraia
Taricus, Evilcherry, Kashyyk, Playergamer, Lordslowpoke

Bombardier LM
AoshimaMichio

Stronk AA Gun
Devastator, Happerry, heydude6

Thus, we have a possible tie which needs to be clarified, and we need Iituem to vote, and Aoshima to put in a secondary vote in case the LM isn't chosen.

And the votes for boozedealing are:
Iituem, Devastator, Kashyyk, Taricus, Playergamer

And Happerry, if we take the plains, we'll automatically get the skies back as their planes start being a lot harder to resupply and build, but we cannot allow the mountains to fall, and I'm not risking anything there. I want to ensure that we have both our side of the mountains and that part of the plains, and that's not going to happen if we get the AA gun since we can't use it in the mountains.

Besides, we could actually use the belt-feed mechanism to be cheaper too. That's been at expensive for how long already? It'd make our first aircraft a lot more prevalent and our artillery more accurate.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 04:07:32 pm by Taricus »

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: August 05, 2015, 02:36:19 pm »

Changing vote to Sorraia. We'll probably make them lose the plains, and we can't afford to lose the mountains.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: August 05, 2015, 02:38:23 pm »

mhmm, confirming i want the m3

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: August 05, 2015, 02:38:47 pm »

As for our hero(ine), Zahira would also be a good name.
Do we have a wordsmith working on this idea?

I appreciate the use of the Flak cannon, but I still feel the GMPG will be most useful as it'll apply on all fronts. The flak cannon will be less useful in the mountains and jungle.

PPE: Yes, I want to sell alcohol to the gangsters.

TheLordofHouseRiley

• Bay Watcher
  • Cutting down the enemies of the emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: August 05, 2015, 02:44:06 pm »

My writing quality is somewhat poor but I can try and write something for the contest deal.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: August 05, 2015, 02:44:41 pm »

Sell our beautiful, incendiary alcohol to the gangsters, for freedom and drunkness.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: August 05, 2015, 02:45:08 pm »

And I could probably write something up (Though if anyone wants to suggest a general idea to write around, that's cool)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: August 05, 2015, 02:54:47 pm »

Driving a tiger truck full of wounded comrades through an enemy minefield, whilst under fire, to get them to medical attention?

The last operational crewmember of a Smasher, defending it from waves of attackers with cannon and MG, including shooting down a divebomber?

Carrying a wounded squadmate through the jungle and fighting her way through Arstotzkans and tigers, whist wounded herself?

A few ideas for you.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: August 05, 2015, 03:11:46 pm »

I quite like the second one, and actually planned on writing something similar, if only in a breaker to be more realistic :P

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: August 05, 2015, 03:27:55 pm »

I'm a bit miffed, really.  Assuming that we're going to just do what may be the most important thing we can do?  They're going to try everything in their power to keep us from taking the plains.  We should make sure we do it.  Voting for something that is mostly duplicated by things that already exist, and is mostly useful outside of the most important sector, is like choosing to stab our opponent in the leg instead of the throat.

Making sure we win the plains should be our one and only goal this turn.  Simple as that.

TheLordofHouseRiley

• Bay Watcher
  • Cutting down the enemies of the emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: August 05, 2015, 03:29:40 pm »

I'm a bit miffed, really.  Assuming that we're going to just do what may be the most important thing we can do?  They're going to try everything in their power to keep us from taking the plains.  We should make sure we do it.  Voting for something that is mostly duplicated by things that already exist, and is mostly useful outside of the most important sector, is like choosing to stab our opponent in the leg instead of the throat.

Making sure we win the plains should be our one and only goal this turn.  Simple as that.
This man speaks the truth. We have to go for the theoretical kill shot on the plains if we can deprive them of the resources of the plains we can start to even the odds again.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: August 05, 2015, 03:30:17 pm »

+1 to the Stronk AA Gun
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 135