Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 135

Author Topic: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1935 Production  (Read 97149 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1924 Revision
« Reply #825 on: August 04, 2015, 10:40:34 am »

Why not a GPMG. Solves all our problems in regards to that.

M3 Sorraia GPMG
Designed to be a bit of an end-all response to the MG question, the Sorraia is designed to be used everywhere. Air-cooled with a perforated shroud, and capable of using either a belt, or a detachable 50-round drum belt. Comes with an integral bipod. Designed to have a high rate of fire, reliable and accurate while still remaining under 30 pounds.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: August 04, 2015, 10:51:51 am »

gunin suggested rocket artillery a while ago, but i don't think we'll particularly need it what with our new arty inbound to their positions

i also want to bring up the idea of the giant, capitol-bombing airplane that i want to see happen
Which is a giant target for their AA.
we could also use the second design phase to make our new tank cheaper, equal to putting in two revise phases, if i read the mechanics right and proper

We have a main battle tank- at least, a good IFV, more akin to BMDs than tanks, but nevertheless some form of armored cavalry. We are designing the Breaker, so this front should be well covered for the moment. They should be designing a even more badass tank to counter our threat, but well.

mbt as a concept wasn't a thing until after ww2
True but they will be going for a bigger gun. Its moving to the MBT route quickly (any note that it took only 6-8 years for the concept to form, due to the lack of investment beforehand)
if you want to go balls deep with armored cavalry, let's do helicopters
Its even more ahead of time.

I feel the revision should go to the Wasp. For some reason, their chain of hyphens got much better performance, even it don't look particularly maneuverable as drawn. We need a revision to restore some parity.

I too believe the Stallion needs urgent revision, or redesign. It has been firing a round which has become a relic of a bygone age, and to counter their MG threat we have to design a more badass MG.

the wasp is okay mostly, i'd agree on a revision but we need to cut off production of our older planes in production phase and focus on pushing out the wasp and derivatives

stallion needed revision since before it hit the front lines (the slow turn rate made it bad at holding trenches well, and some armor would help against arstotzkans sniping the crew away)

Mustang Machine Gun: A Machine gun designed for a 4-men team, one carrying the gun, one carrying the mount, and the other two carrying ammo in belt form. It fires a .601 cal round, which is actually .60 but named so to remove confusion with similarly gauged ammo. Despite the similar caliber, it is in every way a modernized round rather than the .60 "horsekiller" which is an updated relic of a bygone age. It utilizes a bolt system not dissimilar to the Brumby, but we should have accumulated enough knowledge to make MGs no longer complicated. It also has a selective fire mode and in theory it can act as a makeshift sniper rifle in single shot.

Alternatively, it can also act as a vehicular autocannon, but as it cycles using its own gas there should be no need of a complicated motor assembly.

how exactly do you modernize a round, make it more aerodynamic?
Feeding mechanisms and rims, higher pressure for a higher velocity, or maybe making AP shells for it. Definitely, though, to get rid of its black powder heritage.
and snipers are by design meant to be stealthy, our uniforms are unstealthy as hell much less four such uniforms with mg on top
Ever heard of those 2000+ yard kills by M2 wielding soldiers? A single shot mode is provided, that's all.
vehicular autocannon is good, i'm okay with this, but historically a gas-operated autocannon has been harder to design than a motor-operated (it was better than motor though, spun up far faster - makes it great for aerial combat)
Yes, but we NEED a man portable HMG/Autocannon NOW. We are losing on this front horribly.
also, it would be great for us if we spent a design or revision phase doing theoreticals (science mostly - nuclear, electronics, if we focus enough we can get transistors before 1940 and transistors would revolutionize pretty much every vehicle we have)
Except this is a real luxury. I'm not sure if everyone is happy with ceding ground for a better push later.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: August 04, 2015, 10:56:55 am »

For another turn, someday:

AC1 Humpback: A diesel powered aircraft carrier, sporting stupidly huge, redundant engines, Stallion emplacements all across the bow, long range artillery and nice, long runways and hangars to support fighters and bombers.  Approximate crew 500.  Expense:  HAHA!  National Effort at the very least, sunshine.  This is a dreamboat, and nothing more.
Maybe a compromise here? Good MG, then this boy. Revise fighter. If they have to divert their air forces to this, great. That means we are gaining ground.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: August 04, 2015, 11:10:44 am »

Well, I put that out as a joke, but what the hell.

Design MG (Mustang or Sorraia), Design Humpback because we might as well use that National Effort slot, Revise Fighter for expense/ability.

Might keep that revision on hold, potentially.  Depends how crazy stuff gets with design.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: August 04, 2015, 11:12:30 am »

Maybe a compromise here? Good MG, then this boy. Revise fighter. If they have to divert their air forces to this, great. That means we are gaining ground.

willing to go with that

taricus' design okay or are we going to do something else?

holding you to your word regarding the compromise, though - carrier is happening next year

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: August 04, 2015, 11:13:15 am »

Dear god, no aircraft carrier. We can't build an aircraft carrier without ANY ship building experience.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: August 04, 2015, 11:14:11 am »

doing so is the TRUE MOSKUNG WAY

2STRONK

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: August 04, 2015, 11:26:57 am »

Dear god, no aircraft carrier. We can't build an aircraft carrier without ANY ship building experience.

It is sort of immensely foolish, yes.  Counter-proposal before we all get carried away?
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: August 04, 2015, 11:32:01 am »

No experience required if that's too big. The largest waves are just ripples to it.

That said we still need to use one design slot for a gamechanging design. We are on backfoot mostly because they are 1 design phase ahead of us.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: August 04, 2015, 12:08:09 pm »

Try the SMG then? We might start winning rather well in the jungle thanks to that. Either that, or the AA gun.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: August 04, 2015, 12:27:56 pm »

Yeah, +1 the Waterfall as our SMG.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: August 04, 2015, 12:29:26 pm »

+1 MK47
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 02:39:00 pm by LordSlowpoke »

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: August 04, 2015, 12:34:45 pm »

I may have an obsession with rockets, but how about a rocket launcher/RPG of some kind? Make it reloadable and man portable and we have our mountain artillery.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: August 04, 2015, 12:40:06 pm »

Probably best to wait until we have the knowledge to make proper warheads for them.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: August 04, 2015, 12:48:22 pm »

And when are we gonna get those warheads if we don't try making them?
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 135