Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 135

Author Topic: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1935 Production  (Read 97410 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1916 Design, Party Like It's 1916
« Reply #300 on: July 26, 2015, 10:58:13 pm »

Alright, smoke rounds it is!
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: July 26, 2015, 11:07:51 pm »

That also means we don't need any special revision to make an AT gun for the SP-AT. So I propose the same SP-AT design, but using the existing 3.6 inch howitzer for an AT gun.

That way it's cheaper. The open top has to count for something, too, since we're saving metal. It can't cost any more than an armored car when it comes to ore. We don't need to make a new engine for it either, since it doesn't have to be fast, it just has to move.
I will move to supporting this design.
+1
also we will do smoke, only if he dont have some super flaw that has to be fixed.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #302 on: July 26, 2015, 11:08:11 pm »

Yeah.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: July 27, 2015, 12:05:43 am »

Wow. Okay. That's a lot of pages of ultimately ineffectual discussion.

So, uh, SPAT then.

SPAT: A self-propelled gun vehicle consisting of a petrol engine, caterpillar tracks, and a forward-facing Bombardier howitzer with just enough armor plating to hide the crew behind. The motor here is the same one as the Struunk I. The treads are a new development, and fit over a four-wheeled system with two driving wheels. They are prone to coming loose from the wheels from time to time. The armor is 15mm think, with a gap in the middle for the gun to rotate, rise and lower. Ammunition sits in racks behind the armor. The vehicle has a top speed of about 8 mph. The gun is just a Bombardier, fixed to the SPAT on a frame which pitches and yaws on a pair of hand cranks. The entire vehicle shakes when the gun is fired, so it isn't terribly accurate.

You've gained Tracks [Unreliable].
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1916 Revision, Hangover like it's late 1916
« Reply #304 on: July 27, 2015, 12:45:43 am »

Fix the accuracy?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: July 27, 2015, 12:58:49 am »

Attempt to fix the accuracy by adding some counterweights, and utilizing three arms (one on each side, and one to the back) with stakes that are made to be deployed into the ground for stability.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: July 27, 2015, 01:31:07 am »

I'd highly prefer to make some dedicated fragmentation shells for our artillery.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: July 27, 2015, 01:37:30 am »

Improved accuracy it is!

SPAT: A self-propelled gun vehicle consisting of a petrol engine, caterpillar tracks, and a forward-facing Bombardier howitzer with just enough armor plating to hide the crew behind. The motor here is the same one as the Struunk I. The treads are a new development, and fit over a four-wheeled system with two driving wheels. They are prone to coming loose from the wheels from time to time. The armor is 15mm think, with a gap in the middle for the gun to rotate, rise and lower. Ammunition sits in racks behind the armor. The vehicle has a top speed of about 8 mph. The gun is just a Bombardier, fixed to the SPAT on a frame which pitches and yaws on a pair of hand cranks. The SPAT has a set of jacks to use when firing, which improve accuracy considerably by preventing the vehicle from shaking. Its size makes it Expensive.

Counterweights were deemed unnecessary. The accuracy is now relatively decent, for what it is- a little better than a regular carriage bombardier, if fired with jacks down. Of course, it cannot move in this state.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1916 Production
« Reply #308 on: July 27, 2015, 02:29:09 am »

Wait, we decided not to bother sending the Brumby off to the Centrals?  That's as good as giving Arstotska free oil!
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: July 27, 2015, 02:31:35 am »

Now we guarantee Arstotzka to be on losing side of big war!

Production orders
If there's not enough 'Spats' to go around, start bringing up bombardiers to the front to act as direct fire artillery in support of our troops.

Start conducting attacks at night in order to neutralise the larger threat of artillery, where our brumbies and general fierceness shall lead us to victory!

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: July 27, 2015, 02:53:43 am »

Well, if it matters I vote for selling the Brumby design to that Power.  The allies will only win if Germany and Austria-Hungary can't get into a suitable position to attack Britain from/France from behind.  We can make the difference.

Espionage Vote:  Counter-Espionage (because I'm sure the enemy are up to sabotage too)
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: July 27, 2015, 03:22:48 am »

Well, if it matters I vote for selling the Brumby design to that Power.  The allies will only win if Germany and Austria-Hungary can't get into a suitable position to attack Britain from/France from behind.  We can make the difference.
This has my +1
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: July 27, 2015, 03:29:23 am »

I vote for not aligning towards the central powers. Not only does it weaken our relation to the powers that project more naval presence over the globe, they also use metric measurement. This, necessitating converting the .30 into dirty arstotzkan metric.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: July 27, 2015, 03:30:48 am »

-1 to selling weapons to the germans

to be honest, we should help the arstotzkans here, as bizarre as it sounds

germans don't have any power to project in our glorious ass end of nowhere, while the brits do

push them towards an alliance and it's gg no re as we get troops from anzac or something

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: July 27, 2015, 03:33:42 am »

-1 to selling weapons to the Axis.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 135