Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 217

Author Topic: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1935 Production  (Read 159417 times)

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1929 Revision
« Reply #2130 on: August 12, 2015, 08:47:32 pm »

The AS-24 is inexpensive...
1924 to Chinese
It's inexpensive for us. It costs 3 ore, while the old one costs 2. The cheaper the better.

the 1924 is much, much better though, and more likely to win the contract.
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2131 on: August 12, 2015, 08:50:04 pm »

The AS-24 is inexpensive...
1924 to Chinese
It's inexpensive for us. It costs 3 ore, while the old one costs 2. The cheaper the better.

the 1924 is much, much better though, and more likely to win the contract.
The Chinese specifically requested cheap rather than good. Unlike their Sorraia, out 1910's belt feed isn't Expensive, meaning it's actually cheaper.

Glory to Arstotzka.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2132 on: August 12, 2015, 08:57:29 pm »

Oooh, I just got a good idea for a revision!

Revise our Nosin Magant with improved ring sights and a graduated post sight. Who needs optics to snipe? :P
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 11:35:30 pm by tryrar »
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2133 on: August 12, 2015, 09:14:37 pm »

Truth be told, I think getting more planes out is more important than getting out a sniper rifle. With three times the dive bombers we get three times the amount of destroyed tanks and artillery pieces by them.

Moreover, it's actually kind of a waste. It will only be effective as a stop-gap measure. The Moskurg's weapons will still be better due to using scopes. We'll inevitably use a Design phase on our own scoped sniper rifle, at which point our Revision won't be worth anything. Using our Revision phase on planes, tanks (armoured and electric turret), or SMGs will provide useful and long-lasting bonuses.

Glory to Arstotzka.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2134 on: August 12, 2015, 10:00:45 pm »

Truth be told, I think getting more planes out is more important than getting out a sniper rifle. With three times the dive bombers we get three times the amount of destroyed tanks and artillery pieces by them.

Moreover, it's actually kind of a waste. It will only be effective as a stop-gap measure. The Moskurg's weapons will still be better due to using scopes. We'll inevitably use a Design phase on our own scoped sniper rifle, at which point our Revision won't be worth anything. Using our Revision phase on planes, tanks (armoured and electric turret), or SMGs will provide useful and long-lasting bonuses.

Glory to Arstotzka.

Point. I'll vote for planes then

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2135 on: August 12, 2015, 10:55:49 pm »

You may want to bold your vote to make it easier on the GM. I think he's asked us to do so before, but I could be mixing him up with another.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2136 on: August 12, 2015, 11:35:12 pm »

Already did :P(my post above my revision idea)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2137 on: August 13, 2015, 12:34:25 am »

I've changed my mind. We totally need to give something to the Communists. You see, it's not that we'd gain any advantage from getting that extra Ore, but it's that we'd deny Moskurg from getting that Ore instead. Their Bombardier, Struunk, SPAT, Tiger, and Breaker would all become cheaper. We would not survive.

Our best anti-emplacement weapon is our grenade. It's cheap, soldiers can carry multiple, and they can be used against trenches and such which count as emplacements.

Submit the AS-G27 to the Comunnists.

Glory to Arstotzka.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2138 on: August 13, 2015, 12:50:02 am »

Just a note, we developped shaped charges 15 years before they were due. Might as well use them.

Revision : Introduce HEAT rounds for our artillery, tank and rocket. This should give each of those a single-shot kill certainity on anything they design with less than extremely heavy armor. Uses a cap and fins to stabilize the projectile. If time is left, also develop APHE, and Canister shot.

Uhm, Andres, I think the mortar is a better anti emplacement weapon. Or maybe our RPG.

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2139 on: August 13, 2015, 12:53:55 am »

Just a note, we developped shaped charges 15 years before they were due. Might as well use them.

Revision : Introduce HEAT rounds for our artillery, tank and rocket. This should give each of those a single-shot kill certainity on anything they design with less than extremely heavy armor. Uses a cap and fins to stabilize the projectile. If time is left, also develop APHE, and Canister shot.

Uhm, Andres, I think the mortar is a better anti emplacement weapon. Or maybe our RPG.

+1
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2140 on: August 13, 2015, 01:00:18 am »

+1

Huh, why didn't I think of that?! +1

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2141 on: August 13, 2015, 01:12:20 am »

We're not having any trouble piercing their armour. We're currently losing because they have better small arms and intact communications.

RPGs aren't as good at taking out trenches or MG nests as grenades or mortars. Also, I don't think it would be wise to give our future-tech weapon to the Chinese for a measly 1 Ore for 3 turns. The mortar would be a better option but Moskurg stole our design and would probably submit it too.

Submit the AS-1911 8cm Mortar. Submit the AS-G27 if it ties with Moskurg's submission.

Glory to Arstotzka.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 01:22:14 am by Andres »

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2142 on: August 13, 2015, 01:34:54 am »

Nah, give the RPG to the Chinese. Also, I really think we need a sniper rifle. Theirs is ridiculously efficient.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2143 on: August 13, 2015, 01:44:44 am »

We're not having any trouble piercing their armour. We're currently losing because they have better small arms and intact communications.

Not really.

New scope-equipped T2 Breakers fire APHE rounds from a great distance, but usually at the sloped front armor. A Breaker gunner who is a good enough shot can, however, nail an AS-T25 turret from long range, destroying the tank.  With better radio coordination and artillery support, T2 Breakers successfully fight greater numbers of AS-T25's

In the desert, it's clear that it's better radio + better tank + better artillery. Giving our units the ability to take those out will greatly help us. More than a single plane could, anyway.

Edit : Their mortar is expensive.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2144 on: August 13, 2015, 01:57:15 am »

Edit : Their mortar is expensive.
Their mortar is Expensive because the design is in metric but they use imperial. Metric/imperial units don't matter when submitting designs to foreign powers.

In the desert, it's clear that it's better radio + better tank + better artillery. Giving our units the ability to take those out will greatly help us. More than a single plane could, anyway.
I guess you have a point. Our planes barely show up in the battle reports any more and they've been more numerous than either tank for ages now. I guess it would only be worth it if getting more planes let us take out both their trains and their trucks.

Glory to Arstotzka.
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 217