Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 217

Author Topic: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1935 Production  (Read 159384 times)

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1929 Design
« Reply #2115 on: August 12, 2015, 05:04:18 pm »

A think there still in active service as artillery tractors and supply transports and just no longer actively being used as tanks.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #2116 on: August 12, 2015, 05:09:33 pm »

A think there still in active service as artillery tractors and supply transports and just no longer actively being used as tanks.
Then tell me when they stopped being tanks.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2117 on: August 12, 2015, 05:11:30 pm »

I think about 2 years before we sold them to the Russians... lol.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #2118 on: August 12, 2015, 05:25:59 pm »

I think about 2 years before we sold them to the Russians... lol.
And WHEN we sold them to the Russians? 1918 then?
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2119 on: August 12, 2015, 05:33:18 pm »

We were using them until 1925, but they were really little more then death traps at that point.

Really once we introduced the armored cars they were pretty useless.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2120 on: August 12, 2015, 07:34:29 pm »

AS-DC29: An Arstotzkan device design to solve Moskurg's cipher. It is basically a Tiger's Whisper, with its own code card with the numbers 1 through 26. It uses a typewriter mechanism to stamp each number onto a ticker tape. The numbers on the ticker tape are the simple cipher version of the Moskurg message, which is relatively easy to solve by hand. In addition it includes a counter for each letter, displaying the frequency in which letters occur which helps solve ciphers faster. An average Arstotzkan officer is clever enough to use this to crack a Moskurg message in five to ten minutes. With a stolen code card, it can also act exactly as a Tiger's Whisper would, where communications officers must write down each letter as it appears. It is Expensive to make, and fits into a very heavy backpack.

In addition, you have converted the Model 3 Radio to metric manufacture, reducing its expense.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1929 Revision
« Reply #2121 on: August 12, 2015, 07:44:47 pm »

Wait, what the hell? DC29? That's not even the same name as the thing we tried to make. Also, we converted the Model 3 Radio to metric 2 years ago - the same year we made our cypher and started listening to Moskurg.
Spoiler: AS-EMC-Series A-Z (click to show/hide)

Revise our dive bomber to use 2 Oil instead or 3 Oil. If fuel injection and/or turbo can help achieve that goal, include them. If they don't, exclude them. Highest priority is decreasing Oil cost.

EDIT: Oh and guys, the description of our new machine specifically requires communications officers, meaning there's no point in making it cheap.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 07:47:01 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2122 on: August 12, 2015, 07:59:46 pm »

Wait, did we actually protect our own codes or did we just decode the enemy?

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2123 on: August 12, 2015, 08:01:52 pm »

Both.

Glory to Arstotzka.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2124 on: August 12, 2015, 08:26:33 pm »

+1 revision for dive bombers. If we can, also revise fighter engine using FI and turbo to achieve the same thing and get a small power boost.
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2125 on: August 12, 2015, 08:30:51 pm »

Okay, we can give the AS-1924 to china, it is a light machine gun but inexpensive enough to field to all troops and light enough to be carried by one person, and I would argue our best anti emplacement weapon is our dive bomber or RPG right now, since the AS-1912 Artillery A is soooo old.  The RPG is cheap but the dive bomber is a fast bomber.

As to what to give the British, I am torn between the AS-MAT26-50 tank destroyer and the AS-M17A high performance motorcycle.

The two planes are basically the exact same thing with different equipment, we should be able to revise the engines on both at the same time.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #2126 on: August 12, 2015, 08:33:57 pm »

Okay, we can give the AS-1924 to china, it is a light machine gun but inexpensive enough to field to all troops and light enough to be carried by one person, and I would argue our best anti emplacement weapon is our dive bomber or RPG right now, since the AS-1912 Artillery A is soooo old.  The RPG is cheap but the dive bomber is a fast bomber.
Actually, give the older MG to Chinese, they want it to be cheap and it's cheaper. Give the RPG to commies, they don't have good enough pilots really, and they mostly rely on infantry anyway.
As to what to give the British, I am torn between the AS-MAT26-50 tank destroyer and the AS-M17A high performance motorcycle.
Paint the motorcycle in tiger stripes and send it. Or send anything else really, just in tiger stripes.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2127 on: August 12, 2015, 08:41:17 pm »

The AS-24 is inexpensive...

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2128 on: August 12, 2015, 08:42:14 pm »

Either the motorcycle to the British, or go for Andres' pointed "gift" of the 1909 :P(prefer motorcycle). I agree with the rest as well(RPG to commies, and 1924 to Chinese)
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #2129 on: August 12, 2015, 08:44:13 pm »

The AS-24 is inexpensive...
1924 to Chinese
It's inexpensive for us. It costs 3 ore, while the old one costs 2. The cheaper the better.
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 217