Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 217

Author Topic: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1935 Production  (Read 159473 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1929 Design
« Reply #2070 on: August 10, 2015, 07:32:44 pm »

I dont think anyone of us has ever said that SMGs are useless. Just that handing every fucking soldier we have one is useless, or atleast of less use than developing something else instead.
None of us ever said we should equip every fucking soldier with one. I was just saying we should make them cheap. Nothing else. Just so you know, the Cascade is cheap. I want to do what Moskurg did with their Cascade and apply it to our MC16. That's what I've always wanted to do but you always argued against it. We can't do it this turn because we have a bigger crisis with communications.

That said, I think that it is getting to the time when we should develop a new SMG. Perhaps utilizing some of the more interesting tricks SMGs use, like telescoping bolts a few dozen years ahead of time.
Why get a new SMG when we can get an assault carbine? It would be more useful at slightly longer ranges.

Can't we just, like, divert SMGs from plains or mountains and send them to jungle or something?
Nope.

Glory to Arstotzka.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2071 on: August 10, 2015, 07:36:20 pm »

Exactly how many direct battle report quotes do I need to submit before the usefulness of the SMG becomes apparent to you guys?

Sure, the SMG is usefull, in one specific area. And there it isn't the sole participator in close combat. Nowhere near the wunderwaffe you claimed it would be.

Anyway, rather than copying the enemy's last turn completely, how about this.

Spoiler: AS-EMC-Series A-Z (click to show/hide)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2072 on: August 10, 2015, 07:41:09 pm »

You know what? I support Ebbor here. Lets design something that will make our guns potentially more efficient, break their codes, provide our own, and be awesome. We can modify our RPGs to fire from aircraft.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2073 on: August 10, 2015, 07:43:24 pm »

Heh sounds cool, I'll support that or scopes of our own. We have no real need to make a dedicated sniper rifle since adding scopes to the Nosin would suffice(unless we're going for an anti-materiel rifle, which is a bit overkill right now).
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2074 on: August 10, 2015, 07:44:25 pm »

I support this proposal. Using a Design phase to enhance encryption would help more than a Revision.

For our Revision, I think getting three times as many bombers in the air would help us more than getting our existing bombers to use rockets.
Revise our bomber engines to use 2 Oil instead of 3.

Glory to Arstotzka.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2075 on: August 10, 2015, 07:46:26 pm »

I support this proposal. Using a Design phase to enhance encryption would help more than a Revision.

For our Revision, I think getting three times as many bombers in the air would help us more than getting our existing bombers to use rockets.
Revise our bomber engines to use 2 Oil instead of 3.

Glory to Arstotzka.

I was thinking of doing another general engine revision, this time focusing on our planes. Basically, adding fuel injection to our dive bomber, and turbo to both, while tuning them to be more economical.
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #2076 on: August 10, 2015, 07:47:52 pm »

Quote from: Wikipedia
In 1929, Hungarian physicist Kálmán Tihanyi invented the infrared-sensitive (night vision) electronic television camera for anti-aircraft defense in Britain.
We need more information on this. Contact this guy. Get to know what he knows.
If it was useful enough we may have thermovision scopes to hunt down those fucking snipers.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2077 on: August 10, 2015, 07:50:32 pm »

I was thinking of doing another general engine revision, this time focusing on our planes. Basically, adding fuel injection to our dive bomber, and turbo to both, while tuning them to be more economical.
Giving turbo to both would be a Revision phase all on its own, but giving the dive bomber fuel injection would actually help in making it more economical.

Glory to Arstotzka.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #2078 on: August 10, 2015, 08:13:47 pm »

It doesn't have the date in it's name. It breaks the naming scheme. Burn the papers, use both the prototypes and designers as targets on firing range and then melt it all, cover with concrete shell and dump off the coast.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2079 on: August 10, 2015, 08:17:17 pm »

It doesn't have the date in it's name. It breaks the naming scheme. Burn the papers, use both the prototypes and designers as targets on firing range and then melt it all, cover with concrete shell and dump off the coast.
You don't understand, the coding machine is so good it even encodes the date present in its name. It's perfect.

Glory to Arstotzka.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2080 on: August 10, 2015, 08:20:09 pm »

I think I am going to be attempting to write up things for getting that spy.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #2081 on: August 10, 2015, 08:22:09 pm »

You don't understand, the coding machine is so good it even encodes the date present in its name. It's perfect.

Glory to Arstotzka.
No. If it was really encoded it would be called SA-CME-9291 or maybe TB-DNF-2030.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2082 on: August 10, 2015, 08:41:50 pm »

Sure, the SMG is usefull, in one specific area. And there it isn't the sole participator in close combat. Nowhere near the wunderwaffe you claimed it would be.
Hey Sensei, on a scale of 1 to 10 where 1 is "not used at all" and 10 is "everyone uses it", how much does Moskurg use the Cascade in close infantry battles?
I'm just sticking with my statement of "Very prolific". I have a a fear of committing to numbers. :P
I'm going to guess this means that while it's not the sole participator in close combat, it's a majority participator by a wide margin.

Glory to Arstotzka.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #2083 on: August 10, 2015, 08:56:25 pm »

Could we also be serious about the events. I mean, Moskurgians are sending both the Chinese and British their machine gun, while Andres thought it will be a good idea to give the Brits our pistol. I'm not sure which is the worse, that it's so shitty or that we didin't sent them anything better.
I mean, come on, those guys are, theoretically, our superiors, so we should at least make them like us enough to not support the damn Moskurgians, so they can resume their colonialism with only one faction to sit on (not that they have much time, decolonialism is closing in).
Also, I suppose we should send the commies our RPGs. We will have more ore for three years.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2084 on: August 10, 2015, 09:01:05 pm »

Unless we revise our MC16 to be both cheap and allow a belt-feed, I don't think we could possibly supply the RAC with any kind of weapon. Our F14A is the only cheap weapon that could be considered a main infantry weapon. The 1924 can also be submitted (and would beat the enemy's Sorraia since it doesn't cost 2 Ore) but it's not the kind of weapon you can give to most of your troops. Our grenade might've been an option but its Oil cost is 2.
We can't give the RPG to the communists because it'll piss of the US (again) and it'll be giving away the weapon that shouldn't have been invented for another decade.

Could we also be serious about the events. I mean, Moskurgians are sending both the Chinese and British their machine gun
If they actually decide to send their Sorraia over, they'll lose due to resource cost.

while Andres thought it will be a good idea to give the Brits our pistol. I'm not sure which is the worse, that it's so shitty or that we didin't sent them anything better.
It's a statement. We shouldn't be grateful to the British for ending their occupation and slavery of the Arstotzkan people; they should be grateful that we forgave them for it. Moskurgs are cowards for bending over for the great British schlong of oppression.

0ans, so they can resume their colonialism with only one faction to sit on (not that they have much time, decolonialism is closing in).
The Great Depression hits next year. They can't afford to help Moskurg.

Also, I suppose we should send the commies our RPGs. We will have more ore for three years.
No more pissing off the US. Remember what happened last time.

Glory to Arstotzka.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 09:06:17 pm by Andres »
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 217