Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 217

Author Topic: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1935 Production  (Read 159373 times)

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
Re: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1929 Design
« Reply #2085 on: August 10, 2015, 09:24:43 pm »

We can't give the RPG to the communists because it'll piss of the US (again) and it'll be giving away the weapon that shouldn't have been invented for another decade.
First, communist will win anyway. And it was the Moskurgians who pissed off the US recently, If I remember right. Also, fucking ore that will make stuff cheaper. Not to mention that USA doesn't really gave a shit until after WWII thanks to their isolationism, and we can't really compete with Moskurgian machinegun, so we don't have much to give to the other side.
If they actually decide to send their Sorraia over, they'll lose due to resource cost.
Resource cost of what? It costs 2 ore, so does our old machineguns (the new ones are 3 ore) which are arguably (yeah, right) worse.
And if you mean they will lose to our pistol, then this discussion makes no sense, you clearly should be shoot at dawn. Chinese wanted a machine gun, not something that is objectively worse than throwing stones.
It's a statement. We shouldn't be grateful to the British for ending their occupation and slavery of the Arstotzkan people. Moskurgs are cowards for bending over for the great British schlong of oppression.
What a bullshit.
We want British to like us, all in all, if Americans get angry (which you're so afraid of), British may step in, CONSIDERING THEY LIKE US BECAUSE WE GAVE HIM SOMETHING THAT ISIN'T HORSESHIT.
No more pissing off the US. Remember what happened last time.
I don't actually. Can't seem to find that in reports. What happened?
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2086 on: August 10, 2015, 09:36:06 pm »

First, communist will win anyway. And it was the Moskurgians who pissed off the US recently, If I remember right. Also, fucking ore that will make stuff cheaper. Not to mention that USA doesn't really gave a shit until after WWII thanks to their isolationism
We're not trying to make the Communists lose, here. Regardless of if they win or lose, helping them at all will lower our standing in the eyes of anyone who hates communists, including Britain (since you seem to care about that), Germany, and the US. They do hate communism, by the way. Early on in Soviet Russia's history (between 1919 and 1929, I think), Britain invaded Russia with a bunch of other countries to "nip Communism in the bud" as it were. The invasion failed and the Soviets hated the West even more.

Resource cost of what? It costs 2 ore, so does our old machineguns (the new ones are 3 ore) which are arguably (yeah, right) worse.
And if you mean they will lose to our pistol, then this discussion makes no sense, you clearly should be shoot at dawn. Chinese wanted a machine gun, not something that is objectively worse than throwing stones.
What? No, I think there's some confusion. We give the pistol to the British and we give something else (maybe the F14A) to the Chinese. We give the pistol to the British to insult them. We give the F14A (or another weapon) to the Chinese. The way I see it, the Royal Army is looking for a weapon that'll be cheap no matter what, even if they only have the minimum amount of resources. It's why I don't think we should submit our grenade.

What a bullshit.
We want British to like us, all in all, if Americans get angry (which you're so afraid of), British may step in, CONSIDERING THEY LIKE US BECAUSE WE GAVE HIM SOMETHING THAT ISIN'T HORSESHIT.
Making the British like us may be the strategic thing to do but fuck it! This is what the British get for forcing Arstotzkans to work in their plantations like common slaves! We are Arstotzkans and we have our pride! We can improve our relations with the British but not if it means apologising for throwing off our shackles of slavery and oppression!

I don't actually. Can't seem to find that in reports. What happened?
Both Moskurg and Arstotzka sent their spies to steal some intel from their sunken submarine in order to get Design credits. They were both captured and in the year after, rebels started appearing in both Arstotzka and Moskurg. After some espionage actions, the US were found to be directly tied to both rebellions.

Glory to Arstotzka.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 09:38:44 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #2087 on: August 10, 2015, 09:57:12 pm »

We're not trying to make the Communists lose, here. Regardless of if they win or lose, helping them at all will lower our standing in the eyes of anyone who hates communists, including Britain (since you seem to care about that), Germany, and the US. They do hate communism, by the way.
Early on in Soviet Russia's history (between 1919 and 1929, I think), Britain invaded Russia with a bunch of other countries to "nip Communism in the bud" as it were. The invasion failed and the Soviets hated the West even more.
There was no invasion, merely minor "help" for Whites from Western countries in Civil War, and not even because of communists, it was because they retracted from the war, and they didin't like Germany not fighting on both fronts.
Fuck that anyway, just send guns to everyone.

What? No, I think there's some confusion. We give the pistol to the British and we give something else (maybe the F14A) to the Chinese. We give the pistol to the British to insult them. We give the F14A (or another weapon) to the Chinese. The way I see it, the Royal Army is looking for a weapon that'll be cheap no matter what, even if they only have the minimum amount of resources. It's why I don't think we should submit our grenade.
They want a machinegun, not rifle or grenades. The commies would possibly want a grenade, but you don't want to help commies.
Making the British like us may be the strategic thing to do but fuck it! This is what the British get for forcing Arstotzkans to work in their plantations like common slaves! We are Arstotzkans and we have our pride! We can improve our relations with the British but not if it means apologising for throwing off our shackles of slavery and oppression!
Yadadadadadada, they didin't even managed to stay long enough to make us work at plantations. Give them something good, and do it quick.

Both Moskurg and Arstotzka sent their spies to steal some intel from their sunken submarine in order to get Design credits. They were both captured and in the year after, rebels started appearing in both Arstotzka and Moskurg. After some espionage actions, the US were found to be directly tied to both rebellions.

Glory to Arstotzka.
Stealing from Americans =/= helping a country on the other side of world, that they don't even care about, yet. It won't instantly cause them to drop everything and pop destroyers by our shores.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2088 on: August 10, 2015, 10:19:51 pm »

Stealing from Americans =/= helping a country on the other side of world, that they don't even care about, yet. It won't instantly cause them to drop everything and pop destroyers by our shores.
Helping someone the US doesn't like like won't make them send destroyers after us, but they might just start up another rebellion.

Glory to Arstotzka.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2089 on: August 10, 2015, 10:43:40 pm »

We could design a high altitude heavy bomber and send those to china.  That might change some of the dynamics of the civil war.

Or make the sniper rifle, send a single one to the British and include a note saying, "hope your officers enjoy their time here."

For the code machines what about instead of a machine like the moskurds use, a different one? 

My idea is make several dozen radio channels constantly broadcasting random disinformation orders and reports.  However every 10 minutes one of them is the real radio.  Hand out new code books saying which one is the real channel each day or week or whatever.  This will allow real time radio communication while not giving away information.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #2090 on: August 10, 2015, 10:49:25 pm »

We could design a high altitude heavy bomber and send those to china.  That might change some of the dynamics of the civil war.

Or make the sniper rifle, send a single one to the British and include a note saying, "hope your officers enjoy their time here."
Both those require using a design phase.
For the code machines what about instead of a machine like the moskurds use, a different one? 

My idea is make several dozen radio channels constantly broadcasting random disinformation orders and reports.  However every 10 minutes one of them is the real radio.  Hand out new code books saying which one is the real channel each day or week or whatever.  This will allow real time radio communication while not giving away information.
The constant broadcasting would require a lot of people talking good bullshit (bad bullshit would be too close to reality) to pull off. Also works only on bigger scale, really, not on squad one.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 10:53:09 pm by Kot »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2091 on: August 11, 2015, 01:28:32 am »

We're not trying to make the Communists lose, here. Regardless of if they win or lose, helping them at all will lower our standing in the eyes of anyone who hates communists, including Britain (since you seem to care about that), Germany, and the US. They do hate communism, by the way.
Early on in Soviet Russia's history (between 1919 and 1929, I think), Britain invaded Russia with a bunch of other countries to "nip Communism in the bud" as it were. The invasion failed and the Soviets hated the West even more.
There was no invasion, merely minor "help" for Whites from Western countries in Civil War, and not even because of communists, it was because they retracted from the war, and they didin't like Germany not fighting on both fronts.
*cough*

Both those require using a design phase.
And no one is asking for a bomber. The Chinese factions both want cheap shit, one cheap machine guns and the other cheap anti-emplacement stuff. As for the brits, I think we should just send the pistol. From what I can tell, they are just asking for a gun to make up for abandoning their colonization of us.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #2092 on: August 11, 2015, 01:34:58 am »

*cough*
That's what I said?
And no one is asking for a bomber. The Chinese factions both want cheap shit, one cheap machine guns and the other cheap anti-emplacement stuff. As for the brits, I think we should just send the pistol. From what I can tell, they are just asking for a gun to make up for abandoning their colonization of us.
And a gun that doesn't even really shoot is a make up for abandoning colonization?
Sweet God-Emperor, have mercy, at least send them something that isin't a useless piece of junk, have some dignity.
Also give Chinese what they want, so they can give us what we want. Fuck the rest.
EDIT:
I have a brilliant idea.
Maybe instead of sending the designs through official channels, send them with less... fanfares?
I mean, we can always blame them having RPGs and MGs on Moskurgs.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 01:36:33 am by Kot »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2093 on: August 11, 2015, 01:37:30 am »

We could try giving them a version of our MG that uses wood instead of aluminium. It would make the gun a lot cheaper.

Glory to Arstotzka.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #2094 on: August 11, 2015, 01:39:57 am »

Wooden machineguns.
Yes, that's a best idea ever! Why we haven't thought of it before and started carving our guns out of old logs?

But seriously, I'm not sure if we can do that. After all, that would be changing the design, so theoretically, revision.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2095 on: August 11, 2015, 01:44:02 am »

Wooden machineguns.
Yes, that's a best idea ever! Why we haven't thought of it before and started carving our guns out of old logs?

But seriously, I'm not sure if we can do that. After all, that would be changing the design, so theoretically, revision.
Only stocks and such are made of aluminium. A "standard" 1924 could possibly be made without a revision. Heck, we're not even trying to maintain quality here.

Glory to Arstotzka.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2096 on: August 11, 2015, 01:47:40 am »

Arm Blaster

Spoiler: AS-AB-29 (click to show/hide)
Glory to Arstotzka.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #2097 on: August 11, 2015, 01:49:39 am »

Actually, why not fully remove the stocks, grips and sights? They want it to be cheap, after all...
Remove the magazines too, make them insert the rounds one by one...
Spoiler: AS-AB-29 (click to show/hide)
Glory to Arstotzka.
For a second I thought the 130mm was the diameter of the barrel. D:

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2098 on: August 11, 2015, 07:49:22 am »

so... you guys are voting for an electro-mechanical calculator?

we are 10 year early for that and unlike the RPG we don't have pre-existing tech. What makes you think we can do it?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2099 on: August 11, 2015, 07:53:11 am »

The fact that the enemy build an electromechanical encryption mechanism.

And it's not technologically impossible, not ahead of it's time. The first enigma's were build at the end of WW1. Electromechanical calculators predate the war.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marchant_calculator

It's not a dedicated calculator. It's a series of calculators, each purpose build but with common design systems.
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 217