Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 217

Author Topic: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1935 Production  (Read 159490 times)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1928 Design
« Reply #1860 on: August 09, 2015, 07:55:16 am »

My main problem with designing advanced "need some time to develop" stuff that will be as useful for the enemy as it is for us... - Spying.

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1861 on: August 09, 2015, 07:58:41 am »

what do you mean by 'need some time to develope'? from the looks of it, we already have all the tech involved.
As for spying: we can't really stagnate just because they can steal our stuff.  we can steal their as well and most importantly they don't have their double spy anymore.

But if you have a suggestion for this turn, propose. It has been so long since last turn that I forgot your proposals.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: August 09, 2015, 07:59:33 am »

Hence the RPG: we can get it in one turn with our previous rocket experience, and even if they do steal it, itll only give them a moderate boost as they already have the Rhino.

By the way, we should aim for an Expensive RPG, so that if they steal it, itll be Very Expensive and theyll need a turn of revision to bring it into their filthy imperial system.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: August 09, 2015, 08:03:24 am »

I still want our own navy and\or hydroplanes. But I know it will be not voted so RPG it is.

Heavy bomber\transport plane is another interesting possibility. Because bombs and paratroopers. But paratroopers need a portable AT weapon first.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #1864 on: August 09, 2015, 08:06:22 am »

I still want our own navy and\or hydroplanes. But I know it will be not voted so RPG it is.

Heavy bomber\transport plane is another interesting possibility. Because bombs and paratroopers. But paratroopers need a portable AT weapon first.
Grenades.
Paratroopers will drop on top of enemy tanks and put our AT grenades on them.
Who needs RPGs, right?
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: August 09, 2015, 08:11:18 am »

Well, we kinda have a Navy with our armed merchant ship. It hasnt played a rold so far, despite the fact that it should be able to raid the Jungle.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #1866 on: August 09, 2015, 08:14:15 am »

Well, we kinda have a Navy with our armed merchant ship. It hasnt played a rold so far, despite the fact that it should be able to raid the Jungle.
The most important question is, why it's not hunting down filthy Moskurgian merchant ships?
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1867 on: August 09, 2015, 08:16:20 am »

if paratroopers  tried to drop on enemy tanks, they would be dead.

As for the ship raiding the jungle... raiding with what? it has machineguns. good for defense, but you aren't going to do much in terms of coastal assaults.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: August 09, 2015, 08:16:46 am »

Well, the way the naval rules work, we can only operate along the shores of the plains and jungle at the moment. I guess there is simply not a lot to hunt there.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1869 on: August 09, 2015, 08:17:51 am »

By the way, we should aim for an Expensive RPG, so that if they steal it, itll be Very Expensive and theyll need a turn of revision to bring it into their filthy imperial system.
+1. The RPG needn't be cheap anyway since not all of our soldiers need to have one. It might focus our efforts more and allow us to improve its quality further.

Glory to Arstotzka.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: August 09, 2015, 08:22:22 am »

indeed, a squad armed exclusively with RPG seems silly. as officer weapon ( or rather one per squad) it seems much more reasonable. we shouldn't expend too many resources on cheapness, when extreme cheapness isn't needed.
I agree with pushing for quality, but I think the RPG is likely to turn expensive just by virtue of being novel technology.
But if the technology itself is cheap, I think our quality efforts should be focused in the fields of range and accuracy, since those are the most likely to give benefits in other fields ( rocket artillery, rockets for planes, planting a flag on the moon.)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: August 09, 2015, 08:30:48 am »

You know, getting our planes to have turbochargers could be rather useful. Think about it, turbochargers work by increasing airflow into the engine. Considering the large amount of airflow when it comes to planes, turbochargers would be very effective and won't even require much fuel. Since jets also require air intake, turbochargers could be good stepping stones to jet fighters.

Glory to Arstotzka.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1872 on: August 09, 2015, 08:34:01 am »

So we seem to have a broad agreement for the RPG.

What about the revision? We could revise our ship to carry some heavy guns, for seashor bombardment.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: August 09, 2015, 08:36:52 am »

The Jungle is too heavily forested for our men to get decent coordinates for bombardment of any kind. It's why artillery hasn't even been mentioned for years in context of the Jungle. Planes have proven to be more useful but only by a little. Infantry and surprisingly armour are what's important in the Jungle.

Glory to Arstotzka.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: August 09, 2015, 08:38:02 am »

I think the issue with artillery was the trouble of getting it in. No such issue with ship-based bombing, and we now have radio to pinpoint artillery.

Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 217