Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 217

Author Topic: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1935 Production  (Read 159322 times)

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1928 Design
« Reply #1845 on: August 09, 2015, 07:26:59 am »

What about a heavy APC, medium armor, 10 soldiers, pintle mounted machine gun, slower but cheaper then the tank, maybe even inexpensive?  Our soldiers are having a tough time getting into battle.

We could revise the motorcycle with light armor or turbo charged engines.

Some kind of boat?

Heavy bomber?

I'd say we simply revise the truck to mount some light armoring  and a pintle machine gun and use trucks to transport troops.

Or we could add fuel injectors and turbo charge our motorcycles then add in a hydrolic suspension, try and beat world land speed records on a motorcycle. 

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: August 09, 2015, 07:36:55 am »

I can't respond to PMs because I've exceeded my 20 PM per hour limit, which is bullshit because I've only sent 5 PMs in the last hour.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #1847 on: August 09, 2015, 07:38:01 am »

We should make an sniper rifle to geet them shiny Moskurgian officers.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: August 09, 2015, 07:38:06 am »

If you send 1 PM to 5 people, it counts as 5 PM's.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: August 09, 2015, 07:40:25 am »

I'd support that next turn(assuming we don't have to respond to whatever they put out), but RPGs are more important since that'll let us take out their armor guarding their mines in the mountains. We can afford to give some ground in the Jungle if we have to(and I don't think that'll happen :P).
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1850 on: August 09, 2015, 07:42:23 am »

At least in the production phase we could ask for a doctrine of sniping officers with particularily good rifles. You dont aboslutely need a scope to snipe, Simo Hayaa wasnt using one.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #1851 on: August 09, 2015, 07:42:42 am »

I'd support that next turn(assuming we don't have to respond to whatever they put out), but RPGs are more important since that'll let us take out their armor guarding their mines in the mountains. We can afford to give some ground in the Jungle if we have to(and I don't think that'll happen :P).
I still think that revision would be enough for an RPG, just plop a rocket on AT grenade, replace the fuse to work on contact, and there you go.
EDIT: Who is this Simo Häyhä guy you're talking about? After all, this is 1928...
But yeah, no, we don't have this guy so scopes should be a thing.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 07:44:22 am by Kot »
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: August 09, 2015, 07:44:28 am »

I still think that revision would be enough for an RPG, just plop a rocket on AT grenade, replace the fuse to work on contact, and there you go.

...you're forgetting the part that lets you actually aim safely :P. Rocket exhaust isn't sunshine and rainbows you know :P
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: August 09, 2015, 07:45:47 am »

I vote for the RPG. It is clear that we have rocket experience, even in the civilian world. It helps us against their armor especially in places where we can't field armor. We have some good payloads for it ( shaped charge!). in jungle it is also going to help. It gives us experience we can use to make other stuff later. I think we could work toward a rocket-intensive military technology.

as for the revision... I think we could revise the plane. We have sufficient parity in terms of armor, the RPG will help us destroy more of their.
a revision also allows us to get fuel injection on the dive bomber, currently lacking it. with a lucky enough roll, the engineers culd decide to reduce fuel use by a smaller engine with a cheap turbocharger... but such a thing should be kept dead last in the list of priorities.
I don't think we need to cheapen the SMG now. we can afford to see the results of next turn first.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: August 09, 2015, 07:46:15 am »

We dont have rockets to plop. Also, their Rhino turned out so well despite being based on an absolutely retarded design, Im sure we can do a lot better.

Now, more seriously, Hitler is going to raise to power in five turns. He will want all the help he can get to rebuild the Whermacht discreetely. From 1933 to at least the start of WWII, there will be a ton of bonus to get from collaborating with him.

So should we turn Nazis?

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #1855 on: August 09, 2015, 07:49:13 am »

...you're forgetting the part that lets you actually aim safely :P. Rocket exhaust isn't sunshine and rainbows you know :P
Oh well... whatever.
We dont have rockets to plop. Also, their Rhino turned out so well despite being based on an absolutely retarded design, Im sure we can do a lot better.

Now, more seriously, Hitler is going to raise to power in five turns. He will want all the help he can get to rebuild the Whermacht discreetely. From 1933 to at least the start of WWII, there will be a ton of bonus to get from collaborating with him.

So should we turn Nazis?
We do have rockets, remember our mortars?
Also, we shouldn't turn Nazis, but we should totally help the peaceful leader of German nation to raise his country from crisis.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: August 09, 2015, 07:50:37 am »

We're not Nazi's. We are merely opportunists, and will sell to everyone.

And you know, there's also the Spanish civil war and the Chinese civil war coming up. In fact, the Chinese civil war started last turn.

And our mortar isn't really a rocket.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: August 09, 2015, 07:51:08 am »

we don't need to turn nazis. Hitler was fairly popular abroad until he actually went and started claiming land. And even then, for a while he was still considered the better alternative to USSR. We can sell him stuff, and have the rest of the international community thank us. Then we pull support when he starts doing unpopular stuff like declaring war on the world.

as for rockets: our mortars are close enough to rockets that our civilians founded a rocket club based on that technology. I believe our rocket science is mature enough for proper rocket weapons.

edit: and our tech list does list solid propellants

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: August 09, 2015, 07:52:16 am »

Yeah, Id ont know why Sensei ruled our mortar used rocket, but they do.

And the China is too poor to make a good weapon customer anyway.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #1859 on: August 09, 2015, 07:54:03 am »

Yeah, Id ont know why Sensei ruled our mortar used rocket, but they do.
That so we will ultimately be able to make Warhammer 40k bolters. Or at least gyrojets.
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 217