Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 217

Author Topic: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1935 Production  (Read 159055 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1927 Revision
« Reply #1710 on: August 07, 2015, 12:15:25 am »

Revise Radios to make separate broadcasting and receiving units, put broadcasting units on the planes if it will not effect performance too much and equip soldiers and tanks with both.
Our current radio is a National Effort. Our revision of it should be geared towards making it cheaper rather than more useful.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: August 07, 2015, 12:51:34 am »

Actually, I think he has a point.  We could revise with a priority on cheapness but also attempt to make it more portable.

e:  Oh wait, national effort?  Holy crap thats bad, we need to get that thing as cheap as possible.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: August 07, 2015, 12:52:37 am »

Radio Gag-Ga!(As in, I vote for revising radios)

Edit:Sensei confirmed radio is only Very Expensive(+1 for complextiy and +1 for imperial measurements), so as long as we make it highest priority to convert to metric, we can try to experiment a bit with the radio.

So:

Edit to revision:Revise radio to metric measurements and attempt to stuff it into every vehicle we have. Secondary priority is experimenting with separate sending and receiving units
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 02:19:39 am by tryrar »
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: August 07, 2015, 02:19:15 am »

e:  Oh wait, national effort?  Holy crap thats bad, we need to get that thing as cheap as possible.
Turns out it was just Very Expensive. I thought "needs work to replicate" meant we needed a revision to replicate the radio we stole. Since we couldn't replicated it already, I thought that meant it was a National Effort.

When we revise the radio, rename it the AS-R27.

Glory to Arstotzka.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1714 on: August 07, 2015, 02:20:31 am »

Turns out it was just Very Expensive. I thought "needs work to replicate" meant we needed a revision to replicate the radio we stole. Since we couldn't replicated it already, I thought that meant it was a National Effort.

When we revise the radio, rename it the AS-R27.

Glory to Arstotzka.

I actually vote TR27(Telegraph Radio)
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: August 07, 2015, 02:20:46 am »

Oh I see.  I guess converting to metric will probably take up the revision, but the objective remains to make it cheaper so we will see how sensei rules on this I guess.

e: I vote AS-R27.  I'm pretty sure they have voice radio now. (which we picked up for free (problem?.jpg))
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: August 07, 2015, 02:21:49 am »

It's not a telegraph radio, though. It's an audio radio.

Glory to Arstotzka.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 02:24:50 am by Andres »

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: August 07, 2015, 02:24:23 am »

It's not a telegraph radio, though. It's an audio radio.

Glory to Arstotzka.

Point :P. Then R27 it is. As for makigit cheaper, simply converting to metric should drop its expense down to Expensive, with is cheap enough for our purposes.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: August 07, 2015, 02:24:59 am »

e: I vote AS-R27.  I'm pretty sure they have voice radio now. (which we picked up for free (problem?.jpg))
I'm pretty sure we got their radio in exchange for our mortar. It helped push us in the trenches once we got decent artillery, was the only artillery in the mountains until the enemy's RR, and provided tactical bonuses in the Jungle against the enemy. Moreover, it was the only artillery that could decently be used in the Jungle. It served its country well and it's a damn shame it was stolen by the Moskurgs.

Glory to Arstotzka.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: August 07, 2015, 04:37:23 am »

actually I was thinking... since we can field some radios even without revising, do we really need the revision? we could keep very expensive radios and cheapen the SMG. I was working on the assumption that it was unbuildable.

Then again, radios also help with ambushes and similar, so it could boost our CQC as well.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: August 07, 2015, 04:52:44 am »

Very Expensive radios would help in terms of moving armies, but not individual squads and such. We'll need Expensive radios to coordinate ambushes, minor assaults, etc. We'll need them to be Expensive for our scouts to make use of them too.

Glory to Arstotzka.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: August 07, 2015, 04:55:58 am »

And we need expensive to include it in vehicles
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: August 07, 2015, 05:26:40 am »

If it's possible, try making a smaller version of the radio but only after converting it from imperial to metric. I>M conversions shouldn't be too difficult, after all. Might as well see if we can advance the tech in the same phase

Glory to Arstotzka.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1723 on: August 07, 2015, 05:28:27 am »

a very small radio means we can equip just about every mobile thing with it, bu virtue of having the pilot take one with him. Which is good.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #1724 on: August 07, 2015, 05:29:39 am »

Revision votes:
AS-R27 (IP-R25) (Convert to metric, stuff it everywhere, try to make it smaller) - 7 EVERYONE.
Expense credit votes:
Tanks - 4 (andrea, Andres, Aseaheru, Kot)

It might be unnecessary but I consider paperwork very important to our civilization. After all, if we didin't wrote EVERYTHING down, we would be just like those Moskurgian savages who just recently have started using crayons to write their votes on a plank. Also, I'm bored.
EDIT:
Balalala, Im late anyways.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 06:52:25 am by Kot »
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 217