Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 217

Author Topic: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1935 Production  (Read 159089 times)

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1927 Revision
« Reply #1725 on: August 07, 2015, 05:33:34 am »

err... expense credits don't work that way. expense credits make a design ( not a tech) one step cheaper for one turn. We weren't revising anything.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #1726 on: August 07, 2015, 05:41:41 am »

err... expense credits don't work that way. expense credits make a design ( not a tech) one step cheaper for one turn. We weren't revising anything.
You saw nothing. Also it just proves that nobody reads this, since you noticed it only now.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: August 07, 2015, 05:44:38 am »

An assault rifle carbine (like the M4) may help us more than an assault rifle. Assault rifles focus on short-medium to medium range, carbines on short to short-medium, and SMGs on short. We're lacking in short and short-medium so an assault carbine would be the best thing to design. The battle reports indicate we've been doing well in Medium range so a full assault rifle isn't really needed.

Glory to Arstotzka.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 05:47:02 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: August 07, 2015, 05:46:42 am »

don't we already have a carabine?

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: August 07, 2015, 05:48:27 am »

Our carbine is semi-automatic. The battle reports says that it works pretty well in Medium range.

Glory to Arstotzka.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #1730 on: August 07, 2015, 06:21:13 am »

We're lacking in short and short-medium? We have our SMGs and just got grenades...
(Also I presume we're talking about next year, right?)
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: August 07, 2015, 06:22:34 am »

We're lacking in short and short-medium? We have our SMGs and just got grenades...
(Also I presume we're talking about next year, right?)

Right. Though replacing all our rifles and carbines and SMGs with one or two guns might be useful(if only for GM tracking purposes :P)
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: August 07, 2015, 06:27:04 am »

Our SMGs are Expensive. Unlike machine guns, SMGs are supposed to be cheap and many of our soldiers should have them. They're not, unfortunately, so we're lacking rather badly in that area. Grenades are not primary weapons.

Glory to Arstotzka.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 06:28:40 am by Andres »

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #1733 on: August 07, 2015, 06:33:19 am »

Our SMGs are Expensive. Unlike machine guns, SMGs are supposed to be cheap and many of our soldiers should have them. They're not, unfortunately, so we're lacking rather badly in that area. Grenades are not primary weapons.

Glory to Arstotzka.
Make them cheaper, not make a completly new design, we could use design for something else.
http://Also I said, take enough grenades and you have new primary weapon.
EDIT: Again, you saw nothing.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 06:36:57 am by Kot »

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: August 07, 2015, 06:34:42 am »

a little formatting hiccup there :P
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: August 07, 2015, 06:37:45 am »

Make them cheaper, not make a completly new design, we could use design for something else.
That's what I've been saying ever since we designed the damn things in 1916 but each time everyone's just gone on about how useless a cheap SMG would be when all evidence has pointed to the opposite. People seem mildly interested in the assault rifle idea, though, so that's what I'm pushing now.
I'm of the opinion we should revise our plane engines to use less Oil. If we do so, both our dive bomber and our heavy fighter become cheap. We'll become indomitable in the skies and we can destroy three times as many tanks with our bombers. Of course, everyone else thinks that a cheaper turbocharger for our tank is more important.

Glory to Arstotzka.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 06:41:31 am by Andres »

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: August 07, 2015, 06:41:04 am »

That's what I've been saying ever since we designed the damn things in 1916 but each time everyone's just gone on about how useless a cheap SMG would be when all evidence has pointed to the opposite. People seem mildly interested in the assault rifle idea, though, so that's what I'm pushing now.
I'm of the opinion we should revise our plane engines to use less Oil. If we do so, both our dive bomber and our heavy fighter become cheap. We'll become indomitable in the skies and we can destroy three times as many tanks with our bombers. Of course, everyone else thinks that a cheaper turbocharger for our tank or a god damn boat is more important.

Glory to Arstotzka.

If we do a general engine revision that includes trying to make turbos cheaper as well as making our plane engines more fuel efficient, I'd sign up for that. Next turn, though, as radios are critical right now.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: August 07, 2015, 06:44:15 am »

Don't get me wrong, a merely Expensive tank would be a great thing, but getting three times as many planes out there would be even better. Our tank uses a completely different engine to the planes so we won't be able to do both in the same Revision phase.

Glory to Arstotzka.

EDIT: We've also got our tank destroyers to help our tanks out on the field. Getting our tanks cheaper at this stage really isn't that crucial.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #1738 on: August 07, 2015, 06:45:27 am »

Of course, everyone else thinks that a cheaper turbocharger for our tank is more important.
It's necessary that we get cheaper tanks so we'll need to use our Expense credit on it.
You what? I smell... sikrit agints.
Though I actually think I may agree with you. The planes are what is really useful now, being one of few things that can kill their heavy tanks, and are generally pretty nice thing to have. We could use the credit on them.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 06:47:38 am by Kot »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: August 07, 2015, 06:48:18 am »

Of course, everyone else thinks that a cheaper turbocharger for our tank is more important.
It's necessary that we get cheaper tanks so we'll need to use our Expense credit on it.
You what?
It's necessary that we get cheaper tanks this turn because they have an Expense credit too and they're likely to use it on their tank. We need to develop radios before we can develop cheap aircraft and the temporarily cheaper tanks will hold the line long enough for us to do so.

Though I actually think I may agree with you. The planes are what is really useful now, being one of few things that can kill their heavy tanks, and are generally pretty nice thing to have. We could use the credit on them.
We have two plane designs and we can only use the credit on one. It's better to get them cheaper with a Revision since we can do both at the same time. (They use the same engine.)

Glory to Arstotzka.

EDIT: Cease production of the 1910 Mag. Our 1910 covers our HMG costs and our 1924 covers our LMG costs. The 1910 Mag was only made to serve as an LMG, after all.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 06:51:42 am by Andres »
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 217