Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 217

Author Topic: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1935 Production  (Read 159582 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1919 Design X2
« Reply #615 on: July 28, 2015, 07:50:27 pm »

So, I say we use our design credit for a standard 1200kg truck for hauling everything we need to haul. It should have an armored cab able to stop up to a .30mg bullet as well as shrapnel, a 50hp engine, a transmission geared for pulling power, a MG mounted on the top of the cab(accessible from the load area and as well as a small hatch on the passenger side) and include in that an optional bed-mounted pedestal mount for an AC18-20 so that some trucks can provide fire overwatch for the convoy. Call it the AS-CT19

As for our other design, we definitely need another tank. We have all the tech needed for it, and it's just a matter of pulling it all together. I resubmit my Badger, officially the T-19 Light Tank "Badger"

Something I forgot to mention but we won't be able to afford the tank in 1920. Even if we get a new engine that pulls 1 more resource, we'll be on 2 Oil in 1920, at which point the tank becomes more Expensive. Without a new train engine to pull more resources, the trucks will also be Expensive.

Its so amazing because we developed it so fucking early and its (sorta) cheap. Now jsut... Shop.. Please. You are alienating yourself and your suggestions by ranting on and on about the fucking things.
Fine.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: July 28, 2015, 07:54:11 pm »

Thank you.

On the front of fuel, the engine my armored car that posses enough weaponry to kill their tanks uses is the sort found in cars. Or trucks. And we want our truck to be able to haul a fair bit, dont we?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: July 28, 2015, 07:54:20 pm »

Let's all be nice please! :)

I for one am in the 'revised smg might be a good idea' camp, some peeps are just more vocal!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: July 28, 2015, 08:00:15 pm »

Now that we have autocannons, we could totally develop a biplane if we wanted to. My guess is it would require 3 Ore and 3 Oil. We have 3 Ore but we only have 2 Oil, soon having 1 Oil. This makes the biplane Expensive, but that's acceptable. The obvious complexity that would come with it would drive it up to Very Expensive, but that's still acceptable. What do you guys think?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: July 28, 2015, 08:08:51 pm »

Deleted overly aggressive arguments...

I think I am not interested in this discussion...

My votes are
Generic, cheap, simple unarmed truck

Ask German guys to design our first byplane based on German WW1 designs but armed with our 20mm and adapted to our industry

« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 08:43:37 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: July 28, 2015, 08:11:31 pm »

Ask German guys to design our first byplane based on German WW1 designs
The Germans did have planes in WWI, didn't they? We might get a bonus if we get the defectors to design a plane. Heck, this might be the best year to do so.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: July 28, 2015, 08:14:38 pm »

They had.... many models

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_World_War_I_Central_Powers_aircraft

imagine what aircraft can do with their armor in desert using 20mmss for strafing runs.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: July 28, 2015, 08:18:33 pm »

Heh, actually now that I think on it, a biplane armed with our 20mm autocannon would really be able to strafe any armor they have with near impunity, and blow out of the sky any opposing fighters they might throw at us. So I'll actually delay Badger AGAIN for a biplane based on German designs, using our 20mm autocannon mounted on the centerline using an interrupter gear.
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: July 28, 2015, 08:21:25 pm »

If the guys inside our biplanes have some mortar rounds with them, they could conceivably do bombing runs on the enemy's supply lines. Heck, with they're autocannons they shouldn't have any problems with taking out the trains themselves. The trains aren't even armed or armoured! Even if they were armoured we'd just give the plane's machine gun AP rounds.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: July 28, 2015, 08:25:18 pm »

They had.... many models

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_World_War_I_Central_Powers_aircraft

imagine what aircraft can do with their armor in desert using 20mmss for strafing runs.
Kondor E.IIIa
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: July 28, 2015, 08:27:19 pm »

Alright, you guys have convinced me!

Design:General purpose truck for hauling anything that needs to be hauled; can optionally mount a bed-mounted AC18 and/or a cab mounted AS-1910. When used in areas that can expect combat, can mount some light cab armor enough to stop fragments and small arms.

Design:Have the German engineers design a biplane using an existing German design as the base, and mounting a centerline AC18 using a sycronization gear so it can fire through the propeller.
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: July 28, 2015, 08:36:24 pm »

"Ahem, I may not know much about tanks, or weapons, and I still have a bit of a problem with the metric system, in fact, i have no idea why I was given this job in the first place. But if there is one thing I know very well, it is spycraft, I would like our current AI head to allow me to step into a co-head position, (I also need to know what our spies are named) then I would take over our counter Intel operations, I merely need an agent to assign to protecting our technology. I would also like to recommend a more, reliable side arm be passed through the system, perhaps we could call it the: SA-2 "Silent fox." pistol.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: July 28, 2015, 08:58:22 pm »

Seconding Tryrar
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: July 28, 2015, 09:13:57 pm »

Have the Germans design the AS-A18 based on existing German planes as a base.
Spoiler: AS-A18 (click to show/hide)

-snip-
Our trucks can carry Oil, can't they? I vote for the trucks.

Glory to Arstotzka.

Spoiler: proposals (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: votes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 09:22:32 pm by Andres »

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: July 28, 2015, 09:17:50 pm »

Yeah, if we design them properly, we can have tanker trucks with the same design.

Edit: Basically what I'm thinking of is A duece and a half(but a bit lighter). That thing had a cargo bed that could be reconfigurable for just about anything, from hauling troops and supplies, to hauling gas, to even acting as a mobile AA with a .50 Quadmount. Our truck should be something similar.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 09:21:22 pm by tryrar »
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 217