Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 217

Author Topic: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1935 Production  (Read 159494 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1918 Revision
« Reply #600 on: July 28, 2015, 07:01:37 pm »

I really prefer to go simple and get a truck next turn unless some "react now" kind of disaster will happen.
I'm pretty sure the Moskurgs just stole our SMG design, quite possibly putting CQC back in their favour. We're gonna need to make the SMG cheap, because if they manage to make it cheap before we do we are f***ed.

So production. Stop production of original AS-F14, but keep the guns.

Yeah, we have a better gun now, no need to keep producing the shitty carbine.
Hold on a minute, there. I could very easily be mistaken but the carbine itself could've received a more reliable blowback action. If so, the increase in reliability should keep it pretty useful. Besides, the carbine still plays an important duty in CQC despite its reliability issues while the F14A is meant for longer-range engagements.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: July 28, 2015, 07:13:18 pm »

Yep, no need to remove the carabine from production

And I still don't see much advantage in cheap SMG. All SMG squads aren't practical
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1919 Design X2
« Reply #602 on: July 28, 2015, 07:19:59 pm »

I suggest to go for a mountain howitzer and a truck for designs and fix the motorbike during revision should above designs bring no problems.
We need to win mountains to make their armour more expensive and we need more resources for ourself.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: July 28, 2015, 07:25:59 pm »

Two designs? Great! This means we can get our totally not a copy of a coldwar tankette and something else at the same time! Like a sniper rifle!

Writing up tankette design now!
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: July 28, 2015, 07:26:56 pm »

So, I say we use our design credit for a standard 1200kg truck for hauling everything we need to haul. It should have an armored cab able to stop up to a .30mg bullet as well as shrapnel, a 50hp engine, a transmission geared for pulling power, a MG mounted on the top of the cab(accessible from the load area and as well as a small hatch on the passenger side) and include in that an optional bed-mounted pedestal mount for an AC18-20 so that some trucks can provide fire overwatch for the convoy. Call it the AS-CT19

As for our other design, we definitely need another tank. We have all the tech needed for it, and it's just a matter of pulling it all together. I resubmit my Badger, officially the T-19 Light Tank "Badger"

« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 07:36:50 pm by tryrar »
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: July 28, 2015, 07:31:21 pm »

Yep, no need to remove the carabine from production

And I still don't see much advantage in cheap SMG. All SMG squads aren't practical
Yes they damn well are. When you're clearing a building, you know what's better than 1 SMG and 4 rifles in a squad? Five SMGs in a squad. Same thing when assaulting trenches or in the jungles. All-machine gun squads aren't practical, but SMG squads certainly are.

If we want more resources, all we have to do is revise a new steam engine to let our trains carry more resources. Alternatively, we could put the design credit to use and make it a full-on design, possibly letting us get 2 more resources than we are right now.

Ok, we have to revise our SMG and make it cheap. It's our only chance if we want to stand up to Moskurg in the near future. If they fully replace their lever-action rifles with SMGs, they could take the Jungle completely in one year and it'll be difficult to eject them.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: July 28, 2015, 07:34:42 pm »

So, I say we use our design credit for a standard 1200kg truck for hauling everything we need to haul. Iyt should have an armored cab able to stop up to a .30mg bullet as well as shrapnel, a MG mounted on the top of the cab(accessable from the load area and a small hatch on the passenger side) and include in that an optional bed-mounted pedestal mount for an AC18-20 so that some trucks can provide fire overwatch for the convoy. Call it the AS-CT19

As for our other design, we definitely need another tank. We have all the tech needed for it, and it's just a matter of pulling it all together. I resubmit my Badger, officially the T-19 Light Tank "Badger"

I like the idea of Truck + tank for our designs. Let's go full motorized!

I might try to add an mg or two to the Badger though so it has anti-personnel punch as well.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: July 28, 2015, 07:35:42 pm »

So, I say we use our design credit for a standard 1200kg truck for hauling everything we need to haul. Iyt should have an armored cab able to stop up to a .30mg bullet as well as shrapnel, a MG mounted on the top of the cab(accessable from the load area and a small hatch on the passenger side) and include in that an optional bed-mounted pedestal mount for an AC18-20 so that some trucks can provide fire overwatch for the convoy. Call it the AS-CT19

I like the idea of Truck + tank for our designs. Let's go full motorized!

I might try to add an mg or two to the Badger though so it has anti-personnel punch as well.

Heh, knew I forgot something!
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: July 28, 2015, 07:39:32 pm »

And, in direct opposition to the Badger(why are we giving things names like dirty imperialists anyways?), the AS-LAC1/20-19

And thats three ninjas. Here is my response!
Highly Opinionated Fool

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: July 28, 2015, 07:40:22 pm »

When you're clearing a building, you know what's better than 1 SMG and 4 rifles in a squad? Five SMGs in a squad. Same thing when assaulting trenches or in the jungles. All-machine gun squads aren't practical, but SMG squads certainly are.
We have carabines, we have shotguns.

If we want more resources, all we have to do is revise a new steam engine to let our trains carry more resources.
truck is plain better for this role. Of course normal plain truck, not one with a machinegun attached. Also not only we want resources, we want deny enemy resources (read get those mountain mines)

Ok, we have to revise our SMG and make it cheap. It's our only chance if we want to stand up to Moskurg in the near future. If they fully replace their lever-action rifles with SMGs, they could take the Jungle completely in one year and it'll be difficult to eject them.
Yawns. Small-arms obsession is still here... We can revise motorbike to be more reliable, more all-terrain and carry 20mm gaining nice edge in jungle.

We can design light tank that can operate here. Or light artillery. or landmines. Or many other things to negate their better (maybe) short range infantry vs infantry fighting. Wars aren't won with smallarms.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: July 28, 2015, 07:41:36 pm »

Well, eventually they are, but they need stuff to let them win.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: July 28, 2015, 07:43:47 pm »

What about the psychological warfare I suggested?
Going in such a direction would be completely unexpected by the enemy, and thus tactically advantageous.
Think about it.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: July 28, 2015, 07:44:20 pm »

What about the psychological warfare I suggested?
Going in such a direction would be completely unexpected by the enemy, and thus tactically advantageous.
Think about it.

Yeah, let's not waste time with this, it's not likely to work :P

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: July 28, 2015, 07:45:02 pm »

We need something to defend our holdings in the jungle. If we don't, we could easily get overrun once they make a cheap SMG. They could even expel us from the forest altogether, after which it'll be a nightmare to get them out.

20mm is obscenely heavy for a WWI tank or even a WWII tank. 30mm is insane. Having less millimetres but using metal that doesn't such is the way to go. Also, I'm not sure we need a new tank. If we get a new engine, we can increase the T15's speed and with the Ore we'd get, we'd automatically make it Expensive. A new engine also lets our train ships food, supplies, and soldiers to the front lines quicker.

Design a new, more efficient steam engine capable of getting us 2 more resources instead of 1.

Design the AS-MG18.
Spoiler: AS-MG18 (click to show/hide)

Glory to Arstotzka.

We have carabines, we have shotguns.

Yawns. Small-arms obsession is still here... We can revise motorbike to be more reliable, more all-terrain and carry 20mm gaining nice edge in jungle.
The GM literally said our Expensive SMG was revolutionary. I honestly have no idea why you think SMGs are so useless. All evidence in the battle reports says that they're supremely useful. Heck, we were on the cusp of beating them in the Jungle and only turned us back once they stole our own SMG design.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: July 28, 2015, 07:48:18 pm »

Its so amazing because we developed it so fucking early and its (sorta) cheap. Now jsut... Shop.. Please. You are alienating yourself and your suggestions by ranting on and on about the fucking things.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 217