Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 217

Author Topic: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1935 Production  (Read 159605 times)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1919 Design X2
« Reply #645 on: July 29, 2015, 04:25:27 am »

yep
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: July 29, 2015, 04:25:52 am »

by the way, since we are using german scientists... why not go with a fokker triplane? sure, triplanes don't really offer advantages, but they are such an interesting sight

anyway. voted for truck and plane.

proposals
Spoiler: T-18 Badger (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: AS-LAC1/20-19 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: AS-MG18 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: AS-A18 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: AS-PAS19 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: AS-HV18 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: votes (click to show/hide)

@Sensei seems so.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: July 29, 2015, 04:52:16 am »

Should we not screw our truck\plane

Motorcycle revision idea:

Reinforce the frame, improve all terrain perfomance, create 4 variants of  sidecar: machinegun, 20mm autocannon, mortar, transport
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 04:54:47 am by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: July 29, 2015, 05:03:37 am »

I would approve that revision. it gives it a versatility that mixes well with its extreme mobility. Might turn out useful in jungle and mountain, and it would definitely be useful in the desert .

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: July 29, 2015, 05:08:32 am »

AS-HV19: A heavy truck, built for logistics. Uses a cabover design, giving it a short, tall and square cabin- drivers climb up three steps to enter it. Includes six large, pneumatic tires- two wheels under the cabin steer, and four close to the back of the bed drive. A simple spring suspension system makes a very bouncy ride, amplified by the height of the cabin. Under the cabin is a fairly large eight cylinder engine, which belches black smoke from two exhaust stacks that go over the back of the cabin. The bed is five meters long and consists of a simple frame that can hold a hopper, tanker, or trailer hitch. Other things might easily be built to fit there, but engineering didn't get around to that. Gets up to 80 kph on a good road, and can carry eight tons without too much trouble. Unarmored. Conveys a 1 logistics bonus. Costs 2 ore, 3 oil.

It is Expensive for battlefield purposes, but that doesn't affect the logistics bonus.

AS-A19: Arstozka's first airplane! You can kind of tell. It is a triplane based on Fokker's model, build of wood and canvas. The motor is an eight cylinder rotary engine. The frame has very thick columns in between each wing, which mostly mitigates testing issues in which the top wings, wider than the lower ones, would break off at high speeds. The plane is very prone to yawing one or or the other on the runway during takeoff and landing. It also perpetually rolls a little to the left, counter to the heavy rotating engine. Engine stalling is common as well, at altitude. The planned AS-AC18 was found to be incompatible with interrupter gears due to its APIB action, and an AS-1910 is chosen instead, with four meters of ammo. The plane is generally awkward to fly and prone to suddenly pulling in one direction or the other. Arstotzkan test pilots, unfamiliar with anything more prone to flight than a motorcycle, suppose it to be pulled deliberately towards doom by malevolent spirits. Expensive due to the complexity of the control system and frame. Costs 2 oil.

You have gained: Airplanes, Interrupter Gear
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1919 Revision
« Reply #650 on: July 29, 2015, 05:12:13 am »

Arstozka's first airplane! You can kind of tell. Pulled deliberately towards doom by malevolent spirits.

Excellent.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: July 29, 2015, 05:13:06 am »

by the way, I find it amusing that they spent a design on a tank that right now is a national effort for them to build.
It isn't.

It's merely very expensive.

But yeah, I vote for truck and plane.

On a side note, we have a problem. Advanced Primer Ignition is, like all open bolt weaponry incompatible with synchronization gears. You simply can't make that work. Hence, a small addendum to the proposal.

Spoiler: AS-A18 (click to show/hide)

Edit: Damn, not fast enough.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: July 29, 2015, 05:16:41 am »

Damn, I knew that API doesn't work with inteerupter gear but failed to notice that it slipped to the proposal :(

Improve handling and durability of AS-A19

And I think we have to design another aircraft next turn. Probably a bomber with  20mm turret

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: July 29, 2015, 05:17:36 am »

Thats if we dont need something to kill tanks with.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: July 29, 2015, 05:22:02 am »

So its my suggestion, with slightly more turret armor, a weaker gun, and tracked? Oh, and an extra dude.
Will my idea was to have a scout car with both a good weapon and off-road capabilitys.
It's meant to work as a scout and transport guard.
Think of it as a cross between a Kettenkrad and a AEC Armoured Car
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: July 29, 2015, 05:23:32 am »

Hey, that was exactly my idea too. Just based off of a different thing.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: July 29, 2015, 05:25:29 am »

Guys, back to revision phase :)

As you can see I voted for improving handling and durability of our new aircraft because we don't need out of combat casaulities.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: July 29, 2015, 05:27:16 am »

Thought that was a given...

Aircraft fixing
Highly Opinionated Fool

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: July 29, 2015, 05:27:26 am »

I bet it was the bloody Moskurgs who ruined our plane.

Improve the handlingof the A19 so it can fly acceptably. Use up to 3 Ore to make it happen. Lower priority is to mount a single centreline AC18 which fires through the propeller shaft.

Glory to Arstotzka.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 05:56:16 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: July 29, 2015, 05:28:07 am »

Revision proposal :

Spoiler: AS-A18-C (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 217