Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 217

Author Topic: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1935 Production  (Read 159327 times)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1917 Production
« Reply #465 on: July 28, 2015, 04:04:34 am »

Probably we should have fixed the bike.,.. AP bullets didn't do much.

Sensei Will we get AP bullets for 12mm weapon for free should we design it?
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: July 28, 2015, 04:06:14 am »

very well, gentlemen. It seems that we hold the plains for ow, and we must defend them. However, to gain access to their resources we will need better transportation. This is aided by having more oil and ore available.
I believe we could work on an armored truck, which can help both on the battlefield and in supply lines. That extra oil and ore ( plains is +1/+1 right?) would allow us to field heavy vehicles in great numbers. and planes , and boats!

SO, my proposal for the design is now a truck.Our petrol engine experience will surely help.

As for the revision, it seems that what is stopping us from threatening their capital is lack of mobility. We could use a revision to improve our motorbike to be more reliable and work well in the heat.
Or we could still try to cheapen the SMG.

Also, what do you think about the german scientists? if the great war goes as in real life, the ire of germany might not be worth much.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1918 Design
« Reply #467 on: July 28, 2015, 04:19:50 am »

I suggest (but not vote yet)

Spoiler: AS-AT18-35 (click to show/hide)

It is a step toward a tank next turn and a way to stop enemy assaults on our trenches in plains. If we are lucky this gun will be light enough to bring it to mountains and jungles.

We got AP technology from bullets, so designing 35mm AP shells will be easier.

I choose rather small caliber to make the gun light both for future tank  for using in rugged terrain and for fast traversing
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 04:24:00 am by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: July 28, 2015, 04:29:45 am »

that is actually not a bad idea. although we should also work on trasportation technology relatively soon, if we want to exploit the plains.

the gun seems fairly versatile, mounting it on vehicles shouldbe easy and does wonders to protect us from their vehicles ( which they can't field in great numbers or with great armor, due to their ore limit.)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: July 28, 2015, 04:34:16 am »

Pretty sure the bullets helped, considering the enemy was almost pushed back in the Jungle.

Anyway, a weapon to resolve our Struunk and other problems. Because we still haven't developed a machine gun that can be actually carried around.

The benefit of developing a weapon using API ignition is that this is one of the more prevalent systems used in SMG's. The Uzi uses it, for one.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 04:41:14 am by 10ebbor10 »

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: July 28, 2015, 04:41:16 am »

I prefer AT gun because it is simpler technology and will have greater range both for gun itself and future tank based on it.

Our top priority now is to hold plains. I don't care if they will win jungles back if we will hold and fortify plains.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: July 28, 2015, 04:54:00 am »

holding and exploiting plains is a priority. For example, an extra ore would turn our tank into Expensive, rather than very expensive. That alone would be an advantage.
And that is just with current designs. 4 ore and 2 oil ( 3 until 1920) opens the way for new armor designs. Which may be useless in the mountains and jungle, but right now we threaten their home desert, where armor is viable.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: July 28, 2015, 04:57:16 am »

Sensei Will we get AP bullets for 12mm weapon for free should we design it?
AP bullets, and other types of bullets like incendiaries, tracers, etc will be available in any caliber that makes sense automatically. In the case of 12mm bullets, you would get 12mm AP for free.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: July 28, 2015, 05:14:11 am »

Mobility stops being a priority for some time. It is nice (and my proposal is rather mobile) but we need stopping power first.

AT gun, landmines, pillboxes(is concrete ore?), engineering vehicles, 12mm machineguns, 12mm sniper-AT rifles or something like that is my choice for this round.

I prefer AT gun because it is a step toward a proper tank but I can support something like this

Spoiler: AS-R18 (click to show/hide)

Like their horsekiller but better, lighter, with better penetration (thanks to AP round), useful in plains, useful in mountains. Introduces snipers. Plays well with our patient trait.  Gives a round for Aircraft\Heavy machineguns. I can vote for it should it be popular.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: July 28, 2015, 05:20:20 am »

that sniper rifle is actually nice. While plains are our primary ojective, advancing in mountains should be our second. denying them that second ore they get would be crippling.

hm. tough choice.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: July 28, 2015, 05:31:00 am »

On a side note, remember we don't get any more ore or oil untill we upgrade our logistics

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: July 28, 2015, 05:36:19 am »

You do have 3 ore and 2 oil currently- buying oil comes with free shipping. But yes, you'll need more logistics to exploit the Plains resources.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: July 28, 2015, 05:36:31 am »

indeed. which is why I initially suggested designing a truck. But I suppose that can wait. we can use revisions to upgrade our trains, likely.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: July 28, 2015, 05:40:12 am »

Can we revise diesel or even petrol engined trains?

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: July 28, 2015, 05:41:49 am »

well, we do have engines, and most of the train stays the same. I think it is worth a shot.

or we can add a trailer to a stripped down tank, which would be only slightly ridiculous.

edit: also: opinions on trying to win the research credit from german scientist? should we try?
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 217