Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 217

Author Topic: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1935 Production  (Read 159222 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1917 Revision
« Reply #450 on: July 27, 2015, 06:55:39 pm »

Look, getting a motorcycle out was my idea and I stick by it, but the SMG is MUCH more important than any mortorcycle. Let's make the SMG cheap and fix the motorcycle later. A cheap SMG will win us many more battles than a working motorbike.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: July 27, 2015, 06:59:09 pm »

Cheap SMG is not that likely to succeed. We make a revolutionary design and expect to simplify it easily without negatives like lower reliability. Nope. Need much luck. I don't expect it to really work without 6es...

And yes, if everyone will update and post list it will be MUCH easier to count votes.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: July 27, 2015, 07:00:13 pm »

Cheap SMG is not that likely to succeed. We make a revolutionary design and expect to simplify it easily without negatives like lower reliability. Nope. Need much luck. I don't expect it to really work without 6es...

And yes, if everyone will update and post list it will be MUCH easier to count votes.
I will be keeping tally of the revision votes here!

Revision Proposals:
Develop new rounds for our 7.62 mm weaponry. In order of priority : Kinetic penetrator, hollow point, incendairy, tracer
Vote : 10ebbor10, UR, Aseaheru, Tryrar

Revise motorcycle frame
Votes : Hiddenleafguy

Revise SMG to be cheaper
Votes : Andres

Revise carbine
Votes:

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: July 27, 2015, 07:01:52 pm »

Notice that if two more people vote for the motorcycle revision my vote goes back to that, but until then I'm sticking with ammo revision.
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: July 27, 2015, 07:21:49 pm »

Revisions are easy and they usually succeed, regardless of what the roll was when designed. In fact, a bad design will make revisions are harder and might necessitate a redesign. Good designs are easier to revise. Not a single revision that has ever been done has ever made a gun perform worse in some other way, assuming we were purely upgrading and not sidegrading. In this case, all we are doing is getting better at handling the complexity of an SMG. No decrease in performance, just better at building it.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 07:23:30 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: July 27, 2015, 07:25:50 pm »

Ammo it is! Your engineers start developing specialized ammunition.

Armor Piercing Bullets: Special bullets are cast from Stainless Steel. The ends are less pointed, to reduce their chance of glancing. These have better armor-piercing qualities than the lead ones, and are a little less accurate due to their shape. Costs 2 ore. Only 7.62mm rounds are made with this tech, 9mm rounds are deemed ineffective at piercing armor regardless of their composition.

This took up too much time to start work on other ammo types this year.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1917 Production
« Reply #456 on: July 27, 2015, 07:27:16 pm »

Question : Does that mean that future guns will also automatically get these bullets?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 07:31:08 pm by 10ebbor10 »

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: July 27, 2015, 07:35:23 pm »

I change my vote smg revision!

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: July 27, 2015, 07:36:08 pm »

I change my vote smg revision!

too late :P
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: July 27, 2015, 07:45:24 pm »

Any special production orders?
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: July 27, 2015, 07:47:38 pm »

So enough joking around, I assume since our motorbike is pretty cheap(AND pretty shoddy, except for the engine) we make as many as possible to hand out to scouts and for replacements. As well as equip the MG sidecar with AP bullets

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: July 27, 2015, 07:50:51 pm »

Sidecar Machineguns should have both types of magazines. And AP  mosins and F-14 should be present at the front, too

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: July 27, 2015, 08:05:33 pm »

T-14.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: July 28, 2015, 12:27:27 am »

Equip the T15's 1910s with AP rounds. One of the threats our tanks face is being outmanoeuvred by a Struunk and not being able to damage it with its current ammunition. This should help considerably with that. The decreased accuracy isn't important because Struunks are big targets and the infantry it kills tends to be near the tank (to get close enough for their HKs to pierce) or in the trenches.

Sidecar Machineguns should have both types of magazines. And AP  mosins and F-14 should be present at the front, too
+1 to sidcars being able to have both types of mags, but we shouldn't entirely replace the standard ammunition with AP for the mosins and F14s too. In fact, most of our infantry and non-vehicle MG mags should be regular ammo. Both the Struunk and the SPAT are Very Expensive (as common as our T15), so if we supply too many AP rounds we'll get too high of a net decrease in accuracy for too little results. Their armour is only meant to handle shrapnel and the only of our weapons that suck at infantry armour-piercing are the DB shotgun, the pistol, and the SMG.

Glory to Arstotzka.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 12:31:00 am by Andres »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: July 28, 2015, 03:32:22 am »

Spoiler: Classified (click to show/hide)
Anyway, we're heading into the desert now.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 03:52:51 am by 10ebbor10 »
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 217