Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 217

Author Topic: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1935 Production  (Read 159150 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1917 Design
« Reply #390 on: July 27, 2015, 11:51:09 am »

But think of it that way: due to the way the design process work, we will have a full year where we are gassing unportected soldiers.

Alternatively, why dont we try to develop some kind of coal-to-oil process to carry us past 1920?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: July 27, 2015, 11:51:20 am »

What about we make a poison gas that can poison through skin contact and make our uniform a three piece outfit, the uniform, the helmet, and the gas mask?

NO. POISON. GAS. No. Just no.
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: July 27, 2015, 11:52:37 am »

What about we make a poison gas that can poison through skin contact and make our uniform a three piece outfit, the uniform, the helmet, and the gas mask?
Yup, that's Chlorine.

Anyway, gas is effectively a single turn, single region boost costing us a design and revision phase and them a revision phase.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: July 27, 2015, 11:53:26 am »

Couldnt we get some help on gases from our friends in Europe? Theyve been using it for a couple years now.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: July 27, 2015, 12:04:09 pm »

Couldnt we get some help on gases from our friends in Europe? Theyve been using it for a couple years now.

Here's the thing about poison gas(and why it was effective abandoned in conjunction with gas masks coming out): If the wind shifts direction, it stands a good chance of blowing back over your own lines, which is not a good thing for troop morale or general effectiveness. A weapon that can kill your own troops easily and is only really effective when deployed under the right conditions does not a good weapon make.
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: July 27, 2015, 12:07:52 pm »

Ok, then I think we should get a better tank going. Add a turrent to our tank so it cannot be flanked as easily would be a nice start.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: July 27, 2015, 12:16:39 pm »

IMO, Our current tank is a piece of shit not worthy upgrading. Designing light tank next turn is an option but we have no suitable gun for it.

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: July 27, 2015, 12:21:18 pm »

Whats wrong with our current gun? Surely, it is a bit large for a tank, but we should do all right with it.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: July 27, 2015, 12:52:09 pm »

It's quite big. Especially considering what it's facing

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: July 27, 2015, 12:56:59 pm »

IMO, Our current tank is a piece of shit not worthy upgrading. Designing light tank next turn is an option but we have no suitable gun for it.

We can try to design the gun along with the tank. I know that'll increase failure chance, but we can use our revision phase to at least get the gun working if need be. A portable carriage can be devised for an AT gun, and we can get the tank working next turn.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: July 27, 2015, 01:00:40 pm »

What about increased ventilation for the tank? It will help fix the heat.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: July 27, 2015, 01:02:57 pm »

What about increased ventilation for the tank? It will help fix the heat.

Thats....not the real issue with the tank. The issue is it's huge, heavy, and slow, leaving it vulnerable to infantry. Sure, ventilation will help with crew comfort, but we need a new tank design, preferably using oil instead of steam.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: July 27, 2015, 01:19:24 pm »

What about the psychological warfare I suggested a few turns back?
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: July 27, 2015, 01:21:34 pm »

We should be grateful that our enemy didn't neutralize our tank this turn.  They used  suboptimal thing to do it - design their own big piece of machinery.
_________

Let's go back to SMG... Do we really hope that we can simplify it enough with revision action? Will simplified version stay as reliable as original?  I don't think that it is a great idea.

What about revision action like this?

Experiment with special  kinds of bullets, both for 9mm and 7.62mm. Try incendiary, AP, hollow point

Is it too complex for revision?
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: July 27, 2015, 01:22:05 pm »

You know what? Fuck it, if we're talking about tanks, let's go all in on a tank design that should be useful in most, if not all fronts!

Spoiler: t-17 Tank "Badger" (click to show/hide)

Heh, can't believe it took me this long to suggest my Badger(for those of you who remember previous weapon design games :P)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 02:06:25 pm by tryrar »
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 217