Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 217

Author Topic: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1935 Production  (Read 159029 times)

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1917 Design
« Reply #360 on: July 27, 2015, 09:31:28 am »

Excuse me, my dear congregation of fellow scientists and engineers. I am not sure if I am allowed to speak in this place, but still I shall take the risk.

for one, I want to say some good words in favor of trucks. If we win ground in any of the battlefield, we are going to need more transportation capabilities, and meanwhile armored cars of any sort are valuable, even if [expensive] after 1920 ( and that is if our clear superiority doesn't win us any new oil).

That said however, in the shortest term the Wheeled motorcycle is, I feel, our best bet to capitalize on the mobility advantage we gained with the submachine gun.

In the same vein, for the revision I strongly suggest we simplify the SMG so that more of our soldiers can use it. Even in its currently limited availability it has earned us great advantages on the battlefield, just imgine the glory if it could be a common weapon in our army!

PS: for fairness, I haven't read the other nation's thread. Besides, they use imperial system! yikes.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 09:34:33 am by andrea »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: July 27, 2015, 09:33:53 am »

Just for the record, voting for the normal cycle.
(You may want to use bold as Sensei requested.)
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: July 27, 2015, 09:42:08 am »

"Ahem, sorry to interrupt but I have lost my copy of the battle reports, if you find them or want to let me borrow yours, I will make you the best lunch you have ever tasted!"

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: July 27, 2015, 09:44:07 am »

Ooc thread, page 16.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: July 27, 2015, 09:48:17 am »

"Thank you. Now to make you lunch!"

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: July 27, 2015, 09:49:39 am »

Design Thunder pistol Mk 1
Revision simplify the SMG
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: July 27, 2015, 09:53:52 am »

Design Wheeled Motorbike
Revision Simplify SMG(and maybe up reliability while we're at it)

Edit: Oh hey, I had an idea! Make a sidecar with a pintle-mounted weapon, either a 12.7mm AT rifle, or a 20mm AT rifle! By using a sidecar for this, if the gun doesn't work out we ditch the sidecar and still have a normal motorcycle(assuming the motorcycle itself turns out fine :P). Plus, the crews can still carry their smgs.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 10:04:29 am by tryrar »
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: July 27, 2015, 10:03:01 am »

Design: Wheeled motorbike
Revision: Simplify SMG, upgrade power with hollow point bullets

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: July 27, 2015, 10:08:01 am »

I think its time to go for a boat. If we stay close to the shore, the storm wont be an issue.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: July 27, 2015, 10:14:03 am »

in fact, our brave boats  might exploit the storms to sail inland above our enemy trenches. AH! imagine the face of our enemies, as our boats sail above them on a giant wave!

( not entirely serious. But boats might be useful. just not really our priority right now I think)

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: July 27, 2015, 10:15:33 am »

"Ahem, perhaps we could clear up the stalemate in the mountains by making an accurate sniper rifle?"

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: July 27, 2015, 10:20:11 am »

"Ahem, perhaps we could clear up the stalemate in the mountains by making an accurate sniper rifle?"

Let's split the difference!

Design:Wheeled Motorbike with an OPTIONAL sidecar with a pintle-mounted 12.7mm sniper/AT rifle. This scout give our scouts some punch, and they can still carry around their smgs on their backs.
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: July 27, 2015, 10:23:52 am »

that would greatly complicate the design... up to the sidecar, ok. But on top of that, we would be designing a whole new car with optics to match (if sniper)

the motorbike might prove itself useful even on the muntains, but it greatly depends on the status of roads and paths and on the slopes encountered.

While gaining ground in the mountains would indeed be great ( denying them ore!), I am not sure a sniper rifle offers enough advantage to do so, and for now we should press our advantages.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: July 27, 2015, 10:26:52 am »

Yeah, that kind of cheating(design a motorbike and rifle attachable to it)  will not work
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: July 27, 2015, 10:27:16 am »

Just... Why are we even talking about designing 12.7mm weapons? They arent that much better than what we currently have, and if we are going to design new shit we may aswell go the whole hog and grab, say, 20mm.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 217