Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 217

Author Topic: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1935 Production  (Read 159048 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1917 Design
« Reply #375 on: July 27, 2015, 10:28:36 am »

The thing is, were doing okay as long as they dont bring something game-changing. We could use the breathing room to start some more ambitious project, like planes.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: July 27, 2015, 10:34:11 am »

I prefer to push hard in jungles and get oil.

I am 90% sure that our enemy will focus on plains: heavy artillery, new armored vehicle, mustard gas, landmines or something like that. If you read their thread and know that I am wrong, don't spoil it :)
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: July 27, 2015, 10:38:46 am »

Actually I have an idea, perhaps we could do a fallout style landmine, with the button on the top making it blow up if it is armed? And the button could be labeled "disarm"

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: July 27, 2015, 10:44:18 am »

that neat trick would net us a couple casualties before the enemies learn. on a strategic level, that is just a waste of paint.

landmines themselves are not a bad idea, and our early mortar shots are probably decent by themselves. However, the front right now is mobile, and we are the ones advancing. laying mines would be counter productive.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: July 27, 2015, 10:49:02 am »

Plus, an actual small motor design like one for a motorbike would be the first stepping stope to an aircraft
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: July 27, 2015, 10:57:23 am »

You make a good point, maybe we could roll barrel shaped explosives down the mountains?

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: July 27, 2015, 11:00:42 am »

You make a good point, maybe we could roll barrel shaped explosives down the mountains?

I seriously doubt it is going to be worth much, when we have proper artillery. It is of value only when we must fire on something that is straight down, we have no other gun emplacements and that something is too armored for our rifles and submachineguns.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: July 27, 2015, 11:29:57 am »

The thing is, we dont really have any area where we have a huge issue. Why dont we go into as ourselves? The beauty of it is that it keeps the Moksburgian on the defensive, because they WILL have to spend some time getting gas masks.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: July 27, 2015, 11:34:18 am »

Despite the entire fanfare, was never that effective. It caused only a small percentage of deaths, and once a functional gas mask is deployed its mostly negated.

And it costs us more actions than them. We need to design gas and a gasmask, they merely need the mask.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: July 27, 2015, 11:36:03 am »

You guys confuse me. If you discuss something using metagame from the other thread... don't do it, please. 
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: July 27, 2015, 11:37:24 am »

We're not.

We just managed to both mistype/forget the words poison gas.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: July 27, 2015, 11:39:58 am »

I say we just develop gas masks, reason, if they are making gas then we will be ready!!

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: July 27, 2015, 11:43:42 am »

That would only require a revision, and that's only if they deploy gas. No need to revise for a problem that doesn't exist yet  ;D

This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: July 27, 2015, 11:46:24 am »

Chemical weapons

1) require developed chemical industry to build enough to matter. Very expensive poisonious gas isn't a game changer.
2) are a dead end in a tech tree
3) More or less useless in other fronts but the plains

If we want to smash plains, then large guns is a proper way to do it. 150mm howitzer will have a greater effect on the plains front than any gas,  but we try to win jungles, aren't we?

I say we just develop gas masks, reason, if they are making gas then we will be ready!!
If they don't, we waste design phase.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: July 27, 2015, 11:48:51 am »

What about we make a poison gas that can poison through skin contact and make our uniform a three piece outfit, the uniform, the helmet, and the gas mask?
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 217