Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 23

Author Topic: Mission 22: Hero Killer  (Read 33171 times)

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 22: Dead zone
« Reply #75 on: July 19, 2015, 09:24:50 am »

Quote from: Message to Lars
Permission to go look inside the colony proper, boss? Won't go inside, just wanna look in the door, see if this mossy shit is inside too.

As long as you don't get too close to the door. No one goes in yet.
Got it, boss.

Walk over towards the colony entrance, stop a few steps from the door. See if I can see the moss or any more bodies inside. Stop if the moss starts acting weird on the way over.

Also ask Steve if he knows of any weapon that would soup-ify people inside their suits.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 11:38:07 pm by Hapah »
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

bcneuf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 19, 2015, 12:35:21 pm »

"Permission to check one of the small vehicles or ships near the hanger. I'll check if there is any electrical power. Maybe there is a log that will help narrow down the date of this...event?"

Proceed with checking of a nearby vessel. Only if no corpses in it. And only if permission from flint or Lars is received.

If permission received do NOT turn on engine. Only switch on electronics and check and log or data available.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #77 on: July 19, 2015, 12:48:38 pm »

@Flint "By the way... did you get what you needed in our shuttle, sir?  Last mission?

Tek was not thrilled about being shocked."

:It was not about what I needed. It was about what was right. What everyone needed.:

:And yes, to answer your question, I succeeded. Much easier than I expected, actually, with the way some people panicked.:

:Let that be a lesson for you. Panic and fear never leads to good choices. It's almost as bad as not thinking things through. I've had to learn that the hard way. Be glad you were only shocked and do better in the future.:

@bcneuf: :Assuming you can get someone to check it for traps before messing with it and promise you'll be careful and not take it for a joyride, that's fine by me. We still know nothing about the nature of the threat we're facing.:

Nunzillor

« Reply #78 on: July 19, 2015, 01:02:57 pm »

@Flint "With all due respect, sir, the entire shuttle was shocked.  Tek was not panicking in any way, and others were also shocked into unconsciousness without apparent reason.  Including our commander, General Miyamoto. 

Nevertheless, despite the senseless violence perpetrated against Tek and our commanding officer, Tek will follow your lead."
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 02:37:50 pm by Nunzillor »

bcneuf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 19, 2015, 01:41:13 pm »

"Yes sir no joyriding"

Begin checking a nearby vessel for any data or logs. In a careful and methodical fashion.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 19, 2015, 05:33:36 pm »

"Just don't take it for a ride."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #81 on: July 19, 2015, 06:13:18 pm »

@Flint "With all due respect, sir, the entire shuttle was shocked.  Tek was not panicking in any way, and others were also shocked into unconsciousness without apparent reason.  Including our commander, General Miyamoto. 

Nevertheless, despite the senseless violence perpetrated against Tek and our commanding officer, Tek will follow your lead."

:I never claimed you did. Nor was I the one that shocked you. Steve, 'in his infinite wisdom' as Big Bertha over there would say, chose to do so.: Flint said, indicating Lars and his giant cannon.
:Nevertheless, the above do not invalidate the validity of said lesson. Nor does it invalidate the fact that perhaps there was a way this whole thing could had been avoided, had some of us made different choices.:

:There's always the potential to improve, to do better. That's the way I think about every... unfortunate thing that happens. I see it as a personal failure. I could had always done better, in retrospect. But that doesn't mean I won't defend my choices as right, at the time.:

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 19, 2015, 07:06:40 pm »

:Anyone want to accompany me in searching the storage area? Do we have any brave men or women amongst us? Or am I going to have to start ordering you guys? Eh?:
If you're still looking for help, I'll join you.
Help search the storage area

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 20, 2015, 06:47:46 am »

Jobasio looks up from his wristpad as Flint speaks, his eyes narrowing.
"Hold on- you're telling me you were the voice over the comms? That foolish errand was your idea?"
His mouth twists in distaste as he stares at the battlesuit. "It truly does not bode well for our success when what is probably the most powerful piece of equipment on the mission is in the hands of an imbecile. If any similar ideas occur to you, kindly keep them to yourself. I for one would rather not die due to more such stupidity."

With that he shakes his head and returns his attention to the radio, still scowling.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #84 on: July 20, 2015, 08:05:14 am »

:Sure thing man. If you ever become trapped and I get the idea to send someone to rescue you, I'll make sure to keep it to myself.: Flint replied sarcastically.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 20, 2015, 08:43:53 am »

:Sure thing man. If you ever become trapped and I get the idea to send someone to rescue you, I'll make sure to keep it to myself.: Flint replied sarcastically.
"That's misrepresenting the situation. Next time don't use a damaged shuttle full of people with Haebi when you could send an undamaged empty one."
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #86 on: July 20, 2015, 09:08:05 am »

"That's misrepresenting the situation. Next time don't use a damaged shuttle full of people with Haebi when you could send an undamaged empty one."
:People with Haebi? That sounds like a dangerous disease, you should get it checked. That's why you shouldn't have sex with Aliens, no matter how many tentacles they have.: Flint joked.

:And anyway, I couldn't send another shuttle.:

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 20, 2015, 09:34:58 am »

Everyone calm down. Feel free to bicker after the mission, but right now we have bigger concerns.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #88 on: July 20, 2015, 10:18:50 am »

Everyone calm down. Feel free to bicker after the mission, but right now we have bigger concerns.
:Come on man, lighten up. I'm as cool and calm as Ice-9. I'm just horsing around. I mean, who would be stupid enough to be angry and uncooperative with their teammates during a mission which at any moment could turn into a life or death situation?:

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 20, 2015, 11:23:36 am »

Jobasio snorts at that.
"I hardly present enough of a liability to the team for you to consider mounting a rescue effort in the first place. That seems to be what you base a person's worth off, after all, given how you risked the lives of a shuttle full of more-or-less competent, mostly sane individuals to save one single lunatic who's probably accounted for several missions' worth of dead allies all on his lonesome."
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 23