Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 23

Author Topic: Mission 22: Hero Killer  (Read 33152 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Mission 22: Dead zone
« Reply #105 on: July 21, 2015, 02:08:57 pm »

Ask Steve if he can send a probe or do a spectroscopy scan to check if it's the same atmospheric and goo situation across the planet or if it's localised. And if it's localised, what's its range? I want to know how far we'd have to go to outrun it.

Open some containers and check inside, just in case.
Have foods and other supplies broken down? What about plastics? If so, get a sample.
Anything else of interest in there?

Then go to Lars and go down with him.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 02:14:48 pm by Parisbre56 »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 21, 2015, 02:16:30 pm »

"You have [one turn], but we need to get moving."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Shaporia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 21, 2015, 02:24:42 pm »

"Sir, the atmosphere is a bit strange, things that don't match up with the old records, that is." Continue following Lars.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 21, 2015, 02:28:41 pm »

Private channel to Lars:

"Kay then, now that you all made it down well and good, I advise you divide those teams now, so they can do whatever acquainting they need to. Have you decided on going with 2 or 3 yet? Then, I'd finish up whatever you still wanna do up here, then go down with the entire team. Remember that there are still sods up here I can order around if there was anything you still wanted done. They might not be the smartest, but I can watch their cams so that's not a big problem."

sod actions: have some stand around where a shuttle is being opened, rest go look at every body and its position so Miya can make a map of where exactly the bodies are, to try and learn anything from that. Gunnerbots keep up with their aforementioned patrol route.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 09:30:43 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 21, 2015, 02:39:23 pm »

Private channel to General Miyamoto:

"Blessed General, would it be a problem to see what is below us on the elevator first?  If we go down and there are three paths, the choice becomes immediately clear."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Nunzillor

« Reply #110 on: July 21, 2015, 02:43:13 pm »

Tek thought back to the briefing.
Quote from: Steve
There was a supply ship that landed there, offloaded cargo and then left not long before this happened, however it is still in the midst of a jump so we don't know its condition yet either.
"Was there evidence of a recent drop off of supplies in the hangar?  This tragedy seems to coincide with a recent shipment made to the colony."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #111 on: July 21, 2015, 02:54:57 pm »

Tek thought back to the briefing.
Quote from: Steve
There was a supply ship that landed there, offloaded cargo and then left not long before this happened, however it is still in the midst of a jump so we don't know its condition yet either.
"Was there evidence of a recent drop off of supplies in the hangar?  This tragedy seems to coincide with a recent shipment made to the colony."
:From a quick examination of the hangar, there were no recent arrivals or departures. You're free to look for more evidence if you want, maybe a mention of a recent arrival in some personal diary that was not officially marked by the supervisor, but you have to do it now. We're going down ((next turn)).:

:Someone can also try accessing the computers, see if there's any indication of what's going on down there or if they can access any connected systems, but I doubt you'll find anything. And again, you'd have to work quickly.:

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 21, 2015, 02:58:27 pm »

"Hey there Dubley, don't go alone. Buddy system and all that."

Private channel to Lars:
If we need to split up, I volunteer to lead a squad.

Help Dubley examine a ground shuttle or whatever the other vehicles are. Also be ready to take a squad somewhere if needed

This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 21, 2015, 03:39:15 pm »

((Andromeda strain scenario GO))

Nunzillor

« Reply #114 on: July 21, 2015, 07:17:25 pm »

Thoroughly search the supervisor's office for mention (in notes or datapads) of any off-the-records shipments or unusual happenings in the colony. 

Time allowing, also log into and/or hack into the colony's intranet through a connected datapad or terminal.  Any indications of what may have happened?  What is the last activity recorded by the server logs?  And what systems can Tek access in this way?

@Lars "Sir, Flint believes that the placement of the colonists' bodies on the surface may provide hints as to the nature of what killed the colonists.  Would it be possible to create a map of the bodies by analyzing the video feeds collected by the sods?  Could you perhaps send that data to Tek for analysis?"
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 07:25:20 pm by Nunzillor »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 21, 2015, 07:54:18 pm »

"Brother Tek, I will pass that request to General Miyamoto.  He is overseeing the Sods this mission and will handle that."

Brother Lars switches to Command Com. "General Miyamoto, Brother Tek is requesting that the feed from the Sods be used to analyze the feeds from the Sods to map the placement of the bodies on the surface.  If you are willing, could you handle that?"

HavingPhun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 22, 2015, 08:16:33 am »

"Hmm.... this is very odd. Could a microwave weapon do this sort of thing?"

Head with Lars to go into the colony if he is doing so. Otherwise, make a closer examination of a body, and see if I notice anything else odd.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #117 on: July 22, 2015, 08:29:09 am »

N-No, I don't think so. Microwaves, even very powerful ones, would not destroy organic matter in this way.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 22, 2015, 09:29:18 am »

Private channel to General Miyamoto:

"Blessed General, would it be a problem to see what is below us on the elevator first?  If we go down and there are three paths, the choice becomes immediately clear."

"It's at your discretion, but I doubt the entire mission there will always be two or three convenient paths to split up into. Either way, it's up to you if you deem that more convenient."

"Brother Tek, I will pass that request to General Miyamoto.  He is overseeing the Sods this mission and will handle that."

Brother Lars switches to Command Com. "General Miyamoto, Brother Tek is requesting that the feed from the Sods be used to analyze the feeds from the Sods to map the placement of the bodies on the surface.  If you are willing, could you handle that?"

"I'll look into it."

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 22, 2015, 11:36:28 am »

Follow Big Boss Lars. See if the bodies inside look to be soupy as well, but no touchy the bodies.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 23