Elysia
Spooder
Doge
Cat
Snek
Andala
Abstain

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 110

Author Topic: FEF: Clashing Ideals OOC (Actually Accepted Two Signups!)  (Read 80961 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Clashing Ideals OOC (We need completed sheets!)
« Reply #150 on: July 21, 2015, 07:57:27 am »

Can the people on the upper level hear the argument?
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 21, 2015, 08:36:38 am »

Um, due to personal obsession with thief characters in the FE handheld games, would a thief trainee be fitting/decent/not die instantaneously?  I don't know how different they'd play compared to the video game fire emblem series.
Nom nom nom

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 21, 2015, 08:39:13 am »

They're not totally useless, no. From what I remember, they're kind of an all rounder, with the things that make them useful being their ability to open doors and chests and different abilities based on their first and promoted classes later on.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 21, 2015, 09:37:35 am »

They're useful though i think Powder is making one too. Also kj, a) other people have made sheets and just aren't in the first group, like me and birdy. b) just making a sheet doesn't mean you are accepted, so everyone who is interested in joining should make a sheet regardless of how many sheets are submitted.

Also, I'm always willing to make mugs. Though speaking of, rem, the proportions on your mug seem... off

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 21, 2015, 09:38:37 am »

He's just wearing really REALLY big armor.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 21, 2015, 09:40:31 am »

They're useful though i think Powder is making one too. Also kj, a) other people have made sheets and just aren't in the first group, like me and birdy. b) just making a sheet doesn't mean you are accepted, so everyone who is interested in joining should make a sheet regardless of how many sheets are submitted.
I know, I'm mostly going off the assumption that there won't be to many more people trying to get in.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 21, 2015, 10:14:00 am »

He's just wearing really REALLY big armor.
Going the ol' Space Marine route, it seems.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 21, 2015, 10:16:58 am »

It's not just the armor, it's the head size as well as the neck. Especially since it's supposed to be a female. It has the same issues your mug has of all the proportions being wrong for the gender

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 21, 2015, 10:18:03 am »

Oh, is there any list anywheres of all the sheet submitted or can someone give me a list?

If I can get one done at some point (work is insanely active today) and I also get accepted I'll definitely contract someone to make a sprite.  I could try but it'd probably be really ugly ha
Nom nom nom

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 21, 2015, 10:32:00 am »

In the grim darkness of FOE's FEF, there is only... PAULDRONS! oh, and some racism too I guess...

Quote from: Sword
It's not just the armor, it's the head size as well as the neck. Especially since it's supposed to be a female. It has the same issues your mug has of all the proportions being wrong for the gender

Quite surprisingly not everyone is exactly the same. Maybe the naga blood screwed with his hormones. Maybe nagas don't conform to gender stereotypes? Maybe my character was born female and got a magical sex change operation or something. Who knows? All I can say is that my character is male, and I'm sick of people making a point of it OOC. IC, sure, makes sense, and it'll be fun to roleplay, but I no longer care if everyone thinks he looks 'too girly to be a guy' or, apparently, the proportions are all wrong for his gender. Now, if the proportions are wrong period, or if there's a stray pixel or the clothes are colored wrongly or the eyes are misaligned, go ahead and say so. That's what I want to know about. Issues with appearance based solely on sexual tendencies, forget about them.
The circle is complete.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 21, 2015, 11:21:17 am »

I mean, if you're fine with your dude having boobs, go ahead. But the fact of the matter is, unless one of those things is true, in which case you would need to get them cleared with the gm, cutting the ponytail off a girl not only gives you hair that is basically physically impossible, ithe also just gives you a girl without a ponytail. There are certain features of human bodies that tend to one gender or the other. You might get some of them on the opposite gender, but it's almost never going to all show up.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 21, 2015, 11:28:00 am »

I mean, if you're fine with your dude having boobs, go ahead. But the fact of the matter is, unless one of those things is true, in which case you would need to get them cleared with the gm, cutting the ponytail off a girl not only gives you hair that is basically physically impossible, ithe also just gives you a girl without a ponytail. There are certain features of human bodies that tend to one gender or the other. You might get some of them on the opposite gender, but it's almost never going to all show up.
^
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 21, 2015, 11:38:23 am »

Except he... Doesn't... Have boobs. You might see that, I never have. I always thought Lyn's sprite was 100% flat-chested, that's why I chose to use it in the first place.

Key word, key words here actually, tend, and almost.

Someone who has purple eyes and blue hair cares about the shape of their hair? Oh well, fine, here's a more physically likely version that Gig made. I'm sure you'll have no complaints with that. Well, one of you won't.

Now what? He's got normal hair (which I honestly think makes him look more like a girl), so what's the issue going to be now? The jawline or nose? I've acknowledged them, but I don't care. I find it feasible enough. This character was never supposed to look masculine. Maybe the neck's a bit long? (Guys can't have long necks, right?). Wait, no, the shoulders are too thin, because lord knows it's impossible for a guy to not have broad shoulders.

Sorry if I sound cross here, but I told you that I'm sick and tired of people (OOC) harping on about my character not looking to their specifications.
The circle is complete.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 21, 2015, 11:41:16 am »

UXLZ, maybe you should take a little while to calm down. And the sprite looks lovely by the way.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 21, 2015, 11:45:12 am »

I'm mostly calm, I'm choosing to talk in an angry tone to hopefully get my point across that I truly am quite irritated with people going on about my character's appearance not conforming to their beliefs. I'm honestly not sure if talking normally would get that point across, really.

Credit for the sprite goes to Gig for the hair and small buckle bit in the lower left, Sword for the eyepatch (I believe so at least, it's been a while since it was made) and myself for a bit of redrawing and recoloring of Lyn's original sprite.
The circle is complete.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 110