Elysia
Spooder
Doge
Cat
Snek
Andala
Abstain

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 110

Author Topic: FEF: Clashing Ideals OOC (Actually Accepted Two Signups!)  (Read 80984 times)

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Clashing Ideals (We need human (Classes)!)
« Reply #105 on: July 20, 2015, 08:57:49 am »

Bio Draft. xD

Though I'm not sure whether I should put the bio 'overview' in front or behind it. I guess it doesn't really matter too much...

At least I'm not making an orphan this time. The character's mother was kidnapped, and that's his motivation, but his father's still alive and kicking.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 20, 2015, 09:03:53 am »

Sheet dun o_o Danke swordstar.
Picture going online when I'm in play. Still trying to not be that shy here. :)

Question FoE: Can I remake one of my PS's to make {Wind} based attacks knock an enemy backwards (or domino effect until the last dude) 1 tile on a CRITICAL HIT? It's situationally balanced out because they might not live anyway! :D

[May take a while to edit in]

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 20, 2015, 09:05:59 am »

What if you knock them into terrain that's technically open but their class can't cross? (Knocking someone into the ocean for example.)
The circle is complete.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 20, 2015, 09:07:42 am »

It could probably be something like "if a critical hit happens and there is an open tile the enemy could legally stand on behind them, the enemy is knocked back one tile"

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 20, 2015, 09:14:08 am »

Adding draft doesn't make it seem any less like that was the bio when the operating word there is bio. Writing cat draft doesn't make it any less misleading when it's a dog.

Sheet dun o_o Danke swordstar.
Picture going online when I'm in play. Still trying to not be that shy here. :)

Question FoE: Can I remake one of my PS's to make {Wind} based attacks knock an enemy backwards (or domino effect until the last dude) 1 tile on a CRITICAL HIT? It's situationally balanced out because they might not live anyway! :D

[May take a while to edit in]
Raises questions. What UXLZ said, and what if you knock them out of range before your second attack if you double?  Same with their counter attack: do they lose theirs? If so, it's almost equivalent to a character specific skill.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 20, 2015, 09:19:57 am »

What if you knock them into terrain that's technically open but their class can't cross? (Knocking someone into the ocean for example.)
They're knocked out or out of battle? No 'Kill' xp, but that's...err, discussion for the GM. All I'd like to try is diversifying it given that its a very situational PS (ie It can create advantages for allies moving up or push an enemy away from a very important tile...it could also knock them back into a better-defense terrain tile, or something like 10%+ damage to attack if the tile they land on is impassable...).

If so, it's almost equivalent to a character specific skill.
Character specific skill? I...um, thought that the PS is used to diversify characters? o_O
* Tiruin is misunderstanding here.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 20, 2015, 09:22:26 am »

What gig is saying is that it's very similar to cancel because it can cause an enemy to not be able to counter when they normally would be able to. Of course, it could also allow them to counter if they're like a bow user or something but yeah

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 20, 2015, 09:23:22 am »

Yes, but all strategic value is lost when it's based on RNG. If you could, say, choose to activate it at will in exchange for doing half or no damage it would have more utility, but it would basically just be a character skill or even a class skill at that point.
The circle is complete.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 20, 2015, 09:25:57 am »

What gig is saying is that it's very similar to cancel because it can cause an enemy to not be able to counter when they normally would be able to. Of course, it could also allow them to counter if they're like a bow user or something but yeah
Situationally though :O Given that its a crit, and...I guess that would lead to its beneficial parts (makes sense too, if you're blasted by wind but that's me nitpicky).

Yes, but all strategic value is lost when it's based on RNG. If you could, say, choose to activate it at will in exchange for doing half or no damage it would have more utility, but it would basically just be a character skill or even a class skill at that point.
...I'm confused x_x I'm curious because a PS for me is something not-that-exploitable but something that makes the character unique, due to how lives are lived and all?
...Though I'm unsure about the notes on activated or not. Advice or criticism please? :D

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 20, 2015, 09:30:30 am »

Eh, the activated by rng is true for lots of things, and to be honest, all strategy is dependent on the rng. So i don't think that argument about the skill is especially strong. The skill itself may just be over powered since usually critical chances can be a lot higher than the trigger rate for cancel or disarm. Especially since, if i recall correctly, you have a ps that increases critical chance? 

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 20, 2015, 09:35:37 am »

[...]Especially since, if i recall correctly, you have a ps that increases critical chance?
Yep! Though I'd like my PS to be balanced and OK for everyone else too. ._. I mean, it could be hilarious in several situations depending on the map! [And may be nerfed in-game if accepted].

I should take Wrath instead! :P But...noting critical chances mid/late game, they usually kill outright, and given my lack of experience in any FEF game with these mechanics, I...hope the PS is by itself reasonable?

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 20, 2015, 09:37:19 am »

I think the ps is a but strong but in the end it comes down to Foe

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 20, 2015, 09:51:38 am »

Huh, no, I was just saying that I wouldn't like to be relying on a 30% or less RNG chance for a strategy to work. :v
The circle is complete.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 20, 2015, 09:58:50 am »

Honestly I'm not a fan of PSs that increase range because range is such an important element of combat and +1 allows you to attack most enemies with impunity. As far as anything is balanced in fef, it seems far too powerful.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 20, 2015, 10:03:21 am »

Yeah, I'd have to say any range-increasing stuff would be severely off limits. Most FE attacks are within one of two ranges, with a few set weapons that break that mold and have very specific downsides. Longbows (low stats) and Siege Magic (crazy low durability.)
The circle is complete.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 110