Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15

Author Topic: From The Ashes-Episode 1:Chap 5:In the Dark  (Read 11533 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: From The Ashes-Post Apocalypse game 4/5 players-Episode 1:Chap 1
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2015, 06:35:31 pm »

"Pay? Oh yeah! I should have a fortune by now. We should get to a bank soon." Ox pauses, brow furrowing slightly. "Why would they put our pay in a locker?"

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2015, 07:08:18 pm »

"Dident they pay you half upfront? Thats what they did for me. Shoved it right in my bank account. Said the other half would be put in once the job was done. And thats in addition to the normal wages, which they said was gonna be directly deposited... Lets see... six bucks an hour, twenty-four hours a day, yep, should have been enough for my rent. Wonder how long I was in here..."

"Wait, pay in a locker? I was talking about food and drink. Someone probably brought some of their pay with them though.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2015, 07:10:57 pm »

"food and drink? Oh! Let's go check out those lockers then!"

Vacio

• Bay Watcher
  • I have awoken from my long slumber....
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2015, 07:12:52 pm »

"Okay." she hastily replies. Annis will search for vents or other small crawl spaces she could go in.
((Annis is attempting this at the moment.))
Discontinued Game
Los Diablos

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2015, 07:24:51 pm »

"Gotta get through the door first, unless the girl finds a crawlspace first. Forgot to ask her name... Hell. Why dont you help me out?"

"Oh, and by the way, name's Gar."

Highly Opinionated Fool

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2015, 07:47:47 pm »

John is still digging through body parts and rubble at this point I guess.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2015, 08:09:34 pm »

"Could somebody open these doors? I can stop the reactor if we move fast enough."
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2015, 08:27:02 pm »

Out of the Freezer
"Okay." she hastily replies. Annis will search for vents or other small crawl spaces she could go in.
Annis spends a few minutes crawling around and over the rubble and eventually disappears from sight.  You manage to find a tunnel that seems to have been dug by some type of large rodent, and you can see light not too far ahead of yourself.  Crawling under and over the rocks and dirt through the animal tunnel deposits you on the outside of the cyro-chamber door just as you hear a very loud bang come from the other side of said door.  From this side you can see that at some point in the past someone chained and padlocked the door shut, which is what is keeping it closed now.  Looking around the locker room that you find yourself in, you can see that most of the lockers have been broken open and looted a very long time ago as they are both rusted and collapsing in on themselves.  As well, you see that the door out the other side of the locker room is hanging ajar with it's hinges bent and broken.  You also hear under the sound of grinding machinery and the blaring sirens what sounds like the scurrying of furry feet.  You also hear the sound of falling chains and turn back to see that the ancient padlock and chain finally gave way under decades of rust and the insistence of the doors servos as it slides open triumphantly.

-5 mental ability
Ignore everyone. Run towards the reactor.
You try your hardest to ignore everyone but they seem to continue existing despite your best attempts.  However after a few moments of internal turmoil you decide to run towards where the reactor should be.  This in turn causes you to run face first into the jammed door and you fall to the ground bleeding slightly.  Once your eyes blink away the tears however you see that the door is now open.

-5 health

"Hmmm" John said as he took in the scene. Ceiling? Too high. Door? Seems dangerous. Rebar? Might make good weapon, grab some if I can. Corpses? YES! I examine the corpses and debris for any pieces of cybernetic enhancement. Tons of people should have some sort of modification, so perhaps I can necro some of it. (This doesn't seem like John's first cyber grave robbery).

After a few minutes of rifling through corpses you manage to find an ancient skull that has the gleam of wiring clearly visible through the eye socket.  With a swift bash you break the skull apart and remove what appears to be a large net of wires designed to lay over-top ones brain but beneath the skull, as well you find the eye-socket attachment for the device which seems to be a relatively advanced module from your cursory inspection.   Your celebration is slightly short lived however as you realize that preforming brain surgery on oneself would be next to impossible, though perhaps you can find someone to assist you later.  As you contemplate this you hear a loud bang as one of the others runs face first into the jammed door which then slides open a few moments later.

-10 mental ability
-10 mental stability
Gained Neural Net and cybernetic eye of unknown design and function

"Gosh, this place is awful! What happened? Maybe the robots can help us out of here. I think we should wait for rescue, guys.

Does anyone have an energy bar?

Ox looks around for a source of food. If he sees some clothing, he'll remember he's mostly naked and wear whatever he finds that fits, more or less.
  As you wander about looking for food and clothing, you manage to spot what could feasibly be both hiding in one corner of the room, before you cowers a rat the size of a large dog.  As far as you can tell it seems to be in pain from the extremely loud siren, if only you had a knife you could cut it up, skin it and make some rat fur pants.  On the other hand you think to yourself, a rat might make a suitable replacement for a traveling dog companion and maybe the robotic masters of the future keep them as pets.  You are undecided on this fact and only barely manage to notice that the door finally slides open out of the room.

"Perhaps. Tell you what, Ill check out the door while you see if there are any other exits. Perhaps theres some sorta crawlspace for utilities..."

Examine door
As the little girl hurries off to look for any potential exits you busy yourself examining the door, it takes some time but you manage to open the control panel for it's circuitry.  A few minutes of jabbing the wires around later and the door slides open to reveal the room beyond.  Your excitement is curbed however as you see that the locker room was ransacked at some point long ago, though if you take the time to find it you hold out hope that your locker may still be in one piece.

Nom nom nom

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2015, 08:30:52 pm »

John, now holding this machinery (as I have no clothes), enters the locker room and first checks for his locker, then for anything remaining in other lockers.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2015, 08:34:47 pm »

Quote from: Spiderking50:John Majundar
Name: John Majundar
Age (before entering cyrostasis): 20
Pre-stasis Occupation/Education: PHD

Bio: John was a mutagen and cybernetics researcher. (I would post more, but it looks like I'm quite late)

Stats-
Strength-5
Constitution-5
Intelligence-7
Wisdom-7
Charisma-6
Dexterity-6

Expertise: Human modification/improvement.

Body part Repo-Part of the company requirements that you had to follow involved the recovery of company property from test subjects, clientele, and the recently not-living.  It wasn't fancy, but you got quite good at cutting things out of people whether they wanted it or not.

Body Part Insertion-What else could you do with all those spare parts you collected, other than change them slightly and put them back in someone else.  You have the knowledge required to identify the pieces of metal that are supposed to go inside people and those that aren't, as well as what they are intended to do.  You are also moderately skilled in putting them in meatbags... er people.

Health-Excellent 100/100
Strength-1/100 pounds carrying capacity
Physical Appearance-Normal Human Male
Mental Ability-130/140
Mental Stability-130/140 Sanity is subjective okay?
Socialization Status-120/120, doing good and no one is screaming in agony so that's good too.

Hydration: 100/100
Nutrition: 100/100
Exhaustion:0/100

Inventory-Light blue hospital gown, medical bracelet
Neural Net and cybernetic eye of unknown design and function

Additional Notes:You value others less than yourself, and as such don't get as upset when terrible things happen to them.
Look good?
Nom nom nom

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2015, 08:37:37 pm »

I'm straight our of Repo the Genetic Opera. I love it.

Vacio

• Bay Watcher
  • I have awoken from my long slumber....
    • View Profile
Re: From The Ashes-Episode 1:Chap 1:Out of the Freezer
« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2015, 08:50:04 pm »

Annis will check any locked locker for supplies, attempting to do so quietly. "It seems you've opened the door, guess that works too. I heard something moving further down this room." she says to the man who opened the door.
Discontinued Game
Los Diablos

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2015, 09:42:33 pm »

(To the old man)
"You need a hand?"
(To the girl)
"Yep. by the way, Im Gar. Whats your name?"
(To everyone)
"Well, I think its safe to say that something bad went down. What say you all that we spend a bit of time searching the lockers for something whoever ransacked this place missed before the reactor goes critical, then head for my apartment? At the least we can get our bearings from there."
Highly Opinionated Fool

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 13, 2015, 07:14:58 am »

Get up and continue towards reactor.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2015, 07:22:34 am »

"Oh, Hey! looks like you didn't need my help with that door after all. Carl, was it? My name is John, but you probably know me as The Ox" Ox say, looking expectantly at Gar, while cooing weirdly at the rat. "Oh! This place reminds me of Philly. Man, the bus station there was just terrible. Hmm, that rat back there would have fit in. Hey Carl? Waddaya think? Think we could catch that rat and teach it to ride a robot?" Ox asks as he Idly looks around for his locker.

(To the old man)
"You need a hand?"
Old man? Our ages are 10, 19, 20, 23, and 29
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15