Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15

Author Topic: From The Ashes-Episode 1:Chap 5:In the Dark  (Read 11479 times)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
From The Ashes-Episode 1:Chap 5:In the Dark
« on: July 11, 2015, 09:26:06 pm »

In 2020 you -volunteered- for a cyro-stasis experiment to be carried out indefinitely along with a large number of other volunteers from all walks of life.  Some of you were legitimate volunteers, whilst others were abducted, taken from maximum security prisons or tricked into the experiment.  Either way as the glass and steel doors closed above your body, and the white freezing gasses trickled up your legs you never thought to see the light of day again. 

What seems like a blink later however to you, your eyes open on a cracked and dirty version of what was just before you as warning sirens blare loudly into your ears.  A helpful heads up display informs you that the cyro-stasis facility is running out of power as the backup nuclear power plant is melting down.  A few seconds later you are forcefully ejected from the stasis pod into a pile of debris and cloud of dust.  Looking around you see corpses, rotting dust and 4 other living people get ejected from the rest of the pods around the room.  It seems that of the 100 people forced into the experiment a mere 5 of you have survived though you know not what time or world you find yourselves in now.

Each of you are wearing nothing but a medical gown and bracelet with your name and a few other identifying features:
Character Creation:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Stats:

World Background:In recent years before you entered into cyro-stasis, the worlds nations had begun a manic race in technological innovations and research.  All was being sacrificed in the bid for a greater technological edge over the other nations and companies, people were killed and torn apart in attempts to make human-machine hybrids, and numerous groups of unwilling people were launched into space in half-hearted attempts at colonizing the moon and other celestial bodies.  The common people were terrified of the rapid race towards a technological future that seems to have been started from paranoia and greed.  What happened past this point however is as such lost to your knowledge as you were frozen for a currently unknown number of years. 

Perhaps with time you will be able to reconstruct the history of the world you left behind, but for now you shall merely need to adapt and survive.

Taking 5 players to start, your first objective of course would be to grab anything useful you can carry and escape the facility before the nuclear power plant melts down.  The game itself will be turn based, with some RTD/RPG aspects with stats and rolls being used though hidden.  I shall describe outcomes from your actions after everyone has posted a turn in bold and a color if you like. 

Turn style information:
Free actions:
Talking with each other, and examining your surroundings/objects quickly are all free inter-turn actions.
Reloading weaponry, eating a quick snack, drinking something and reading a map/brochure are also free actions but may be limited somewhat.

Non-combat turns:
What you are intending to do can take 1-2 minutes:Re: explore the room you are in, head down a hallway, do quick repairs on something, eat a full meal.

Combat:Turns would be a few seconds worth of action aka:Dive into a crouch behind cover, fire a gun at something a couple times depending on the weapon, throw a grenade, swing a melee weapon, tackle someone ect ect.

Overnight-Downtime turns:These are a couple hours worth of action that you can take when in a safe place such as a campsite.  The actions would be things like :get a few hours sleep or rest, read a book, carefully repair or construct an object, cook and cure food for long term storage, ect.:

If you are in combat or downtime status I shall state it at the end of the previous turn.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 08:59:15 am by kilakan »
Nom nom nom

Vacio

• Bay Watcher
  • I have awoken from my long slumber....
    • View Profile
Re: From The Ashes-Post Apocalypse Survival game 0/5 players
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2015, 09:34:55 pm »

Name: Annis Crawford
Age (before entering cyrostasis): 10 years old.
Pre-stasis Occupation/Education: Experimented Poor Little Girl
Bio: Child of the Mr. and Mrs. Crawford, leading genetic scientists in human perfection project, Annis has been subjected to many experimentation in order to make of course the "perfect" human being. Thanks to the genetics modification Annis became, highly intelligent out classing all children her age. Side note Annis had innate talent of charming the other test subject, she seemed to be a natural born leader despite being young for her age, though she was still a child. However the project did not show any increase in physical strength nor did it make her body any less susceptible to aliments, due to the failure of the human perfection project in this area, it rapidly lost funding despite the initial positive results. Unable to pay their debts from their research, Mr. and Mrs. Crawford sold their daughter to another company as she had some monetary value.

Strength- 3
Constitution- 5
Intelligence- 10
Wisdom- 1
Charisma- 10
Dexterity- 9

Field Of expertise: Hide'n'seek: Annis would hide from many of the scientist, so well they would sound the alarm for an escaped science experiment, only to find her asleep several hours later in the kitchen facility's cabinets hugging a box of snacks. 
Still editing.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 10:02:35 am by Vacio »
Discontinued Game
Los Diablos

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2015, 10:10:30 pm »

Vacio:Annis

Ozarck:John "Ox" martin

Aseaheru-Gar

Spiderking50:John Majundar

FallacyofUrist:Nicholas

Deceased-Alex raman-Yourmaster-Became one with the singularity anomaly.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 09:00:59 pm by kilakan »
Nom nom nom

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2015, 10:12:13 pm »

Reserving a spot (I'm on my phone right now).
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2015, 10:32:24 pm »

Reserved.
Name:Alex Raman
Pre-stasis Occupation/Education: Head researcher

Bio: After being lucky enough to get the role of head researcher on these projects, he believed that it would be best if he got into the project and not wait around to get shot.

Stats:
Strength-2
Constitution-3
Intelligence-10
Wisdom-9
Charisma-7
Dexterity-5

As well select one topic or field of expertise as defined by your previous occupation: Technological interface.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2015, 10:39:59 pm by Yourmaster »
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2015, 10:37:40 pm »

Name:John "Ox" Martin
Age (before entering cyrostasis): 29
Pre-stasis Occupation/Education: Pro-Wrestler and Actor (mostly commercials)

Bio:Ox was a well known pro-wrestler. He did a lot of odd jobs to pay the bills until he hit it big in television. His career wasn't at a particularly high point - he was doing the commercial circuit, selling gum, gym equipment, and cars with stilted one liners in commercials that aired primarily at late night. he did have one notable role as a minor villain in a summer B rate action movie. Not known for making wise decisions, Ox lost much of his nest egg through some shady hollywood dealings from his manager. He chose to be here out of a misguided hope for a brighter future. Something about robots and interest on an investment hi cousin assured him was a sure thing.

Stats-
Strength- 9
Constitution- 8
Intelligence- 3
Wisdom- 3
Charisma- 7
Dexterity- 6

Topic or field of expertise: Ox is a motivational expert. Not smart, by any means, Ox gets by on his charm, good looks, and muscles. He has some familiarity with training regimens and high calorie diet or body builders as well, naturally.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2015, 11:14:31 pm by Ozarck »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2015, 10:38:40 pm »

Code: (And here is Gar.) [Select]
Name: Gar
Age (before entering cyrostasis): 19
Pre-stasis Occupation/Education: Unemployed hobbyist

Bio: Gar was, well, nothing. Unable to find a job, he spent most of his time reading books or messing on the computers, and when he heard of a way to earn cash within walking distance of his home, he jumped on it. Sadly, this job was getting stowed in a pod for who knows how long.

Stats-
Strength-4
Constitution-5
Intelligence-8
Wisdom-8
Charisma-4
Dexterity-7

Jack of all trades, master of none: learns new stuff faster, knows fuzzy basics in many things.

This good?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

yeah the last one looks good Aseaheru, and the parts of the first sheet that are there are also good.  Just interested in what skills one might pick up in Primary school.

It is currently midnight but I'll do entry post, and finished sheets tomorrow once everyones done.
Nom nom nom

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2015, 08:58:35 am »

Yourmaster:Alex Raman

Vacio:Annis-Needs occupational skill

Ozarck:John "Ox" martin

Aseaheru-Gar

I still need SpiderKing's Sheet though if someone else posts a completed character sheet first I shall just take that player instead for now.

Turn style information:
Free actions:
Talking with each other, and examining your surroundings/objects quickly are all free inter-turn actions.
Reloading weaponry, eating a quick snack, drinking something and reading a map/brochure are also free actions but may be limited somewhat.

Non-combat turns:
What you are intending to do can take 1-2 minutes:Re: explore the room you are in, head down a hallway, do quick repairs on something, eat a full meal.

Combat:Turns would be a few seconds worth of action aka:Dive into a crouch behind cover, fire a gun at something a couple times depending on the weapon, throw a grenade, swing a melee weapon, tackle someone ect ect.

Overnight-Downtime turns:These are a couple hours worth of action that you can take when in a safe place such as a campsite.  The actions would be things like :get a few hours sleep or rest, read a book, carefully repair or construct an object, cook and cure food for long term storage, ect.:

If you are in combat or downtime status I shall state it at the end of the previous turn.

Chapter 1:Episode 1-Melt Down
As the occupants of each tube are forcefully ejected into the rubble of the ruined complex, you can see sunlight glittering through the clouds of dust.  30 feet above you the ceiling seems to have given way at some point in time, crushing a large number of the cyrotubes.   The room itself is a rubble and dirt covered space, bare of furniture or other objects excepting the rows of tubes.  At the far north end is an old rusted metal door which served as the entrance in times gone by, it seems to be jammed shut though attempting to open as part of the emergency protocol, sparks can be seen coming from it's hinges and the sound of grinding machinery is barely audible.  The warning siren continues to blare and a staticy robotic voice calmly says "The reactor is unstable and will soon shut down catastrophically, please evacuate the premises in a calm and organized manner.  Cyro labs takes no responsibility for loss of life or limb, have a wonderful day."  It then repeats the warning.

Nom nom nom

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Roof look like a good idea to anyone else?"
Highly Opinionated Fool

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

((If Spiderking doesn't post his character today I'll use this:))

Name: Nicholas
Age(pre-cryostatis): 800
Pre-stasis Occupation/Education: Wizard. Literally. His arcane glyphs even allowed him to slow down the aging process. He is functionally only 59 years old. Unfortunately magic doesn't seem to work in this universe.

Bio: Nicholas Nevermore took a wrong turn at the Dimension Gate in Nevermore Castle and ended up in a different universe entirely. Then he got sealed in a cryogenic chamber. Suffice it to say he's mad now.

Stats:
Strength-4
Constitution-8
Intelligence-8
Wisdom-4
Charisma-4
Dexterity-8

Field of Expertise: This would be Explosive Glyphs. But aside from the occasional residual spark of magic, he's powerless. It's come down to "creation of explosive deathtraps".

FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Vacio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well that is a start but.... The little girl replies to man, thinking It's about 30 something feet high, we might not  be able to reach it. "..what could help us up there, Maybe there is another way?"
Discontinued Game
Los Diablos

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"If the material of the others clothing is still strong than we could make a rope of sorts from them... As for other exits, I only see the door, and that looks stuck. Feel free to search for an easier way out though."
Highly Opinionated Fool

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Can you use a different color Aseaheru, I can't see blood red against the darkling background on my monitor.

Examination of Clothing-It appears to be made of a paper like material, if you were light enough you could probably climb up  a rope made from it though trusting it to not snap would be a serious risk.  You also realize that if it gets wet your clothes will mostly likely melt off of you.
Nom nom nom

Vacio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((I added the Hide'n'sneak occupational skill Kilakan just so you know.)) 
Discontinued Game
Los Diablos
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15