Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15

Author Topic: From The Ashes-Episode 1:Chap 5:In the Dark  (Read 11503 times)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: From The Ashes-Episode 1:Chap 1:Out of the Freezer
« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2015, 09:28:15 am »

((I am guessing Aseaheru wants to search for his locker, just a reminder please post actions in bold thanks!  Next turn coming in a bit.))
Nom nom nom

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 13, 2015, 10:37:38 am »

((Yourmaster looked like an old max from his stats... As for my action, I dident have it in bold because I expected some more talking.))

"Whos carl?"

Lockers searching time. Mine first, than every other one that looks intact.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 13, 2015, 10:41:51 am »

((Ah yeah, more talking would be interesting but it seems you guys are all in very different timezones unfortuneately :P))
Nom nom nom

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 13, 2015, 10:49:17 am »

((Nah, Im just about at weird times.))
Highly Opinionated Fool

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 13, 2015, 12:18:29 pm »

((I work third shit and tend to be online two or three times a day))

"I thought YOU were Carl? Didn't you just say that? Well, maybe we could name the rat Carl. Wouldn't that be great, Carl?" OX chuckles to himself at his brilliant idea or joke, and opens whichever locker he finds most intact nearby.

((also, Asea, get used to Ox calling Gar Carl. I'm not picking on you, but trying to rp his limitations. :P)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 13, 2015, 12:28:48 pm »

((Yep, thats what I was guessing that was all about.))
Highly Opinionated Fool

Vacio

• Bay Watcher
  • I have awoken from my long slumber....
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 13, 2015, 12:48:48 pm »

"My name...?" Annis looks slightly taken aback, Most adults I interacted with asked for my experiment number.... rather than my name. Then She replies replies after a few second, "My name is Annis, nice to meet you Gar."
Discontinued Game
Los Diablos

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

John, now holding this machinery (as I have no clothes), enters the locker room and first checks for his locker, then for anything remaining in other lockers.
You manage to find your locker, and luckily the lower part of it is even intact.  Thinking back you remember that your wallet and valuables were in the top compartment, sighing you think that a cellphone would probably be of no use now either way.  With a few moments of fiddling with the rusted lock you manage to get it to take your combination.  The door pops open with a hissing sound like a fridge that hasn't been opened in years and a wave of relief washes over you as your clothes and shoes are more or less still in mint condition.
((get a set of clothing that you would of worn in day-to day life))

After getting dressed you look about for any other lockers, though the ones that you can manage to get open had their protective seal broken long enough ago that all that is left is piles of moldy cloth.  However at this point the lighting above you explodes in a shower of sparks, and backup lights kick in illuminating the room in an unnerving red glow.

Get up and continue towards reactor.
Ignoring the pain in your bare feet, nose and indignity that comes from wearing a gown that is only tied once in the back you rush off towards the room where the reactor should be housed.  The hallways in the complex are in no better shape than the cyro-room and you find yourself tripping over rubble and ducking under exposed wiring that sparks ominously in the mostly dark corridors.  Eventually though you arrive outside the large Hazard Orange colored door to the reactor, your hair is standing on end from the sheer amount of static electricity in the area though luckily your access code is still accepted and the door slides open. 

Before you lays the control room for the power supply and reactor, the computer consoles are significantly updated since the last time you were in here such that very few have monitors attached to the controls.  You would assume at a guess that interfacing cybernetics or googles would be used to access the control systems though there should still be manual controls in the reactor room itself.  Above the advanced control systems is a triple-plated lead glass view screen into the reactor room itself, a large slowly spinning ball of plasma hangs suspended in the center of a gold plated spherical room with rubberized non-conductive catwalks to allow access to the control systems.  Lightening bolts fire constantly from the ball of plasma into the gold plating and seem to be swinging wildly across the room, even as you watch a tendril of plasma breaks free of the fields holding them in place and reduces one of the catwalks to molten metal and burning rubber in an instant. 

From here you can barely make out the manual controls for emergency shutdown which triggers a flux in the fields to vent the plasma into the sky above the facility before it goes super-critical.  Restarting the reactor would be nearly impossible without more of the exotic fuel that is used to start the solar-grade fusion reaction that powers the facility, however this would prevent it from turning the facility into a smoldering crater.

-10 health from cut and bruised feet, shins and lower legs
Mildly electrofied
*Current location Reactor main control room*

"Oh, Hey! looks like you didn't need my help with that door after all. Carl, was it? My name is John, but you probably know me as The Ox" Ox say, looking expectantly at Gar, while cooing weirdly at the rat. "Oh! This place reminds me of Philly. Man, the bus station there was just terrible. Hmm, that rat back there would have fit in. Hey Carl? Waddaya think? Think we could catch that rat and teach it to ride a robot?" Ox asks as he Idly looks around for his locker.
You wander around talking to Carl and thinking about possibly having a Robot-Riding Rodent companion and have an exceptionally difficult time finding your locker, finally though you realize this would be because the spot where the locker used to be is now nothing more than an empty space.  Seemingly someone stole the entire locker, your items included.  Despite this minor setback Carl manages to procure a pair of old leather sandals and a large sheet in which you can wrap yourself.  You wonder at the oddity of this clothing before noticing that it bears a trademark BIG FELINE STUDIOS, apparently another actor is currently laying dead in the cyro-stasis room.  Just as you don the traditional Greek garb, the lights above you explode and shower the area in sparks.  Red back-up lights kick on and illuminate the room in an underworld style glow, as well Rat-Carl seems to be following you for the moment.

Gained leather sandals and toga
-5 socialization, you aren't alone and you even have two Carls to come with you.

((Yourmaster looked like an old max from his stats... As for my action, I dident have it in bold because I expected some more talking.))

"Whos carl?"

Lockers searching time. Mine first, than every other one that looks intact.
With a little time trying to remember which number was supposed to be yours, you find the correct one.  The pneumatic seal gives way easily to reveal your locker exactly has you left it, half eaten sandwich included.  As you get dressed you wonder why the sandwich didn't rot after however long it has been, and if perhaps it and your clothes are now highly irradiated.  Regardless not being naked is better than a dose of radiation and so you get dressed, throw your pack on and even expect to find your valuables still in your old pants pockets.  Unfortunately it seems that one of the cyro-facility staff robbed you probably before you were even frozen as nothing is left but your clothes and pack. 

Gain (clothing/shoes that would be typical to pre-apocalypse you, and an item carrying device that you would of had. Briefcase, backpack, purse, messenger bag, grocery bag, ect)

Taking the extra time as the others get dressed you manage to break into one of the older-fashioned lockers in the back of the room.  Inside is what appears to be a toga and leather sandals.  Shrugging you give them to the man who introduced himself as Ox and insists on calling you Carl.

-10 Mental ability, breaking that combo lock gave you a slight headache
-5 mental stability, who even wears a toga...
-5 socialization, you aren't alone but being called carl for the rest of your life might get exhausting.

Annis will check any locked locker for supplies, attempting to do so quietly. "It seems you've opened the door, guess that works too. I heard something moving further down this room." she says to the man who opened the door.

You find that breaking into lockers is both easy and fun.  You even make a game of it for how fast you can get all the tumblers to drop though you quickly run out of lockers to break into.  Moderately entertained and happy with your ability to steal from people who are long dead you stand triumphantly over a pile of looted objects.  Unfortunately most of them are only really valuable to the people they once belonged too, though you do find both your clothing and what appears to be another young girls clothes as they are both pink and have teddy bears stitched on them.  Of the actually useful objects you come away with the following:

-Child's backpack
(set of clothing you would of owned+shoes)
(spare set of girls clothing in your size, with shin length jeans.  Pink long sleeved shirt, running shoes that flash led lights each time you take a step and a knitted wool cap.)
An antler-handed hunting knife+belt sheath
A water canteen with some strong smelling brown liquid inside
A leather belt which fits you if you wear it over one shoulder
A pocket sewing kit
and 'Girls first cybernetic relay'; a wired cap designed to go under a hat that allows you to interface wireless-ly with electronics of all types and it displays the information on a small glass panel that is suspended above your left eye.  It has the added benefit of being waterproof and running off of the static that your body generates as you move as part of the 'Kid friendly' style that the designers went for.  Unfortunately being kid friendly, it prevents access to mature data, websites, hacking, accessing financial data and even stops people from using it for more than 30 minutes a day to limit 'screen time'.   You suppose that given the time and a secondary way of accessing it's hard-drive you could overcome these restriction protocols though.
Nom nom nom

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler: My gear then... (click to show/hide)

"Bastards stole my stuff. Ahwell, I still have DF on my comp at home. And now I really wish I kept a copy of the rimworld download info on it... Well, looks like the place is still going to shit. So, we going now, looking for the door runner, or going to try to fix this place? Also, what did everyone manage to find?"
Highly Opinionated Fool

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile

Properly attired, Ox now realizes he hasn't introduced himself to everyone. Embarrassed at this oversight, he now introduces himself to the other man and the little girl. "I'm John Martin, The OX! how are you doing? Hello, little girl, you look very pretty in that. I bet it's more comfortable than that awful hospital gown." Ox smiles his best, trying not to think of the dead in the other room. "Hey, did any of you find any crackers? I think Carl might like some."

(yep, part of his bravado is deliberate - or, at least, intentional. Also, hopefully he is doing all this in a non-creepy way, what with his relatively good charisma and all. For instance, he only says the girl is pretty ater she is fully clothed, and in an "adult complimenting someone else' kid" way.)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 02:06:39 pm by Ozarck »

Vacio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Annis' old clothing (click to show/hide)
Annis will put on the new (new being relative) clothes she found, and will wear the Cybernetic Relay under the wool cap. (How cold is it in the building?)
Discontinued Game
Los Diablos

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(it is that temperature that basements seem to stay at regardless of the time of year.  So moderately cold but not uncomfortable.)
Spoiler: Annis' old clothing (click to show/hide)
Annis will put on the new (new being relative) clothes she found, and will wear the Cybernetic Relay under the wool cap. (How cold is it in the building?)
As well:
The rely kicks into life quickly and seems to run a number of scans on your physiology.  Eventually a yellow smiley face appears and it's mouth starts moving at a fast pace as you hear. "Greets (error), you seem to be a (error) old (error).  As we are unable to determine what your visual preferences will be for this interface we are defaulting to Greyscape.  *The image flickers to be devoid of color, it proves to be a rather gloomy overlay on the already grim appearance of the room you are in.  The voice then kicks over to a sort of Microsoft Sam sounding voice instead of it's previously cheerful tones.*  Initiating Heads Up Display:Default schematic:
You are now able to see the time, day, year.  As well as your heart-rate, nutritional status and subtitles to everything that everyone says.  you presume that it will automatically translate languages it knows to english.

Time:09:48
Day:Wednesday, 21, April
Year:2185

Time since last software update:165 years

Attempting global wireless network connect:Failed, please install the 'Kid Friendly, backpack carryable connection range extender to be able to connect to our satalite backup network.'

Thank you play safe.

Time remaining of useage:29 minutes

Shutting everything but HUD down till request received to save on 'Screen Time'
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 02:10:41 pm by kilakan »
Nom nom nom

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I got half a sandwich. Carl can have some of the bread."

Gar passes over about a quarter of the bread that was left on the sandwich.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod

I put on my white blazer, peach t-shirt, dark blue jeans, sunglasses (these go in my pocket), and white dress shoes. I place the machine in the inner pocket of the blazer. I then turn to the rest of the group who seems to be eating sandwiches and chit chatting. " Now that's much better. Looks like someone got here before me and found what was left of the good stuff. I'm thinking it was this little lady here. He cocks his head in the direction of Annis. We'll that's all fine with me. I don't think anything in these lockers is going to be of particular interest to me. Would love a knife though, I do love a good knife. The name's John. I was a "collector" for a cybernetics and mutation company. I got iced, literally, when I started using my skills for underground cybernetics. Technology is my thing, where it plugs in and what it does, its all common knowledge to me. Now, it looks like we are the only one's a live, but it wont stay like that for long. So lets skip the formalities and the introductions and get the hell out of here before this place turns into a nuclear volcano. John then moves for the nearest exit.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Vacio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Annis seems to be lost in her own thoughts as such she didn't hear the "collector", "Impossible....I can't believe it." she says in disbelief.
Discontinued Game
Los Diablos
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15