Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Racial Politics IC  (Read 4459 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Racial Politics IC
« Reply #60 on: July 11, 2015, 04:47:46 pm »

"What of the fish and such in the waters nearby, would they be edible?"
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #61 on: July 11, 2015, 04:55:53 pm »

Things are getting Grim. A hostile forest. Bovitaurs. Burning Caribous.

But then we must not be afraid. We come with great respect of these lands, but they will also make a worthy opponent if we have to.

"We are out of everything. Elves, sorry, with due respect, but we might have to defeat the jungle to not starve survive. We can live on poverty grass, yet not everyone can."

Archers will scout and hunt on the plains in the east. Peasants continue with the camp - help hauling if needed. Eat grass.

Spoiler: Centaurs (click to show/hide)

We aren't to the action phase yet, but when it comes time, I'll make this your action.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 12, 2015, 01:50:09 am »

Get my worker to begin breeding the Giant Aphids.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 12, 2015, 12:41:45 pm »

Well I guess its just going to move to action phase. I'll probably keep action phasing for a while until the council needs to meet again.

Get my worker to begin breeding the Giant Aphids.

Things are getting Grim. A hostile forest. Bovitaurs. Burning Caribous.

But then we must not be afraid. We come with great respect of these lands, but they will also make a worthy opponent if we have to.

"We are out of everything. Elves, sorry, with due respect, but we might have to defeat the jungle to not starve survive. We can live on poverty grass, yet not everyone can."

Archers will scout and hunt on the plains in the east. Peasants continue with the camp - help hauling if needed. Eat grass.

Spoiler: Centaurs (click to show/hide)

((Just going to count these like they were posted in the action phase.))
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 12, 2015, 07:04:30 pm »

((agreed.))

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 12, 2015, 07:14:28 pm »

1 worker will herd the animals. Try to graze them on grass, if we can.

1 worker will try to cut some trees in the north. If attacked, retreat immediately.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 07:29:17 pm by Playergamer »
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 12, 2015, 07:22:09 pm »

Send 50 peasants and a worker to fish on the shore. Hopefully, we brought some fishing rods.

Send 50 peasants to herd the pigs and sheep. If they can graze in the grass in the south-east, do so.

Send the rest of the peasants, plus a worker, north to the forest, and see if we can cut down some trees. If attacked, retreat quickly.

You can't put peasants to work. They are free NPC's who can be turned to workers who can work for you, but are otherwise the source of power within a republic just a drain on resources.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 12, 2015, 09:01:48 pm »

How much does it cost to turn them into workers?

EDIT: Anyway, my action(s)

Send the workers to start logging trees to gain enough wood for shelter and the piers.

Once we have enough wood, build enough shelter for our colonists and start building a pier whicdh we can dock our ship to.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 09:04:06 pm by Taricus »

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 13, 2015, 07:29:03 am »

I guess we're saying actions ooc now? If so, have both my workers gather food from the plants while guarded by my melee unit because even though I do have enough food to just do nothing and let everybody else starve then rule the land myself, as said, I'd much prefer if somebody else got all our food and we just traded some metal for it or something.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

TheLordofHouseRiley

• Bay Watcher
  • Cutting down the enemies of the emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 13, 2015, 02:55:43 pm »

"Oi ya gits its time to get to work. These woods are harsher then the woods of our tribelands but we are da ORKS and we will tame dez woods we will even if there aint no woods left to tame. We will win for we are the Orks and the Orks never loose we only ever fight so like all of our forebears before we will fight these new lands and we will tame them and bring glory to our tribes!"
(So to be correct here we have 200 peasants on top of whatever others we've brought)
"Take fire to these trees if we can not harvest them we shall burn them we shall teach the natives of this land to fear our name for we are the Orks"
(25 pesants are tasked with starting fires around the hill and ensuring they continue to burn despite whatever may come out)
"Youz boyz over there fashion your self some spears and wade into those shallows don't be idiots but we need to eat get us some food"
(50 Ork peasants are tasked with fishing in the shallow waters just off the shores. The two ork workers are tasked with quickly hammering out those spears needed for fishing they don't really need to be anything more then pointed sticks)
"Da rest of you gitz are with me were gonna surround this here hill and with the help of the wargs kill anything that comes out"
(125 orks and two wargs surround the hill and kill anything that tries to escape the hill. Yes I'm aware there just civilians and unarmed but we are orks and we have wargs so we should be able to handle anything that comes out of those woods. If the workers have enough wood to hammer out more crude spears then what the fishers need we'll arm the largest orks in the cordon around the hill)

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 13, 2015, 05:37:43 pm »

You can't put peasants to work. They are free NPC's who can be turned to workers who can work for you, but are otherwise the source of power within a republic just a drain on resources.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

TheLordofHouseRiley

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 13, 2015, 06:25:17 pm »

Ahh mis read that well for now all of my peasants will be turned into workers then.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 13, 2015, 06:27:48 pm »

Ahh mis read that well for now all of my peasants will be turned into workers then.

It cost money to make peasants workers. They're more like citizens than peasants. Its the same cost at the begining, but there isn't any gold income yet.

TheLordofHouseRiley

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 13, 2015, 08:30:16 pm »

Well damn so theres no way to make peasants useful? in that case for my turn ill put one worker to fishing he can use the wood resource to make himself equipment (spears,fishing rod, whatever) then the other to burning down the woods on the hill. The two wargs will be assigned to guarding the burn down the forest guy.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 13, 2015, 08:36:15 pm »

I find it odd that we brought in so many non-workers to the colony. You'd figure they'd be able to do something other than sitting around. Either thgat, or the workers we brought are co-ordinating the folks we have.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6