Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 35

Author Topic: Two Fold C9++: (3/15) Town Victory: Mutual KO - no replacement after all  (Read 49616 times)

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
Re: Two Fold C9++: (10/15) Day 3 reveals one less victim than expected.
« Reply #375 on: September 06, 2015, 12:29:47 am »

I mostly rank Doctor as not so scummy because he hasn't been too active and the scum have, like I said I couldn't get a good read on him that's just a gut feeling
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: September 06, 2015, 01:06:32 am »

I mostly rank Doctor as not so scummy because he hasn't been too active and the scum have, like I said I couldn't get a good read on him that's just a gut feeling
that doesnt make much sense.... as i stated, me damp doctor and teneb have been pretty much equally inactive, why is he different?

@Tea: reads are like this post from fillipk
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It is mostly just a list of name and what you feels about them.
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: September 06, 2015, 02:57:58 am »

That's a lot to ask of people without having given any reads yourself.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
Re: Two Fold C9++: (15/15) Day 1 begins!
« Reply #378 on: September 06, 2015, 12:53:29 pm »

Me,Teneb,Doctor and Dampe havent been doing much but I got to wonder, fillipk, why do you rank Doctor as not so scummy?

You know, I'm wondering the same thing myself. As you will read further on in this post, I'm highly suspicious of Fillipk. Perhaps one of the other lurkers is his scumbuddy, and he's trying to distance himself from them.

Well I know this might be a weird thing for me to ask but can we start making reads?

Alright, you asked for it. Text wall, activate!

The following are in ascending order of apparent scumminess, roughly. I chose not to include those players that I have yet to thoroughly examine.

Varee::
Maybe scum. Has yet to contribute much, though their claim that this is due to real life issues rather than active lurking holds some water; if you take a look at their profile, it's been over a week since they posted on any topics besides this one.

TheDarkStar:
Further analysis needed. Infrequent posting, but certainly not the worst offender.

Teneb:
As Arc pointed out, your recent inactivity in only this particular game as well as other factors were kind of suspicious. However, this isn't the only game you've dropped out of within the last couple of days, so RL problems are plausible. I really hope you weren't scum; in that case, we're probably screwed.

Dampe:
I think I made my suspicion pretty clear. After Fillipk, you strike me as the scummiest of the bunch.

Fillipk:
Scum. See spoiler.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: September 06, 2015, 01:48:05 pm »

Not Quoting the whole thing because I don't want to make this post too big.

I would be a hypocrite to argue that my day 1 mistakes don't matter as you have pointed out.  Yes I scum hunted lazily day 1, but then I have improved that on both day 2 and day 3 and the second half of day 1 after a little trial and error.  As to me not sticking my vote to one person long enough to have it mean anything, I cite my final vote on Roo, my vote on Moonlit day 2, that claim is quite a lie unless you only look at day 1.  I changed my vote a couple times on day 2 but both times it was when new information made someone scummier, and then cleared them up.

As to my apparent standard response all of those quotes are from a time period of two days.  All other times I defended myself with logic and reason and didn't mention my newness to the game.

@the Moonlit shadow exchange, I'm reading back through the thread and I realized two things, how bad the day 1 exchange looks on me and a couple things Moonlit posted that make them look really town.

hmmm this defense isn't making me look town, but then again your accusation is mostly based on my day 1 performance and my day 2 scum hunting and I don't know how to defend myself from this.

Well thanks for posting more, all your scum hunting, even though its on me, gives me the impression you are town.

I'm going to leave my vote on Teneb since I think he is the most likely to be scum even though he is requesting a replacement.  His first post has a hint of him being a werewolf as he wants to focus finding mafia.  His second post defends Dampe and tries to shut down speculation, which helps but I believe speculation can be used to decide who to pressure.

If I'm breaking a curtesy rule by not changing my vote please let me know
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: September 06, 2015, 04:32:47 pm »

I still think TheDarkStar is town because they're Not Mafia and protected roo when everyone else was dogpiling on them. Saying nothing or going after them would both have served the ends of the Werewolves better then defending someone not on their scum team. Its possible they're a Godfather immune to investigation, but Occam's Razor indicates they're probably not scum.

re: Fillipk:

The question here is whether they're being a noob or they're being scum. Keep in mind that[According to Flabort when someone asked them to clarify earlier] scum have access to a quicktopic at all times which all the other scum could use to advise a newer player. Fillipk, put simply, has made quite a few newbish mistakes. I don't think they are scum at the moment, honestly. Not the best townie ever, but probably not scum.

Unvote all

Teneb's lurkiness seems to be from IRL stuff, I'll respect that. I expect their replacement to be more active and we'll judge from their actions.

Varee, Dampe, FallacyofUrist and DoctermcTaalik all lack enough information for any real readings

Tea is either town or devious scum. Even if they are scum, they're one of the few things keeping the thread moving and the town scumhunting.

My miraculous survival indicates we have a Docter[Either that or I'm mafia and we arranged to not NK anybody to make it look like a docter protected me. Occam's Razor, though]. Like scum, Docters would try not to draw too much attention to themselves because their ability is so valuable and they work best from the shadows[Unlike a cop/seer, who requires higher visibility. So low activity =/= scumtell necessarily. Unless one of the lurkers isn't busy IRL anymore and can so be goaded into action with pressure votes, I'd hold off going for any of them just yet.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: September 06, 2015, 04:34:34 pm »

Addendum to my last post:

FallacyofUrist, while sort of suspicious[As I demonstrated yesterday], also has innocuous explanations for the inconsistencies I found. Without them defending themselves for more info, I am withholding judgement.
Spooky Signature

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: September 06, 2015, 06:29:31 pm »

I know I'm not the best town, all I can do is keep scum hunting and get better though, the main problem I see is that most of the scum leads are lurking, or at least my scum leads are.  I'm not shifting my vote.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: September 06, 2015, 08:15:17 pm »

PFP, I would like to comment that in this game, scum hunting is not a town tell as both scum team are also try to "hunt" each other too.

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: September 06, 2015, 08:30:10 pm »

I think I'm done with forum mafia after this, at least on this site. I thought we might finally be getting somewhere with the Teneb train, but then he just fucking leaves.

Captain's grand contribution is a case on the easiest target on the thread that lacks thoughtfulness and temporal sense. Arcv has decided to stop pressuring people and to highlight to the mafia team that if the reason for only one kill was not a doctor, they can claim it and skate for a while. Varee just made that fucking post, as if the only three people who consistently post haven't said it themselves multiple times each, while continuing to contribute fuck all. Fillip is...trying, but I don't agree with his reasons for a lot of things. We need so many replacements.

I just feel helpless to play to win and I wish I didn't care (like most of you don't)

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: September 06, 2015, 08:41:01 pm »

PFP, I would like to comment that in this game, scum hunting is not a town tell as both scum team are also try to "hunt" each other too.
Like my high school English teacher said: so what, who cares? Is your point that both scumhunting and not scumhunting make equal sense from town and scum perspectives? Does this mean we should random.org the lynch? If so, why is anyone discussing anything at all? Do you have any thoughts on ways scumhunting may be done differently by town and by scum? Is there someone in particular that you are trying to imply is scum by this and that we should be paranoid of them? Have you not read all the times other people have mentioned this and even contributed thoughtful specificity? Why are so many of your contributions aimed at nitpicking other people's contributions (implying townreads on ppl for scumhunting are bad, self voting to indicate that ppl should not just focus on a couple of people when hunting) while contributing fuck all yourself? (Including suggesting "we" post huge read walls when you don't actually seem to be including yourself as responsible for doing that, so far?)

PFP!!!

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: September 06, 2015, 10:11:48 pm »

I just feel helpless to play to win and I wish I didn't care (like most of you don't)

Yep. Literally half of the people in the game haven't posted in in-game days or have posted only intermittently. I'm shooting blind here and I hate it. RVS all fucking over again except goading people into defending themselves with pressure votes doesn't work because most of them are busy IRL and can't play anyways so lynching them would garner about the same information as lynching a goddamn ROCK would.

Fuck it, I'm voting someone mostly random until I get some ANSWERS. And if not then I have 1/3ish odds of getting scum through sheer chance, which is better then what's going on right now. Dampe is the most suspicious of the lurkers by several fractions of a hairs breadth, so why not them. I'm sure as hell not voting any of the few people aboard this sinking thread who've actually contributed consistently, its been bad enough since we lost most of the major old scumhunters to murder or inactivity.
Spooky Signature

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: September 07, 2015, 03:09:45 am »

Ok, pretty much all moved in now so can give this attention it deserves.

Tea
I think I'm done with forum mafia after this, at least on this site. I thought we might finally be getting somewhere with the Teneb train, but then he just fucking leaves.
Don't despair! For whatever reason activity in this game has been much lower than forum standards. The existence of two scum teams acts as a deflationary pressure on the amount of posting because somewhere between three and five people don't want to make waves and there's a fair few busy or inexperienced players besides.

Even if players post infrequently, you can always pin them to their voting habits. Fact is, whether he replaces out or not, Teneb still pushed a pro-scum case on a towny-looking player, Arcavasti. And as a small meta-point, I've seen Teneb (AKA Deathsword) replace out of games several times before, often as scum. He's still a good pick for today.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: September 07, 2015, 04:27:40 am »

Can we get a vote count?

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: September 07, 2015, 07:38:53 am »

@Tea: I understand your concern, it is annoying that stuff is not going as expected. I didnt say townread for scumhunting is bad but rather a read that say""Well he scumhunt so town" dont really say much.
While I asked for read while not giving one is not a good practice but I dont have much to offer currently, it not like I am forcing you to give a read list. I am trying to compile my list, in the current form it not much to go on anyway.

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 35