Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 35

Author Topic: Two Fold C9++: (3/15) Town Victory: Mutual KO - no replacement after all  (Read 49566 times)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile

Tea has replaced in for 4maskwolf.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile

I can't tell if I don't have a role PM or if I just suck with technology.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I can't tell if I don't have a role PM or if I just suck with technology.
No, the mod sucks with technology. Icy Tea is probably wondering what the hell that is doing in his PM box, sorry Tea.
The Cyan Menace

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile

Extend I hope this isn't too late.

Reasons next post
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile

Extend day

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Three extension votes counted, the day is being extended 24 hours.

Votecount:
TheDarkStar
FallacyofUrist - Arcvasti
Teneb
Comrade Shamrock
Varee
Arcvasti - Comrade Shamrock, Teneb
Dampe
Notquitethere
The Moonlit Shadow -  Fillipk, Notquitethere
Fillipk
Tea

Not Voting:
TheDarkStar, FallacyofUrist, Varee, Dampe, The Moonlit Shadow, Tea

Day ends in 25 hours, Tuesday 10:00 PM Mountain Time.
1/2 extensions used
The Cyan Menace

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

1. Tea hasn't had a chance to post and comment so I think he should.
2. I think Arcvasti should have a better chance to not get lynched because I don't find him suspicious
3. Moonlit Shadow never responded to extend the day and fall for a subtle/not so subtle trap which was the main reason I held off
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

1. Tea hasn't had a chance to post and comment so I think he should.
2. I think Arcvasti should have a better chance to not get lynched because I don't find him suspicious
3. Moonlit Shadow never responded to extend the day and fall for a subtle/not so subtle trap which was the main reason I held off
Also we need a lynch and it's right now it's 2v2

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile

Wait, I miscounted votes? And hours? And I didn't remember Fillipk switching votes. I guess I should have taken more time to peruse the thread instead of frantically doing math to find out if I was going to get a chance to do stuff right before I got lynched and then spending a bunch of time on a pre-mortem post to semi-exonerate TheDarkStar post-humously. I feel really stupid right now.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile

Sorry, I've spent a couple of hours already reading and am not-quite-through Day 1. Guess I'd better get back to it, though getting a 4maskTea avatar was a fun break. Let me know if you've questions for me, but I should be p active.

unvote.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile

Guess I'd better get back to it, though getting a 4maskTea avatar was a fun break.

Oh god, that avatar is hilarious in context. I'm giggling like a schoolgirl, both due to sudden stress relief[This and SS:13 are by far tensest games I've ever played] and that avatar.

Anyways, actual Mafia stuff, for once you're done reading the thread over:

Tea: Do you believe that Fillipk has a valid case against The Moonlit Shadow or Comrade Shamrock has a valid case against me? What is your read on all the roleclaims that have happened so far[Including my recent one]? Scummy? Not scummy? Weird as all hell?

Fillipk: Besides hiding behind the noob defense[Which, besides the fact that Roo became a scummier target, is the main reason YOU're alive right now, I might add], what did The Moonlit Shadow do that you feel is scummy?

The Moonlit Shadow: Seeing as we're now lynch buddies with two votes on us, it might not be a terrible idea for you to defend yourself at this juncture, like I did above. Why do you think Notquitethere and Fillipk are trying to get you lynched? Why are their assumptions flawed, in your view? Who is YOUR main suspect? Why?
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes I realize I'm a hypocrite for accusing TMS of scum because of the noob defense, however I never mentioned the fact outside of my defense and only used the point once, TMS keeps bringing it back up whenever someone even criticizes them.  Other then that most of it is reasoning that could still be true if they were scum.

I think Comrade has a good case against you but right now I'm thinking both you and Moonlit are werewolves Moonlit shadow assumed the werewolves didn't set something up but I'm assuming they have a quick topic and could have planned that out.  Maybe to draw suspicion away from the fact it smells like a plan.

My main problem with the noob defense is that Moonlit goes and analyzes people and posts really well but all his missteps and mistakes are contributed to being a noob, I admited to mistakes and didn't blame them all on noobness.  I think they are a noob scum hiding as a noob town.

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
Re: Two Fold C9++: (12/15) Day 2 begins with blood - No replacements right now...
« Reply #297 on: September 01, 2015, 02:56:56 am »

Uh, so I figured the best way to fully understand what was going on was to write a summary of every post in the game. Which ended up being 4487 words and now my head hurts too much to reread it like I was planning. So it will take some time to really bust out all of the questions and comments I'd like to make.

Tea: Do you believe that Fillipk has a valid case against The Moonlit Shadow or Comrade Shamrock has a valid case against me? What is your read on all the roleclaims that have happened so far[Including my recent one]? Scummy? Not scummy? Weird as all hell?
I have a pending mod question that will impact my view on Moonlit. But as for fillip's stance on Moonlit, I'm actually kinda impressed w/ the nuance he's had on the past page or so with implying/trying to test a connection between you two. (I can elaborate on that more after Moon posts.) I think I probably giggled when I read fillip first stated that he thinks Moon is scum for not knowing there were multiple scumteams. I guess I don't think it's impossible that a newbie werewolf, realizing that there were two scumteams, would pretend to think of the game in terms of one scumteam for as long as possible, and then when called on it, refer to them as "two mafias" for a while to try to distance themselves from being a werewolf and promote mafia hate? That particular conclusion is very unlikely compared to some I've drawn about Moon and their confusion surrounding game theory/the setup, but some of that I shouldn't go into right now, and some I was planning to read back on. Uh, I find Moon's referral to being new self-conscious but not really an alignment tell.

Something I do like about Comrade's case is that he compares you to what he's done in the past as scum - granted, different players play differently, but I'd say that aspect of the case makes his thought processes look genuine. From my initial impressions, I'm not sure I buy that the way you called out kila and FallacyofUrist is scummy (I actually tend to find paranoia of "good players" is pro-town, particularly from new players, but I don't really remember how much mafia experience you have.) I actually thought Teneb's reason for voting you was more compelling even though I kinda think he's scummy?? I lean town on you overall - I think that the way you claimed sounded town, and I buy your freakout over not getting to say your final piece and the DL showing up all of a sudden - but there's enough different scumteams and traitor bullshit that I don't know that it's good strategy to get really attached to townreads.

Uh, as for claims? I already knew roo was scum when I read up to their claim so I can't really objectively comment. I would like to hear why FoU checked kila. The only thing that bothers me about it is that if I were a 1-shot seer in his position and saw roo flip, I would have felt like a kid on Christmas, because while there can be multiple full cops, full trackers, etc., there can't be multiple 1-shots of a particular power role, so from his POV roo was confirmed scum from that claim. This is not a thing he has acknowledged and I don't think I saw a real behavior change from him in his roo pursuit after the claim. It's also possible that he just didn't realize this and is still town, but. I do see early claims come from eager town a lot more often than scum (at least when I've played on IRC, not that I encourage the behavior in general) so I guess I'm null on it? As stated previously, your claim sounds townish to me. You didn't explain why you targeted DarkStar (which doesn't really surprise me given the circumstances of your claim) but that makes sense to me as someone you would think is mafia based on Yesterday and your posts in general.

To be honest, this post was probably not good use of my time considering I think it's the last one I'm going to make before bed, but it is what it is. Lol

Guess I'll throw out the questions that I have that I can remember:
@Moonlit - Is there a reason you make a point to respond to every time Dampe gets brought up?
@fillip - You've talked a lot recently about who you think are werewolves. Who would you say is most likely to be mafia?
@notquitethere - I kinda skimmed the recent BM and it seems like you're a lot more quiet here than there. I guess I don't have a specific question but I'd like to hear comments on quieter players and/or just on anything that isn't re:Moonlit?
@Teneb - I thought your note about wanting to get rid of the mafia first to cut down on the number of nightkills was an interesting strategy. Do you think you're working toward making that happen and if not, why not? 
@DarkStar - Thoughts on players besides Moonlit and fillip?
@Comrade - What the fuck was that first post you made, though. I mean, it's kind of hilarious that you had the balls to ask if the post you just made was a good post for scum to make, but I was wondering if you could enlighten me on what you were thinking about that made you go from "I'm asking these questions" to "my post sounds like plausible good scum strategy, I should get opinions on this." Granted you may not remember thoughts you were having while writing a post from idk a week ago, but try?

Good night!

Comrade Shamrock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Two Fold C9++: (12/15) Day 2 begins with blood - No replacements right now...
« Reply #298 on: September 01, 2015, 08:04:59 am »

Tea:
It was more whimsical than anything. I usually get scum (4 of 6 current game notwithstanding), my first game as town I was lynched D1 and the other was in a D-Day setting. I was curious as to how my play would be interpreted so I can use any interesting points in my next game.

It could also be considered refuge in audacity if you want to see it that way. I immediately ask the others basically do I look like scum. Everyone thinks that no scum would be so outrageous to draw so much attention to himself so I get a pass as weird town.

Of course now I've looked at this post maybe I'm discrediting theories in advance so if someone tries to bring them up, they hold less water.  I could also be scum with some ego thingy and trying to make it so blatantly obvious it was me so I can brag if I win.What do you think? You're the first person to bring it up.

Arcvasti:
Well the way I see it you either die tonight or get investigated and saved tonight if there are multiple cops and a doctor/jailkeeper. So we'll see in the morning.

unvote

Since I'm not sure whether I'll be on later and fillipk's case seems reasonable.

Moonlit

So hopefully less likely to get a vote out of left field to tie the lynch.

Flabort:
Is Dampe still playing or do he's need a replace too? Because I'd be happy to take on the role of 2 players.  :D

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: September 01, 2015, 10:52:45 am »

Flabort:
Is Dampe still playing or do he's need a replace too? Because I'd be happy to take on the role of 2 players.  :D
He may need replacing, I'll make one more check near the end of the day before officially putting him (or anyone else) up for replacement.
The Cyan Menace

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 35