Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 57

Author Topic: You are a Dungeon  (Read 47310 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Dungeon
« Reply #480 on: July 24, 2015, 07:06:25 pm »

We have more room than we need now.

Remember, we even have 2 rows of empty tombs for ambushing

Do we have catacombs under the whole cemetery or just the heartpiece?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: July 24, 2015, 07:22:42 pm »

1) You are trying to min-max  instead of doing what seems... logical for dungeon to do (grow)

2) My plan is an attempt to create the first facility of the dungeon not just "more room". Oh, and it is being nice to our minions. Bats need home

3) Breeding idea may fail but even if it will fail we get a layer of defence that we may need in case if things go badly. All we need now is one adventurer to sneak past skeletons

4) BTW, Rusty swords suck. Wait for looted weapons to raise skeletons.

5) Room can be repurposed. Low level troops stay there and slowly become useless.  I am talking about zombies
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: July 24, 2015, 07:53:42 pm »

Rusty swords do not suck. They have proven to be quite good actually.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: July 24, 2015, 07:56:21 pm »

We have more room than we need now.

Remember, we even have 2 rows of empty tombs for ambushing

Do we have catacombs under the whole cemetery or just the heartpiece?
Right now its just the heartpiece, it'll expand outwards as you add on to it.

If we keep all our minions (in particular, the skeletons) in one group, and locate them in either the graveyard or the mausoleum, we won't need a second captain bones yet

Hover your mouse over the Mausoleum in the spoiler. Its a small room, and thus can only hold six minions.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: July 24, 2015, 07:57:03 pm »

Rusty swords do not suck. They have proven to be quite good actually.
They are enchanted and carry an increased chance to cause tetanus on strike.
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: July 24, 2015, 11:12:55 pm »

1) You are trying to min-max  instead of doing what seems... logical for dungeon to do (grow)

2) My plan is an attempt to create the first facility of the dungeon not just "more room". Oh, and it is being nice to our minions. Bats need home

3) Breeding idea may fail but even if it will fail we get a layer of defence that we may need in case if things go badly. All we need now is one adventurer to sneak past skeletons

5) Room can be repurposed. Low level troops stay there and slowly become useless.  I am talking about zombies
1) I am trying to use our points wisely. that is hardly minmaxing. And "(expensive) bat breeding room (yay!)" hardly seems logical.
2) there is no indication that minions breed. If minions breed, they may need special rooms we don't have access to. As for being nice, baloney. as for needing a home, the entrance hall is vast.
3) space is not defense. Enemies can walk the distance of a silly room far more easily than they can wade through a troop of enemies.
4) rusty swords are the bet weapon we have available, and the town nearby IS aware of an undead uprising. If we leave minions at the numbers they are now, the next wave will likely overrun us.
5)rooms can be added when dp income is high. minions cannot be added when dungeon is overrun. By the time zombies are useless, we will have developed enough that it won't matter. Or they'll all be re-dead.

If we keep all our minions (in particular, the skeletons) in one group, and locate them in either the graveyard or the mausoleum, we won't need a second captain bones yet

Hover your mouse over the Mausoleum in the spoiler. Its a small room, and thus can only hold six minions.
Entrance hall. I meant entrance hall. It's "vast" I believe.

Sscral

• Bay Watcher
  • привет
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: July 25, 2015, 08:28:02 pm »

I want a skeleton archers, bats, and a few more zoms.

we had what, 105 DP?

2 skeleton with shortbow, (30DP)
1 Captain Bones with Shortbow (25DP)
2 bats (20DP)
4 zombies (20DP)

And save the last 15DP.

All you need right now is to put the bats in the entrance hall, or even the heart chamber. We have plenty of space and not enough minions. We have, what? Fifteen minions? We just sent forty goblins to town. they aren't listed as minions, and can therefore turn on us. Rooms are unnecessary this round.

-1 to adding any rooms. +1 to adding minions and equipping them.
+1
+1 to whatever plan adds the most minions.
The most minions is straight up zombies.  At 5DP per we can create an army of naked monsters.  Like 20 of them.

+1
A three year old just made an artifact doll from the skull of his dead kitten. I can only assume the mind control lasted past death.
"Look, mommy!  Now I can play with Mister Fluffles forever!"

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: July 25, 2015, 09:22:25 pm »

1) I am trying to use our points wisely. that is hardly minmaxing. And "(expensive) bat breeding room (yay!)" hardly seems logical.
2) there is no indication that minions breed. If minions breed, they may need special rooms we don't have access to. As for being nice, baloney. as for needing a home, the entrance hall is vast.
3) space is not defense. Enemies can walk the distance of a silly room far more easily than they can wade through a troop of enemies.
4) rusty swords are the bet weapon we have available, and the town nearby IS aware of an undead uprising. If we leave minions at the numbers they are now, the next wave will likely overrun us.
5)rooms can be added when dp income is high. minions cannot be added when dungeon is overrun. By the time zombies are useless, we will have developed enough that it won't matter. Or they'll all be re-dead.

It isn't that I am trying to sabotage the game... but more that it has such a vague sense of "what we are doing is right" that I am just like... "Why don't we just have fun with it?"

I am quite tired of fielding skeletons... Lets just have our Bat breeding room.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: July 25, 2015, 09:24:47 pm »

A bat breeding room makes absolutely no sense. A room full of zombies is a lot less expensive. On top of that, we can just stick them in our heart chamber.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: July 25, 2015, 09:32:38 pm »

Honestly, now that we are on the subject, I am woundering if our zombies can "breed"
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: July 25, 2015, 11:11:08 pm »

I don't want all zombies. all skeletons is the same cost, and skeletons at least can wield weapons and grow more powerful.

I get you, Neonivek. It feels like it's time to move to more powerful or interesting stuff.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: July 25, 2015, 11:18:10 pm »

Bats have yet to prove their usefulness. Skelebums and zombies have.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: July 25, 2015, 11:19:17 pm »

Yeah, we can't build traps. Support room for bats. I am not sure if they will breed but bats should live undeground.

Actually
Giant Bat breeding room plan v.2.0
Buy large room (45 DP)
Buy two small hallways (10 DP)
Reshape undeground level to entrance-small hallway-"Batroom"-small hallway-Heart
Buy six bats to populate "Batroom" (60 DP)

This way our heart will be protected by dark hallways full of bats. OK, not so full right now, but I hope we will get more bats and may get special variants later
+1 to this. -1 to minmaxing.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: July 25, 2015, 11:33:46 pm »

I'll try to update tomorrow, but there's a lot of votes to sift through to find what is the most supported one since several of you changed what you backed a couple of times. Also I will not provide you with advice most of the time so consider this one a freebie, winning through sheer numbers is impossible, and will result in the loss of a lot of your minions. If you guys aren't sure about what to get keep in mind you can just save your points until you unlock new options.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: July 26, 2015, 05:41:53 am »

Im concerned that some people mayu be misunderstanding what minmaxing is :/

Merely buying critters isnt minmaxing.  Trying to override established gamemechanics to get free bats might qualify, however.

The debate about short vs long-term gain is valid.  Arguing that skelingtons are monotinous is kind of jesting at the stereotypes and reality of being a necromantic force in a graveyard, but fairly valid.

Y U no choose fairy forest if monotony gets you down?
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 57