Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11

Author Topic: Universal Menagerie (~/5)  (Read 7073 times)

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
Re: Universal Menagerie (~/5)
« Reply #45 on: July 02, 2015, 12:10:48 am »

Rro exits the ship, relieved to be out of the cramped up space of the ship. He addresses his companions that started gathering up outside:
You see Captain? Where are we now?

he looks around, trying to recognize the space station and looking out for locals

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 02, 2015, 12:10:54 am »

DD was watching almost every room in the ship simultaneously, using the many cameras available aboard the ship. He had censored out the crew member's cabins, however, for decency. What a funny notion, decency. He played with the idea for a while.

His 'body' was sitting in a room, with many wires strapped to it, from head to toe. Glowing lights ran up the lines and patterns across the metal. DD loaded some of himself onto it, feeling some of his thinking processes rip themselves away from him after he finished backing up himself. He stepped towards the exit, his heavy boots tapping on the deck.

Clang, clang, clang.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 02, 2015, 12:19:01 am »

Firewatch tapped the side of her cap for visual effect/warning. She could release the pheromone-carrying microscopic spores at will, but she found that her crewmates preferred to know when she was doing it. After a moment a pleasant sort of soothing aroma, almost like lavender but not quite, started drifting through the area. "Feel better?" she asked, turning to greet Rro with the same exaggerated wave she had given Letitia. "Captain, no. Only metal human and furry. Want to help find... job?" Fire turned back to Letitia. "We find job?" she said, both asking if that's what the doctor wanted to do and if she wanted Firewatch to go with her if so.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 02, 2015, 12:22:31 am »

DD puts his finger to his head. RUNNING THOUGHT SIMULATION PROGRAM.

GREETINGS, CREW MEMBERS.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 02, 2015, 12:26:59 am »

"Yes, I do. Thank you."
Letitia nods to Firewatch's question, as well.
"Hello, DD."
Black lives matter.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 02, 2015, 12:28:16 am »

IS THERE ANYTHING YOU NEED?

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 02, 2015, 12:29:46 am »

Job? Hum... I go to many places like this, but they all look same.
I think there be place here we i could fight for prizes and fame. Fame is good, fame gives jobs.

Turning to DD:
Greeting, most inedible companion

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 02, 2015, 12:29:46 am »

Swee strode out of engineering, a revolting caricature of a smile literally splitting his face as he made his way out towards the ship's dock. The station of Melona, a cesspit of scum and villainy, a hive of lawlessness and despair, a living example of the nihilistic infection that plagued the starways. Swee couldn't wait to get out and breathe the air, taste the rot with his skin, perhaps rescue a prostitute with a heart of gold from a corrupted lawman. THIS was the kind of place that the Lion should make their regular port. With a strong will, a couple good speeches from the city-station's heart, and a few bolts of searing plasma into the heart of villainy, this town could be theirs.

Swee strode out onto the docks, his metal and flesh grin only growing (literally) as he surveyed the scene before him. Some of his companions were already here, all the better to sally forth alongside him."Oh ho! It would seem I am not the first to set foot upon these vile docks," Swee said, attempting to put a twisted hand on the shoulders of Firewatch and Letitia. Finding himself too short to reach in his current form he settled for pointing off towards the station instead. "Behold! We are its salvation, and it is our salvation. For coin and glory we shall purge the villainous scum from streets, reclaiming the birthright of our people and restoring the Swarhl-ian throne!" Optimism practically poured from Swee's too-wide mouth as he spoke. It wasn't a perfect adaptation of Stormkiller's speech before the battle of the Iron Star, but it was fair enough.  He slapped both Firewatch and Letitia in the middle of the back (the highest spot he could reach) before continuing. "Come now, my stalwart companions, shall we not depart and begin interrogating scum like that man," Swee jabbed a misshapen finger at a passing humanoid for emphasis, not really caring as to the gender, "or shall we remain here to contemplate our good fortune awhile before we set forth?"
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 02, 2015, 12:31:33 am »

"I was... waiting for everyone else, to go onto the station and find a job for us."
And then Swee gives his little speech.
"We're... we're not actually going to do that, correct? I hadn't planned murder in the schedule."
Black lives matter.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 02, 2015, 12:34:08 am »

AFFIRMATIVE, MR. SWEE. AM I SUPPOSED TO TAKE THAT LITERALLY?

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 02, 2015, 12:35:12 am »

Feliciti stretches as she walks off the ship. As much as she loves that bridge, she still got antsy being in tight spaces for too long. "What are we up to, meow? Someone gonna get us a mew job, nyeh?" She thinks for a moment and stretches again, popping her joints. "This cat nyeeds a quick jog. Any of mew wanna come with me to the rec ring?"

((By the way, I think it would be cool if we did the ship AI thing like in Killjoys. If you haven't seen the show, the ship AI in it can't really do much besides process verbal and manual commands, and provide snarky feedback in a monotone computer voice. Also goddamnit everyone stop posting so fast! I can't get a word in edgewise!))

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 02, 2015, 12:37:04 am »

"I was... waiting for everyone else, to go onto the station and find a job for us."
And then Swee gives his little speech.
"We're... we're not actually going to do that, correct? I hadn't planned murder in the schedule."
I don't like schedules either

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 02, 2015, 12:38:51 am »

CURRENTLY PROCESSING NO JOB. AM AVAILABLE FOR ACCOMPANIMENT.

DD says to Feliciti.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 02, 2015, 12:39:01 am »

((NEVER))
"Maybe later, Feliciti. Firewatch and I - and I guess Swee, too - were going to get a job, yes."
Black lives matter.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 02, 2015, 12:39:42 am »

"Murder? Heavens no, we won't murder anyone. We may have to purge a few undesirables and perhaps execute a few families before the crime bosses trust us enough to grant us access to their inner circles, but it's not called murder when we do it," Swee explained slowly, as though trying to point out the blindingly obvious. "Besides, I may have a plan..."

Swee turned his grin, now a semi-circle almost 75% of the radius of his 'head', to DD. "A moment before we begin interrogation, we must first achieve consensus! We are no better than these villains if we go taking things literally all willy-nilly!"
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11