Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11

Author Topic: Universal Menagerie (~/5)  (Read 7057 times)

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Universal Menagerie (~/5)
« Reply #60 on: July 02, 2015, 12:40:44 am »

YES SIR.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 02, 2015, 12:43:01 am »

"I'm absolutely certain it's still murder when we do it, Swee."
Black lives matter.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 02, 2015, 12:47:37 am »

Swee blinked, looking as incredulous as though someone were insisting that space was solid or that engines were soulless hunks of ugly metal. "I dare say that you're rather inexperienced at this sort of thing, aren't you? Murder is something that bad people do, it's a crime. We're the good people, what we do isn't a crime. If someone commits murder and is jailed for it, then clearly they were in the wrong and should faced justice. We, on the other hand, would almost surely be the victim of a terrible conspiracy if we were to be jailed for any killings we might need to perpetrate on our quest for glory." Swee shrugged. "It's okay to be a little green, but try not be so arrogant about it."
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 02, 2015, 12:49:09 am »

"Murder? Heavens no, we won't murder anyone. We may have to purge a few undesirables and perhaps execute a few families before the crime bosses trust us enough to grant us access to their inner circles, but it's not called murder when we do it," Swee explained slowly, as though trying to point out the blindingly obvious. "Besides, I may have a plan..."

Swee turned his grin, now a semi-circle almost 75% of the radius of his 'head', to DD. "A moment before we begin interrogation, we must first achieve consensus! We are no better than these villains if we go taking things literally all willy-nilly!"
you use many words, are you saying we are not better than that guy? Maybe you think that because you are so small. I could beat him for you, if it make you feel more secure.
"I'm absolutely certain it's still murder when we do it, Swee."
"It is only murder if you don't brag about it"
Rro said, as if reciting a lesson somebody taught him long before

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 02, 2015, 12:51:45 am »

Letitia is silent for a moment.
"If you're so sure, you two, I'll take your word for it."
Black lives matter.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 02, 2015, 12:52:52 am »

Feliciti goes to the rec ring; A sort of park area with mostly real plant life and the only place on the station she can run around looking like a large panther without anyone freaking out.
Although Nekomata are widely aqccepted in pan-galactic society, it still usually freaks people out when they're out shopping and they see what looks to be a large carnivore running up to them.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 09:11:28 am by AlleeCat »

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 02, 2015, 12:53:52 am »

((*Nekomata. :P))
Black lives matter.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #67 on: July 02, 2015, 12:56:18 am »

James woke steadily from his nap and stretched. He wiggled out of his sleeping bag and pulled a small hand mirror from his pocket, held it just so, and let it float. He pushed his mop of dark brown head hair up out of his eyes, his eyes still squinted from sleep, and pulled a hair tie from his wrist before tying his hair into the short top knot he typically wore when in microgravity. He pulled a few silly faces, blinked, then stuffed the mirror pack into his pocket. He made sure his guns were all snapped in their holsters, then undogged the hatch and kicked his way out of his room and through the corridors, passing by the galley as he went. He didn't slow down even when he flew into the room, snatched a packet of soy food from an open cupboard, and kick his way back into the hallway just as quickly as he entered. Hi Kelly! Thanks Kelly! We're going out, see you later Kelly!

James came through the airlock and drifted towards the group, gathered as they were outside the ship. He was moving towards them at a rate of about 2 centimeters per second. He was like a falling soap bubble.

Good morning everyone! Did those of us who rest all have a good rest? I sure did.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 02, 2015, 01:01:48 am »

"No, no, my dear respected and very large Rol, we are far superior to any of the corrupted scum that walk these docks. They are at best villains, and more likely they're bit part lackeys without the wherewithal to stand up to more than a single well placed stroke. We are vastly superior, but I may have need of your offer of violence for the beginnings of my plan."

Swee gave his best impression of a hearty laugh and positively beamed at Rol when the creature gave his own philosophy on murder. "That's the spirit! Only the worst of deeds are done in darkness. If we are to give our actions to the light, what evil can be within them?"

Swee saluted enthusiastically when the captain arrived, but couldn't find an appropriate reply considering that he didn't really sleep.

((How is the artificial gravity here? We can be well sure this isn't Hard-Sci, so is there magical gravity, sci-fi gravity, hard-sci gravity, or are we in null right now?))
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 02, 2015, 01:03:45 am »

Hello, yes, I rested a good rest too. We were just about to begin abusing the local folk to prove that we are better than them, you want to join?

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 02, 2015, 01:06:37 am »

"I wouldn't use the phrase abuse so much as question, and the first step of my plan is to do so in order to reveal their drug supplier, not merely display our obvious superiority, but he has the gist of the matter, Swee said, nodding along.
---

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 02, 2015, 01:14:14 am »

((This was so innocent five minutes ago and now we're going to murder people.))
Black lives matter.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #72 on: July 02, 2015, 01:21:45 am »

James saluted Swee back. He loved it when he did that.

Don't worry guys, as always, I have a plan:

So Kelly's going to stay with the ship... Haha, sorry, couldn't help myself. Looks like the kitty isn't around; that figures. I guess she'll just have to sit this one out. Again.

Swee, I want you to see what kind of sweet loot this place has got. Maybe there's some sick, repurposable junk lying around that we could use. We're all out of spare parts and I don't want the ship breaking down in transit; I plan to get us some steady work moving legit cargo so we have a cover for the under-the-table stuff. And if you do kill some drug dealers while you go about the task, try not to leave a mess that people will find. We can't afford any fines or jail time right now, OK?

Rro, you're with me as always pal. I need your skill with tongues.
He said that last part with a straight face, knowing the big guy probably wouldn't get it. We're gonna go check out the bars, see if there's any legit work I can come up with.

Firewatch, you'll be useful for charming organics. You come along with me and Rro on this one.

DD, you can go with me, Firewatch, and Rro, or you can go with Swee. You've been useful in business deals in the past, and your body means you can handle your own in a scrap. It's up to you.

Doc, you should go find Felicity and tell her what we're doing. When she's done doing whatever she's doing, both of you head back to the ship and wait for us. The rest of us are going to handle the rough stuff. Try not to get into too much trouble.

We'll meet back here in six hours. Sounds good, everyone?

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 02, 2015, 01:24:36 am »

"Why don't Feliciti and I meet you, Firewatch and Rro wherever you're going?"
Black lives matter.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #74 on: July 02, 2015, 01:29:35 am »

I don't know where I'm going yet. We're just going to explore. Besides, I think three is plenty people for a business discussion. You guys could maybe try looking for work on your own.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11