Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

In absence of a poll, have some handy links!

Also, feedback on the pace, content, and other stuff would be appreciated!
- 2 (100%)
Character sheets! Don't forget to keep these up to date!
- 0 (0%)
Map!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 189

Author Topic: Forumites RPG - Round 2: Elimination! (Wheel of misfortune)  (Read 112293 times)

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
Re: Forumites RPG - Time to count loot and move on
« Reply #1995 on: August 04, 2015, 02:59:06 am »

Likewise get down thar. Smallish drop anyway.
thincake

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #1996 on: August 04, 2015, 03:02:27 am »

((I think I either missed the note on 'where does the door enter', or its irrelevant to the puzzle-facing, or...you missed my OOC xD))
The doorway is 3 meters above the scene, in the center of the wall behind the balsa statues.
((I'm the GM for this room. Didn't miss your OOC.))

Noting it's at least somewhat safe, Tea turns his back to the doorway, crouches, grabs the threshold with his hands, and lets the rest of his body fall down. Now that the drop is less than a meter, he lets go and lands on his feet.

Get down thar. Read them rules! Also inspect smoothness of balsa wood because of aesthetic finery...mmm aesthetics.
There is no obvious rules text anywhere. The balsa wood is very, very smooth, almost lifelike. Gently knocking on it, you notice it sounds hollow.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 03:06:55 am by IcyTea31 »
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1997 on: August 04, 2015, 07:13:22 am »

"Hollowed interior. I find it a strange but intriguing game though. All pieces are forward one rank. I'll be using chess terms. Rank and file. Or row & column, respectively, if anyone else wants."

The engraved wooden walls of the hangman room seem to continue into here, though now they seem to depict battles, and figures staring at tables, rather than animals. The room's floor seems to be divided into an eight-by-eight grid of black and white square tiles with each side about 3 meters.

"Le'see here."

On some white (black on Darkling) tiles, there are wooden statues.

There are 16 statues in all.
Half of the statues (marked X) are made from ebony and depict different evil-looking things.
Here's a giant serpent, ready to strike, there's a warrior in spiked armour armed with a huge axe.

The other half (marked O) are made from balsa wood, and depict heroic-looking knights in full plate mail and with different weapons.
Code: [Select]
■□■□■□■□
X■X■X■X■
■X■X■X■X
□■□■□■□■
■□■□■□■□
O■O■O■O■
■O■O■O■O
□■□■□■□■

"I've always loved chess and the like. I'll try something. Sorry Kevak, I should return your staff."

Prod le 'black' square (highlighted in red) with staff.
■□■□■□■□
X■X■X■X■
■X■X■X■X
□■□■□■□■
■□■□■□■□
O■O■O■O■
■O■O■O■O
□■□■□■

((tt code is a good substitute))
Code: [Select]
[tt] Many Stuff! [tt]((On that note, since I use Darkling...I'd love to imagine I'm seeing black and white differently in the station. XD))
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 07:16:02 am by Tiruin »

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1998 on: August 04, 2015, 07:53:27 am »

Prod le 'black' square (highlighted in red) with staff.
Nothing seems to happen. It looks and sounds like solid rock.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1999 on: August 04, 2015, 10:00:04 am »

Tiruin stretched and relaxed her arms.

"Well, I'll test this. Knight to E4 time."

Proceed to first rank of knightly-wooded entities. Stand alongside them. Get a feel of the situation. If nothing significant occurs, proceed onto the second rank [3rd row] and do the same.

Gaze on the writings on the walls/ceiling(?) along the way. Stop if I get insight.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2000 on: August 04, 2015, 10:48:32 am »

Standing in the rows of heroic knights feels awesome, facing such dangerous monsters fearlessly, but that's probably not magic, and just your imagination. Nothing seems to actually happen.

"Hm, you said they're hollow, made of balsa wood? They're probably light enough to move around for whatever game they're for. Assuming they're not nailed down, that is."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2001 on: August 04, 2015, 10:57:54 am »

"...Oh. Oh well nothing trapped here. I guess you all will be the onlookers while I'll just move everything. That works. No really--you guys do this. I'm more than happy to hug around the armored folk."

Spoiler: Action (click to show/hide)

"If Hugo's idea of danger sense is right, I'd at least get a very vague feeling if I try to do something somewhat dangerous. It's like intuition! I'll be unsure how many steps that is until the real danger. Anyway...has anyone tried moving a piece on a square not in its current diagonal? I'll try moving the pieces to the white (black in darkling) tiles later on."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #2002 on: August 04, 2015, 10:59:24 am »

"Should someone try the other end?" Twinwolf says, getting down to the room below.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2003 on: August 04, 2015, 11:02:51 am »

After your move, one of the ebony statues sparks to life. The enraged bear walks to another square, before becoming as inanimate it was.

■□■□■□■□
X■X■X■X■
■□■X■X■X
X■□■□■□■
■□■□■□■O
O■O■O■□■
■O■O■O■O
□■□■□■□■

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2004 on: August 04, 2015, 11:06:31 am »

"Should someone try the other end?" Twinwolf says, getting down to the room below.
((Did Icy detail the other door? :P Or is the only door to this room being the one we came in and we're seeing just a room?

Also...))
On one battle-engraving, you see a flipped table with a black-and-white grid on it.
((Flipped = I_I ...flipped over?))

"I wonder what's the logic of this room? I'll try the basic checkers idea, everyone."
Look around for any clues as to the players of this game and any detection towards the theme or playstyle.
Also, any difference between the first rank of armor and the second, frontal rank of armor? Weapons...designs...?

■□■□■□■□
X■X■X■X■
■□■X■X■X
X■□■□■□■
■□■□■O
O■O■O■□■
■O■O■O■O
□■□■□■□■

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2005 on: August 04, 2015, 11:12:50 am »

((I think flipped as in flipping the table when you lose))
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2006 on: August 04, 2015, 11:19:36 am »

((Did Icy detail the other door?))
You can't see any obvious other exits from the room.

((Like this: (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ))

Look around for any clues as to the players of this game and any detection towards the theme or playstyle.
Also, any difference between the first rank of armor and the second, frontal rank of armor? Weapons...designs...?

Every statue is unique. Each has a different weapon and coat of arms, and minor differences in armour design, but it is all plate armour and face-concealing helmets.

■□■□■□■□
X■X■X■X■
■□■X■□■X
X■□■X■□■
■O■□■□■O
□■O■O■□■
■O■O■O■O
□■□■□■□■

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2007 on: August 04, 2015, 11:32:09 am »

((Like this: (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ))
((So: "On one battle-engraving, you see a flipped table with a black-and-white grid on it." = the grid can be seen from under the table too?"))

"I will test parameters of presumed engagement. The rest of you--try to explore the other rooms given the lack of an evident doorway in here. I'm...sure the rest of you who are taller than me can easily climb out. I think someone mentioned about a forest and a spider...place?"

((Apologies if this game is too speedy for some. I haven't heard from a few folk. Aoshima, SeriousConcentrate, RangerCado, etc...))

■□■□■□■□
X■X■X■X■
■□■X■□■X
X■□■X■□■
O■□■□■O
■O■O■□■
O■O■O■O
□■□■□■□■

Do the orange move [orange -> red]
If nothing significant occurs, do the lime green -> teal.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 11:33:48 am by Tiruin »

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2008 on: August 04, 2015, 11:43:32 am »

First move: The statue moves easily to the corner of the square it is on, but won't budge further in that direction.

Second move:

■□■□■□■□
□■X■X■X■
X■X■□■X
X■□■X■□■
■O■□■□■O
O■O■O■□■
■□■O■O■O
□■□■□■□■

((I could (and probably should) slow down a little, if other people want to give strategic advice or whatever. I'll wait until tomorrow for the next update.))

"I'm really not a very good climber. Beyond that, I've got a bit of a bad feeling about this, so maybe it's best we don't leave you alone here."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2009 on: August 04, 2015, 11:48:50 am »

Tiruin hands over her bow and quiver to Twinwolf (with a subtle, nervous pat on her hand) as she decides to usher in the next note.

"I think I can best this if the opponent was a human player. That's assuming a lot out of orthodox...checkers though. Here's my plan."

■□■□■□■□
□■X■X■X■
■X■X■□■X
X■□■X■
■O■□■□■O
O■O■O■□■
■□■O■O■O
□■□■□■□■

"Now I'm assuming that the opponent can't hear me anyway. Can anyone else be creative here? I'm thinking too...anchored to do otherwise. Also, hugging and hauling these pieces leaves me with an understanding and appreciation of fine woodwork. Up close, you can see all those minute details"

She noticed a second after how her words could be taken.

"Uh, ignore my 'anyone else be creative' part. I meant something like this is a puzzle and I'm too focused on what we usually assume to try anything else. Nothing else assumed. Sorry. I'm tired now. But this is fun."
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 11:53:22 am by Tiruin »
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 189