Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

In absence of a poll, have some handy links!

Also, feedback on the pace, content, and other stuff would be appreciated!
- 2 (100%)
Character sheets! Don't forget to keep these up to date!
- 0 (0%)
Map!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 189

Author Topic: Forumites RPG - Round 2: Elimination! (Wheel of misfortune)  (Read 112311 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: Forumites RPG - Time to count loot and move on
« Reply #1965 on: August 03, 2015, 06:55:06 pm »

Twinwolf follows people into the room. "Chess."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #1966 on: August 03, 2015, 07:09:50 pm »

(I know I'm probably being too uptight but there's gotta be justification to following IcyTea, who stormed off. The whole group didn't just up and move, though OOC I get the feeling we should. But, IC.)

"Excuse me, er, Tech. I'm gonna go check on the guy that stormed off." HugoLuman steps out of the water and back into the puzzle room, barefoot, then takes a look at the tiles before deliberately stepping on one of the marked bad ones. After sliding out the chute on the other side (and making a rather undignified scream as he fell into the pit), HugoLuman takes a moment to calm his heartbeat before going back into the hangman room. The first thing he sees is IcyTea staring into a newly opened room, with no way to the floor other than a 10ft drop. "Uh..."

The second thing he sees, looking around more, is FallacyOfUrist. "Oh jeez."
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1967 on: August 03, 2015, 07:11:06 pm »

((I probably would have followed him, thinking that being alone in a place like this is suicide.))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1968 on: August 03, 2015, 07:13:56 pm »

"It's fine. Well, I'm missing my color vision. But it's mostly fine."

Fallacy stands and takes a look out the door to the new room.

"In my opinion, it looks like some kind of strategy game. Not necessarily chess, but most likely a strategy game."

"Er... how bad do I look?"

A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1969 on: August 03, 2015, 07:16:19 pm »

"Fallacy? You look like a humanoid raccoon."
Sigtext!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1970 on: August 03, 2015, 07:21:08 pm »

"Um. Pretty bad. Though your face looks like it might still be a professional movie-makeup job rather than an actual raccoon at least. Maybe. I should have warned you about the computer more..."

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1971 on: August 03, 2015, 07:43:17 pm »

"Raccoon. Huh. Figures. Eh, it's not your fault. I figured I could have used the computer to acquire some dragon parts to make combat a viable strategy. It turns out that requires "clearance". I reasoned that playing the game could boost my clearance. If it did boost my clearance, I don't think it was worth it. By the way, the computer lies about the difficulty. The only reason I'm not a full raccoon right now is Arc, who figured out that the answer was "rhapsody". Is that even a word?"

Fallacy doesn't quite look happy right now. Grim, more like.

"There's something else interesting about the computer- two things, actually, that I think you might want to know. One, when I inputted "show clearance", it output my real name. And two, when I input "Time Lord", it said something about a "possible unstable meta-crisis". I don't think those bits of knowledge are worth much, though."

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1972 on: August 03, 2015, 07:45:48 pm »

"You sure that it means difficulty of the word? Seems kind of stupid for it to lie about difficulty."
Sigtext!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1973 on: August 03, 2015, 08:30:38 pm »

"Looks like everyone's moving on. Second point back there--everyone must pretty much move on with the designated authority of party leader to waste little time in places we know less about. That said, I still wonder how I'm a scalding ray of sunshine here. Honest question."

...Isn't scalding used for hot water or liquid instead of a prismatic light?

"Also if nobody's moving given the...strange time lapse I feel we're having somehow, I'll bring you all where the nordic gentleman went."

Tiruin checks the room and ushers the rest of the people to move--following IcyTea's direction, unless they're busy doing otherwise.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1974 on: August 03, 2015, 08:33:08 pm »

"I chose the Play Again option, then selected Low. It very well could have meant something else, but difficulty made the most sense."

technicallyAdventurer

• Bay Watcher
  • Denizen of Above User in a Nutshell.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1975 on: August 03, 2015, 08:37:09 pm »

"I honestly didn't mean anything by it, except for how you're so nice all the time. At least, from what I'd seen on the forums." Tech commented, following Tiruin's lead.
Although rare in most lands, the technicallyAdventurer is a common sight in the User Above You threads.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1976 on: August 03, 2015, 08:50:39 pm »

"If I remember correctly, meta-crisis was a thing in Doctor Who that meant you can't have human-timelords?" The others enter. "Oh hey, um. Looks like chess. Or something. And, um, you can see here what happens when you mess with that computer. Sorry, Fallacy..."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1977 on: August 03, 2015, 08:54:33 pm »

"Oh! Ok, I was...uhh, wondering instead about its terminology. Sorry. I take things literally and then apply a dubious amount of physics onto the ideas."

She nodded at the rest of the commentary--the forums was a place where anyone could be who they are; she decided to be herself there.

"So, what's your first impression about this place? Ever tried getting off the station to continue up the rails? I saw its an open path from when I disembarked. But then I decided to check out this place instead. Ever had the thought cross your mind?"

Now at the room, Tiruin surveyed the 'chess'.
"I love chess. Dad taught me everything (even after I began winning against him). M' very thankful for that kind of teacher."
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"...8 by 8 configuration. I don't think this is chess--an analogy of it or its mechanics, maybe."

((Which side does the door enter? Or is the whole scene 3 meters below our ledge that we're all overlooking it?))

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1978 on: August 03, 2015, 09:00:53 pm »

"Um... no, we hadn't tried walking up the rails. Sounds like a good way to get hit by a train though. Um... doesn't look like chess, now that you mention it."

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1979 on: August 03, 2015, 09:02:06 pm »

"No offense taken. Now then..."

Fallacy examines the "chess" pieces thoroughly.

"It's most likely a strategy game, one that activates when someone jumps off that ledge. However, there's another, more disturbing possibility. What if anyone who jumps down becomes one of the pieces in the game?"

Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 189