Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

In absence of a poll, have some handy links!

Also, feedback on the pace, content, and other stuff would be appreciated!
- 2 (100%)
Character sheets! Don't forget to keep these up to date!
- 0 (0%)
Map!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 189

Author Topic: Forumites RPG - Round 2: Elimination! (Wheel of misfortune)  (Read 112536 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: Forumites RPG - Getting our feet wet
« Reply #1530 on: July 18, 2015, 01:50:53 pm »

Twinwolf stabs at the Combine, trying to get it off HugoLuman.
(BTW, you gonna use your blade arm ability?)
The knife punctures the uniform easily, but doesn't seem to hit anything within, probably passing between ribs.

"Damn it." Armach moves over to Hugo and tries to pull the Combine guy off of him. 
The headless Combie is rather too close for comfort, but HugoLuman manages to kick it back as Armach comes to assist, and with him pulling against the grip one way, and Armach pulling the other, they feel something give way in the Combine's shoulders and its arms fall limp at its sides. It also feels like the padded uniform fits very loosely over whatever's underneath.

Tiruin lets an arrow loose at the legs of one of the foes before trying her best to wade to the middle, though away from the general battle.

"There's something controlling them--hit the receiver, the one where we first heard the radio noises from!"

She wondered if the banner had any relation to it, or if they were just...puppets.
The arrow strikes the leg near the knee, but doesn't seem to have stuck in anything other than the pants, as it flaps about with them as the combine moves

McDonald, so far silently watching from ruins, runs in with a battle cry and drop kicks the second Combine.
This proves somewhat more effective, causing both you and the combine to fall flat on your backs beneath the surface of the water with a big splash! The sudden clammy water all over you and mud on your back is a bit of a shock, but you're pretty sure you felt something break when your kick landed.

Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: July 18, 2015, 01:54:43 pm »

((Not in this situation. To easy to stab all the way through and into you, which I imagine would be less then pleasant.))
More stabs. Try to aim at the arm muscles. Even a zombie shouldn't be able to keep strength in it's arms if the muscles allowing it to do so are destroyed.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: July 18, 2015, 01:54:51 pm »

Aoshi makes his illusion to slash legs of the combine that rised to meet it.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: July 18, 2015, 02:07:57 pm »

((Not in this situation. To easy to stab all the way through and into you, which I imagine would be less then pleasant.))
More stabs. Try to aim at the arm muscles. Even a zombie shouldn't be able to keep strength in it's arms if the muscles allowing it to do so are destroyed.
You stab the combine as Armach holds it, but it doesn't feel like the knife is hitting anything under the clothes, aside from nicking the bone a few times.

Aoshi makes his illusion to slash legs of the combine that rised to meet it.
(This is the same one that Tiruin shot and just got dropkicked.)
It seems to be having some difficulty rising back up out of the water, but also seems to pay no attention to the illusory sword passing through it.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: July 18, 2015, 02:09:02 pm »

Stab it in the neck, where the head should be attached.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

McDonald

• Bay Watcher
  • Passwords get hidden, who knew? ••••••••
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: July 18, 2015, 02:11:14 pm »

McDonald gets up, shakes some water off, and starts stomping on the combine's knee, trying to break it.
I'm with stupid |
                      v

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: July 18, 2015, 02:34:03 pm »

Stab it in the neck, where the head should be attached.
It's a bit hard to stab properly through the gorget with the work knife, but with Armach holding the thing down, it's not too hard to work the point through and move it around until you feel it scrape the neck bone. You press the knife until you feel something give, but this doesn't seem to stop it from resisting Armach's hold.

The other one has recovered from Hugo's kick and is advancing again, but he swings his axe with both hands at its leg, and with a crunch! it falls to the ground, though continues to crawl.

McDonald gets up, shakes some water off, and starts stomping on the combine's knee, trying to break it.
Crunch!
It seems even more unable to get up. It emits a radio-chatter sounding roar as it flails its arms at you regardless.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: July 18, 2015, 02:36:54 pm »

Tea speaks quietly in a low tone (whispering is for chumps) to Tiruin: "Tell them to try dismembering the 'militiamen' completely. Maybe they're just animated armours or something. I'll go do my thing."

He lowers his profile and moves aside to hide and prepare for a Stealth Shot, as soon as it's figured where it'd be best to shoot.

((Ninja'd.))
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

armach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: July 18, 2015, 02:43:03 pm »

"They're skeletons!" Armach yells out as he puts the pieces together. He then slams the skeletal warrior into the ground face first, and bashes it at the base of the neck and other joints with his cleaver.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 02:53:28 pm by armach »

McDonald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: July 18, 2015, 03:01:19 pm »

"Too spooky!" McDonald chuckles and goads the combine into following him, so Hugo has an easy shot.
I'm with stupid |
                      v

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: July 18, 2015, 03:04:12 pm »

"They're skeletons!" Armach yells out as he puts the pieces together. He then slams the skeletal warrior into the ground face first, and bashes it at the base of the neck and other joints with his cleaver.
The padded uniform (though in poor condition) and the gorget resist the cleaver strikes somewhat, but after after a few whacks around the arm you hear bone breaking.

HugoLuman repeatedly stomps on the one he knocked over, and after several blows to the torso, it stops moving.

"Too spooky!" McDonald chuckles and goads the combine into following him, so Hugo IcyTea has an easy shot.
The one you downed seems unable to get back up, or even turn around where it lies in the water, sitting halfway up and thrashing around at you and the illusory swordsman.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: July 18, 2015, 03:07:13 pm »

Aoshi snorts to ineffectiveness of his illusion. He unsheathes his katana and drops its sheath into puzzle room. He then moves into the new droom and bashes shoulder joints of the dropkicked skeletal thing via overhead slash.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: July 18, 2015, 03:08:51 pm »

"Long as there's no headcrabs, I'm fine."
Adragis, rolling up his trousers, and stuffing his shoes and socks into his bag, which is now somewhat straining to keep everything inside, charges forward into the room and tries to get the nearest skeleton with an overhead swing. What an idiot.
thincake

McDonald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: July 18, 2015, 03:11:54 pm »

McDonald stays out of the skeleton's reach, and waits for Aoshi to finish it.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 03:14:16 pm by McDonald »
I'm with stupid |
                      v

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: July 18, 2015, 03:25:12 pm »

Aoshi snorts to ineffectiveness of his illusion. He unsheathes his katana and drops its sheath into puzzle room. He then moves into the new droom and bashes shoulder joints of the dropkicked skeletal thing via overhead slash.
"Long as there's no headcrabs, I'm fine."
Adragis, rolling up his trousers, and stuffing his shoes and socks into his bag, which is now somewhat straining to keep everything inside, charges forward into the room and tries to get the nearest skeleton with an overhead swing. What an idiot.
(I should point out the sharpness potion that Arc found and Adragis is currently holding onto)
The unsharpened katana is not very effective, but the overhead strike with the pole cracks a few ribs. Repeated bashing eventually results in the combine ceasing motion.

HugoLuman turns his attention to the other one on the island, and with the combined efforts of himself, Armach, and Twinwolf, it soon seems quite dead. HugoLuman is breathing slightly heavily after this. "Is that all of them?"
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 189