Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

In absence of a poll, have some handy links!

Also, feedback on the pace, content, and other stuff would be appreciated!
- 2 (100%)
Character sheets! Don't forget to keep these up to date!
- 0 (0%)
Map!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 189

Author Topic: Forumites RPG - Round 2: Elimination! (Wheel of misfortune)  (Read 112537 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Forumites RPG - Getting our feet wet
« Reply #1515 on: July 18, 2015, 05:36:14 am »

Nodding at Aoshi, whom she didn't know, Tiruin added to the idea. She raised her voice to be easily heard: "We mean no harm! If you can understand us--stop in your tracks; medical services will be rendered shortly. Please do not attack us."

Tiruin aimed her bow at the sluggish entity in front of her. Having known Half Life 2 from what others' say, she moved her head in the tiniest of shakes in trying to understand the situation. While she did empathize with the Combine Metrocops--given that most were just employed because of better basic necessities, it was a common theme used by colonial forces. A truly unethical theme, but she couldn't shake off the disparity of such a semblance appearing right in front of her.

Taking a snippet to mind, she quipped at her team.
"You all are very savvy with the current game trends, huh. What's the trend on diplomacy?"

Examine water as well as watching the entity.

((Pick up that can, Adragis? :P What I know is that they really aren't combine. Just recruits from the local population in-lore.))

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: July 18, 2015, 05:48:56 am »

"Depends heavily on the game. Usually though. You have to punch it in the snout to establish dominance."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: July 18, 2015, 07:09:11 am »

Twinwolf has been following the group and is also on the small island. "I've never played Half-Life, what do I have to watch out for?" she says, knife in her hand.

((Curse my need to sleep))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: July 18, 2015, 07:30:31 am »

Tea draws a bead on the militiaman's head, ready to shoot if this comes to blows.

"I've got you covered, y'all."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: July 18, 2015, 07:35:25 am »

Twinwolf has been following the group and is also on the small island. "I've never played Half-Life, what do I have to watch out for?" she says, knife in her hand.

((Curse my need to sleep))
"Demonic crab things that leap onto you, strip the flesh from your skull, horribly mutate you, hijack your body, and leave you completely conscious and in absolute horrific pain indefinitely until the controlling crab is killed."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: July 18, 2015, 07:36:39 am »

Twin noticeably takes multiple steps away from the water.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: July 18, 2015, 09:11:51 am »

"In which Kevak is partly true but also untrue here. They need velocity to attack--and that's only achieved by passageway through air. You are safe because the floor is covered in leg high water (kneehigh for me). They cannot propel themselves to attack you that way because their method of attack is using spring-y legs."

Tiruin gave Kevak a :I face.

"Chill girl.  ...Who is taller than me. I think of all people taller than me as older than me. ...Lightening up the mood here. Nothing bad will happen. Also seems like the RPG fans are going haywire with the lore. There's no headcrabs."

She describes the entity moving towards them slowly in quick, rapid wordplay, all the while pointing at various points using very concise words.
It seems to be wearing a padded grey and black uniform, rather modern-looking, with some kind of white gas-mask looking headgear. It all looks rather ragged, with plenty of tears and mud-stains, and a big gash on the mask. The walkie-talkie-moan comes again.
"Think: Jumping Spider Parasite. That guy's all worn on every side. Thus we are very sure that this is none of that added lore here. That and I can just shoot the thing with my arrows. Anytime. Like when it replies to my order."

((Totally fun waiting for the GM now. But he's asleep D: Since most of you are in the European/American timezone! :I Lucky folks.))
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 09:20:44 am by Tiruin »

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: July 18, 2015, 09:44:31 am »

"Err Tir. A common ambush tactic of headcrabs ingame is leaping from concealed positions in bodies of water. They swim. Very well."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: July 18, 2015, 10:25:49 am »

"Not considering this height--if they're fully submerged, then there is no chance that they will be able to propel themselves out of the water to five plus feet in height over a few meters in distance. Problem is that we are unsure of the terrain, and the mud would also deter any such events. That said, let's all just pay attention. No use speculating what may not be present--though we can save that for our pasttimes!"

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: July 18, 2015, 11:35:27 am »

Fallacy overhears some of the dialogue from the watery room.

"Yeah... no."

Fallacy backs away from the door.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: July 18, 2015, 12:37:40 pm »

(So, I'll just assume that Twinwolf retroactively followed Armach and I to the little island, and everyone else is still near the door.)

"Yeah, I'd prefer diplomacy, but I'm loosing confidence here."

As Aoshi's illusory swordsman wades towards the island, another worn, waterlogged combine rises up in front of it.

HugoLuman, standing on the edge of the island, prepares to repel the advancing combine, but suddenly he feels something behind him. Danger! He whirls around as another combine bursts up out of the water. This one is rather more tattered, and seems to be missing its head entirely. Those on the island could see bones beneath the holes in the uniform. He only has a second to see this, though, as he feels more impending danger! behind him, but is too slow to react this time. The first combine lunges forward and grapples him, wrapping its arms around his chest to constrain his arms. "GAH!"
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: July 18, 2015, 12:40:05 pm »

Twinwolf stabs at the Combine, trying to get it off HugoLuman.
Sigtext!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: July 18, 2015, 12:42:11 pm »

Tiruin lets an arrow loose at the legs of one of the foes before trying her best to wade to the middle, though away from the general battle.

"There's something controlling them--hit the receiver, the one where we first heard the radio noises from!"

She wondered if the banner had any relation to it, or if they were just...puppets.

McDonald

• Bay Watcher
  • Passwords get hidden, who knew? ••••••••
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: July 18, 2015, 12:46:13 pm »

McDonald, so far silently watching from ruins, runs in with a battle cry and drop kicks the second Combine.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 12:50:33 pm by McDonald »
I'm with stupid |
                      v

armach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: July 18, 2015, 01:08:29 pm »

"Damn it." Armach moves over to Hugo and tries to pull the Combine guy off of him. 
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 189