Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 20

Author Topic: Darkness Redeemed: Multiplayer RPG (7/7)  (Read 23011 times)

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
Re: Darkness Redeemed: Multiplayer RPG (7/7)
« Reply #225 on: July 21, 2015, 06:25:06 pm »

((Come to think of it, I don't think I've gotten a compiled list of powers/flaws. At first, I assumed it had something to do with waitlisting and forgot about it, but now I realize every other character received a summary when their sheet was first submitted.))

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: July 22, 2015, 11:36:41 pm »

The good Baron, seeing as they have no chance against this large rude legged thing in pure pugilism, gets an idea[Read:Spends PP]. Their ability, Prewind, allows them to pull their future or past self into the present. Presumably, the same force, rotated turnways and inverted, could pull someone else into the future or past. Doing it to another would most likely be less efficacious, but even a few seconds will be most useful right now. The good Baron attempts to use this power to jolt the spidrous abomination forwards a minute or two and then abscond.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: July 24, 2015, 01:45:49 am »

Turn 11: 3:11 PM

Spoiler: Catalyst De Aer (click to show/hide)

20, Around you you sense Death, burning, and fear, It isn't active however, but rather almost an inherent part of the place you are in. A deep fire, born of age, Death and fear, Challenges to overcome.  This is a dangerous and evil place, a heaven for dangerous and evil beings.

You feel in your immediate surroundings. a stone pedestal that you are resting on. surrounding you is either a small puddle, or great lake of molten gold, a remnant of some ancient treasure, unfit to last in this heated place.

See if I can just.. Float up to the island. Nothing is seeing my innards, only my outer meatskin.

In the Pitch black shade of the Island, your true form allows you to simply slide over to it, Gravity being more of a poster on the wall of reality, kindly reminding habitats to keep both feet on the ground.

If you go up and around, you will most certainly come in contact with the light and revert however, making getting onto the Island a conundrum.

6, 20, You sense something coming tonight Precisely 4 Hours and 12 minutes from now.

Spoiler: Oink (Iituem) (click to show/hide)

Pay 37 times the cost to permanently gain the power of coin-based ventriloquism.

37 coins disappear more permanently, you will likely not see them again. This power has a worth of 77.7

You gain the power of coin ventriloquism, you can speak to a coin and have your voice carry to another. you must own both however, and it is only one way.

Spoiler: The Librarian (ATHATH) (click to show/hide)

Happily accept the offer, and head out.

8, 16, You join the hunting party, and before long find your first prey, they instruct you to stay quiet, so as to not alert the giant Lizard. It is a brown color, with thick hide and a frill running in a spiral around it's neck, down to it's shoulder. It is sipping at the water of the river, and looks ready to jump in to cool itself from the midday sun.

2 people to your side prepare their tools of the trade, a net, and a large clay jug of water that they claim is essential.

Spoiler: Noj  (Spiderking50) (click to show/hide)

I explore the ruins looking for anything that seems fungal in nature.

5, 8 A short jaunt into the ruins reveals no fungal matter, nothing to rot here, save for stone and tile.

16, mostly the Ruin seems to contain Archways, seemingly in the middle of nowhere, along with several darkened areas shaded and sealed by worn stone. some of which are cracked open. One of the most complete ones looks pristine, and has carvings showing wavy lines along the bottom, and flying things with arms and legs like you.

17, 1, You try to think up a Time displacement spell to take care of this spider, and cast it, it drains away some of your time bullshit along with your mana, granting you, if you are correct, 3 seconds before it is back. -6 MP -1% TB -1 PP

Spoiler: Argrark (Shadowhammer) (click to show/hide)

Argrark passively tries to hawk his wares, going into retirement once more.

Spoiler: Waitlist (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 01:47:40 am by Shadestyle »
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: July 24, 2015, 04:14:32 am »

Float.. Through the island. Probably a cave or a basement in there.

Identify what is coming.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #229 on: July 24, 2015, 10:02:23 am »

I examine the ruins artwork.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: July 24, 2015, 10:07:54 am »

Gather together my hoard and head out in search of a village (a new village, ideally, not the one that will be burning for the next hundred years).  Find a safe place to stash my hoard once I get near.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: July 24, 2015, 12:16:17 pm »

^This isn't good. But what is there to do? My death seems inevitable. But there might be hope. I have no way of knowing. So? But yes. I must live.^

Perhaps there are evil beings nearby. Thrum with power and send out a... message... of sorts, if possible.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: July 24, 2015, 01:39:22 pm »

The good Baron absconds the hell away, away from Jamie's psychic signature and any other large lifeforms, in a vaguely "out of the forest" direction.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 01:53:25 pm by Arcvasti »
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: July 24, 2015, 01:59:14 pm »

((AM? 97%? That wasn't in the original explanation of my abilities.))
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: July 24, 2015, 02:15:49 pm »

((AM? 97%? That wasn't in the original explanation of my abilities.))

Ambient mana, Staying in one place depletes it over time.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: July 24, 2015, 02:27:50 pm »

((Ah.))

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: July 24, 2015, 04:52:04 pm »

"I can make the ground under its feet ice, if you wish."

Do what they tell me to do.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: July 26, 2015, 10:15:36 pm »

Turn 12: 3:31 PM

Spoiler: Catalyst De Aer (click to show/hide)

^This isn't good. But what is there to do? My death seems inevitable. But there might be hope. I have no way of knowing. So? But yes. I must live.^

Perhaps there are evil beings nearby. Thrum with power and send out a... message... of sorts, if possible.

14, 9, A raw pulse of Aether goes out, hopefully to attract something or other. -1 MP

Eventually, something does come,Hovering over the gold in some contraption.

"Nehcal dnu Eßiehcs, another pitiful attempt by the landers to hide vv-v-valuable resources from us.  Sure a ward against flight and magic does just fine, but eis nenges did they not anticipate a simple hover chair."

As it approaches you get a better sense of it, an imp, the size of an infant, sitting in a gleaming metal contraption, it hovers through spouting yellow rings at the ground.

A metal arm reaches out and lifts you up, giving you both a good look at one another, the demon closes one eye and examines you through a looking glass. and you do the same with what senses you have. The creature wears a folded dark red tunic, with a little flap of cloth dangling about the neck, with the whole thing fastened by buttons.

"It will fetch a price, if only j-j-ju-ust." it stammers, before turning about and leaving the chamber. it seems the gold pool was only in that one chamber, while the rest of the place employs other defenses.

Float.. Through the island. Probably a cave or a basement in there.

Identify what is coming.

Something important enough to warrant you feeling it.

18, You simply slip through some holes in the stone, coming out in a dank cave, filled with shoddy blocks of stone, and a path directly out. you hear a loud thudding coming form outside as well.

Spoiler: Oink (Iituem) (click to show/hide)

Gather together my hoard and head out in search of a village (a new village, ideally, not the one that will be burning for the next hundred years).  Find a safe place to stash my hoard once I get near.

20, 19, in a feat of astounding luck, you find a village suffering only from a broken wall, outside you see some kind of Automaton peddling... shovels? The village rests at the base of a large mountain as well, with a clear cut path to the top, possibly 2 days travel for you unencumbered. -3 EG +1 PP

Spoiler: The Librarian (ATHATH) (click to show/hide)

"I can make the ground under its feet ice, if you wish."

Do what they tell me to do.

One of them, the hunting leader, silently counts down from three on his fingers, and on mark, everyone jumps the Salamander.

16, 17, Despite your inexperience, you are a major boon, a quick and efficient layered ice with help form the river mist, causes the beast to slip to it's side as they toss the net and begins stabbing it's neck with their spears. -1 MP

"Caution of it's blood, fire courses through their veins and burns both with illness and... fire."

The reasons for the spears and nets you realize, isn't for catching the beast, but for ensuring it does not get it's last request in poisoning and burning it's murderers.

14, 13, A sudden spurt of blood from it's eye has you reflexively holding your leech rod in defense, this drop in the water so to speak triggers a reaction from the other wise passive constructs, and they shoot off onto it, attaching to the areas around the spear wounds.

About ten minutes later and the beast is drained of it's blood, three of the leeches on it have become like clay jars, swollen and solid, with the same blue handle from before, their triangular teeth are off at an angle to the handle, closed tight in a hexagon.

Each one is bigger than your head.

Spoiler: Noj  (Spiderking50) (click to show/hide)

I examine the ruins artwork.

2, You aren't sure what to make of it. each one seems to have wildly different and nonsensical pictures on them, some have balls covered in lines extending out from them, some have more things like you, and some have things on them that look like the monster you ran away from.

You feel a very powerful killing intent coming from you when you think about that thing.

The good Baron absconds the hell away, away from Jamie's psychic signature and any other large lifeforms, in a vaguely "out of the forest" direction.

20, 13, you come out of the forest at long last, to a grassy pathway, leading off in two directions. something pops in front of you, a small brown paper wrapped rectangle labeled "Care package, return to sender"

Spoiler: Argrark (Shadowhammer) (click to show/hide)

Argrark passively tries to hawk his wares, He calls over to a creature that passes by his shop, seeing that it has possessions, and by extension, a desire or need for possessions, like shovels.

Spoiler: Waitlist (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 11:41:59 am by Shadestyle »

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: July 26, 2015, 10:17:53 pm »

Go look at the thuds~

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: July 26, 2015, 10:19:08 pm »

^This is an improvement.^

If the imp is touching me, I should be able to communicate with it. If so, speak thus:

^Hail. How goes your search?^

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 20