Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 20

Author Topic: Darkness Redeemed: Multiplayer RPG (7/7)  (Read 23158 times)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Darkness Redeemed: Multiplayer RPG (7/7)
« Reply #105 on: June 25, 2015, 02:05:50 am »

"Well, I would leave if I could get the door open. Do you mind helping me?"

If it agrees to help, go outside with it, and, if it is mindless, thwack it really hard with my extendable pole, utilizing the quarterstaff training that I received in wizard school. If it isn't mindless and agrees to help, inquire as to why it's guarding this place. If it does not agree to help me, thwack it really hard with my extendable pole (swing blindly in a horizontal arc in front of me if I can't see it), utilizing the quarterstaff training that I received in wizard school.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 25, 2015, 11:04:55 am »

Oink misses his beautiful majesty, his wings and his magic so he didn't have to do all this frigging manual labour!  How do wingless creatures even survive?  No wonder he had such an easy time roasting and devouring them all.  Well, right up until the last one.

Oink drags the wood and tarsalt to the edge of the rogues' camp.  If they remain slumbering he will add wood (as below) to the fire to get it burning again.  Once it has at least a moderate flame going, he will toss on the tarsalt clumps and scurry for the underbrush before the noxious smoke catches him.

Building a Fire, from Iituem's dodgy personal experience on the matter.

Some of this work may already have been done in the rogue's fire to start with.

Step One, try not to be so self-conscious,

Two, shift your weight onto your haunches,

Three, lift yourself into the air and

Four, just forget your parents are both dead!

1. Move three or four larger sticks into a tripod or pyramidal shape atop the firepit.  Make sure they're balanced and feel free to wedge them into the dirt a bit if it will help keep them stable.

2. Using the smaller dry twigs and branches, create a rough bedding of firewood around the pyramid, placing twigs and branches on the supports of the 'tripod' and making sure that there is a central column free within the pile of firewood with free air passages at the base.  It is vital to have the airways as air needs to be able to enter at the base of the fire, move up through the middle and then exit at the top.

2a. You can tear dry bark off to help with kindling.

3. Light your kindling.  This can be the hard, frustrating part, but fortunately the embers of the fire should still be hot, even if it has been a few hours now.  Brushing the remaining embers with a stick, expose some air to any still-glowing parts, or simply find the hottest part of the 'dark' embers.  Touch your finest kindling to the hot embers, blow gently and you will eventually get a small flame.  Touch this to the rest of the kindling, shield against the wind and keep trying until you get a sustained fire.

4. Once the kindling is on fire, continue adding small, then medium sticks and eventually logs, making sure to keep the tripod shape stable and not to block up the airways or collapse the structure.  Oink will actually want to stop for time's sake as soon as a moderate fire is going - as that should be enough to burn the tarsalt.

Depending on skill, this could take anywhere from half an hour to two hours to accomplish.  Step three is the bastard.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 25, 2015, 11:23:45 am »

0-My, my, THIs is interesting.-0

The good Baron attempts to wake up the young lady by going up to the sleeping lady's head and purring loudly. At the same time, the good Baron tries to make psychic contact and purrhaps get some insight into the nature of her sleep.

0-Wake up, little one. A majestic cat fairy is here. And they want to help you.-0
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 25, 2015, 12:22:47 pm »

((Great, thanks. I've got an idea for something repetitive (heh) he can do once I'm gone, but it depends how things go with the townsfolk. Also, apparently I don't leave until the fifth of July.))

Aragrark thanks the townspeople for not being angry anymore. He gets the carpenter to help in making a rammed-earth-brick-wall making device, which he draws a quick design for in the (conveniently colour-coded) dirt:
Spoiler: Wall-Making Machine (click to show/hide)
The carpenter just needs to make the wooden parts (compressor and mold), and a frame too so it's easier to move around. While they're working, Argrark tries to make friends with the carpenter. He asks about how the village is doing, and what those monsters the other man talked about are like.

((So, when Argrark's crafting, should I propose a design for the project, or just say what I want it to do and let him make something? Also, do I need PP to think up new designs?
If the answer to the above is 'let Argrark figure it out', just ignore my design there, it's all good.))

You can spend PP to take the lazy way out and just 'Let Argrark figure it out' or use a quality roll for the same purpose.

So basically, you can:
Make an actual design
Use PP and let him have at it
Do neither and leave it up to RNGesus
Okay, sounds good.

Eritzap

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #109 on: June 25, 2015, 01:27:35 pm »

People are so unimpatient these days... Couldn't even wait for me to answer before taking several steps without me... And even killing my character...

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 25, 2015, 01:46:08 pm »

People are so unimpatient these days... Couldn't even wait for me to answer before taking several steps without me... And even killing my character...

I make about 1 turn every day, I even switched to 1 every two days temporarily to give you more time.

This is Harsh I understand, but necessary.
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 25, 2015, 03:09:18 pm »

((My character's fine. Though I might need a plot hook.))
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 26, 2015, 02:05:52 pm »

Turn 6: 1:21 AM

Spoiler: Ober van Ober (click to show/hide)

4, you awaken from cryosleep with a massive headache in the cockpit of your SHAW (Super-Heavy Assault Walker) All of the systems seem to be slightly damaged, and the Visual Cameras are simply pure white when you turn them on.

The cockpit has some very small amenities in addition to it's high damage loadout, a minifridge behind your seat, an AC and a cryosleep capsule built into the seat to preserve yourself for long periods are attached.

It is blistering hot in here, you wonder just what must be wrong with your mech for it to be this overheated.

Power is at a critical 17%, it will last maybe 96 hours at best.

What dimensions?

It only occupies a few other dimentions you are not familiar with. A Sphere occupies it's chest in one reality, and a web of lines occupies another and surrounds it.

Spoiler: Oink (Iituem) (click to show/hide)

Oink misses his beautiful majesty, his wings and his magic so he didn't have to do all this frigging manual labour!  How do wingless creatures even survive?  No wonder he had such an easy time roasting and devouring them all.  Well, right up until the last one.

Oink drags the wood and tarsalt to the edge of the rogues' camp.  If they remain slumbering he will add wood (as below) to the fire to get it burning again.  Once it has at least a moderate flame going, he will toss on the tarsalt clumps and scurry for the underbrush before the noxious smoke catches him.

Building a Fire, from Iituem's dodgy personal experience on the matter.

Some of this work may already have been done in the rogue's fire to start with.

Step One, try not to be so self-conscious,

Two, shift your weight onto your haunches,

Three, lift yourself into the air and

Four, just forget your parents are both dead!

1. Move three or four larger sticks into a tripod or pyramidal shape atop the firepit.  Make sure they're balanced and feel free to wedge them into the dirt a bit if it will help keep them stable.

2. Using the smaller dry twigs and branches, create a rough bedding of firewood around the pyramid, placing twigs and branches on the supports of the 'tripod' and making sure that there is a central column free within the pile of firewood with free air passages at the base.  It is vital to have the airways as air needs to be able to enter at the base of the fire, move up through the middle and then exit at the top.

2a. You can tear dry bark off to help with kindling.

3. Light your kindling.  This can be the hard, frustrating part, but fortunately the embers of the fire should still be hot, even if it has been a few hours now.  Brushing the remaining embers with a stick, expose some air to any still-glowing parts, or simply find the hottest part of the 'dark' embers.  Touch your finest kindling to the hot embers, blow gently and you will eventually get a small flame.  Touch this to the rest of the kindling, shield against the wind and keep trying until you get a sustained fire.

4. Once the kindling is on fire, continue adding small, then medium sticks and eventually logs, making sure to keep the tripod shape stable and not to block up the airways or collapse the structure.  Oink will actually want to stop for time's sake as soon as a moderate fire is going - as that should be enough to burn the tarsalt.

Depending on skill, this could take anywhere from half an hour to two hours to accomplish.  Step three is the bastard.

18, your snout serves you well, and you push one of the sticks from one of the piles. It seems to be stuck.

You shove it again and it flips over, rolling as  a whole backwards.  It starts turning around and it's rolling speeds up, until you are forced to Jump out of the way.

Spoiler: The Librarian (ATHATH) (click to show/hide)

"Well, I would leave if I could get the door open. Do you mind helping me?"

If it agrees to help, go outside with it, and, if it is mindless, thwack it really hard with my extendable pole, utilizing the quarterstaff training that I received in wizard school. If it isn't mindless and agrees to help, inquire as to why it's guarding this place. If it does not agree to help me, thwack it really hard with my extendable pole (swing blindly in a horizontal arc in front of me if I can't see it), utilizing the quarterstaff training that I received in wizard school.

"Go... BACK!"

You are Slammed into the door, opening it and throwing you from it. -1 HP

The door slams shut once more.

Spoiler: Noj  (Spiderking50) (click to show/hide)

I approach the thing and attempt to communicate. I ask it is's name.

6, 17, It does not respond, but does not attack either, it's sniffing extends to you as well. it walks around you getting a good nosefull.

0-My, my, THIs is interesting.-0

The good Baron attempts to wake up the young lady by going up to the sleeping lady's head and purring loudly. At the same time, the good Baron tries to make psychic contact and purrhaps get some insight into the nature of her sleep.

0-Wake up, little one. A majestic cat fairy is here. And they want to help you.-0

"Ohhhhgh... What? Who is there?" her eyes open, a piercing teal color, with white tint.

Spoiler: Argrark (Shadowhammer) (click to show/hide)

Using 2 Gears, 1 Spring, and 1 rod, you and the carpenter craft a brick making machine, He also winds you up as best he can so you can actually run the machine. +6 EG

After a few hours work, the Carpenter is exhausted, and you are as well, in your own way. -5 EG

The machine inspires you, it is good to get back to work. +2 PP

The wall is tolerable, but the carpenter says it will need much more work in the morning before it is good enough for the monsters.

Spoiler: Waitlist (click to show/hide)

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 26, 2015, 02:33:01 pm »

Watch path of stick.  If nothing disastrous happens, raise eyebrow, continue as before, using mouth to pick up sticks.

[Unless you mean that the whole pile just started rolling, in which case I'm not sure what to do.]
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 26, 2015, 02:38:01 pm »

Watch path of stick.  If nothing disastrous happens, raise eyebrow, continue as before, using mouth to pick up sticks.

[Unless you mean that the whole pile just started rolling, in which case I'm not sure what to do.]

((They were, I was implying that the piles were actually creatures.))

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 26, 2015, 02:40:29 pm »

((They were, I was implying that the piles were actually creatures.))

Oho.  In that case...

Using a mixture of hustling about, nipping at the sticks and shoving, sheep-pig the living pile towards the camp.

Let's cause some trouble.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 26, 2015, 04:08:04 pm »

Attempt to remove the sphere. It can't be healthy to have a sphere lodged in your chest.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 26, 2015, 04:22:59 pm »

0-This marvelous furry apparition perched on your head is none other then the good Baron Umwelt. As they have said before, the good Baron is a magical cat fairy here to grant your wishes. The good Baron's only desire is to be of help to you and, in this magnanimous spirit, has sought you out. Of course, nothing is without its... price. In exchange for a relatively small wish, the good Baron desires true and complete answers to two questions. Otherwise the good Baron would be giving away something for nothing and, much as it pains the good Baron's generous heart, that is against the rules.-0

The good Baron tries to remember the exact limitations on their Minor Wish power.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #118 on: June 26, 2015, 05:53:42 pm »

I attempt to pet it and communicate with it. Still wary, still ready to hit it with my belt.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 26, 2015, 08:16:44 pm »

((Mind moving me down the waitlist? I'm going to lose internet for a few days after Saturday.))
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 20