Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20

Author Topic: Darkness Redeemed: Multiplayer RPG (7/7)  (Read 23071 times)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Darkness Redeemed: Multiplayer RPG (7/7)
« Reply #90 on: June 23, 2015, 12:21:08 am »

I drew a picture of Argrark.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Nice.
+1, although I thought that he would have a larger torso.

Will Oink ever be able to revert to dragon form? If yes, what would it take to do so?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 23, 2015, 01:58:55 am »

I drew a picture of Argrark.
Nice.
+1, although I thought that he would have a larger torso.

Will Oink ever be able to revert to dragon form? If yes, what would it take to do so?

Don't answer that (you probably weren't going to anyway).  For all these questions, I want to find out in the course of gameplay.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 23, 2015, 02:07:18 am »

Turn 5: 12:45 AM

((What do you think of my No response-no explanation Idling system? Players can "retire" a character temporarily if they are planning on not posting for a while, otherwise, they are left exposed to the elements..))

Kiki Consumes one more before continuing to drift along the trail.

You eat once more, and continue on.

8, 15, You find an odd thin creature, absurdly thin even. it is walking along at an even pace a few  away from you.

Spoiler: Oink (Iituem) (click to show/hide)

Alright, Oink has the night to work with.  Need to establish a vector of delivery so take stock of the rogues' possessions, including cookware and waterskins and need an active agent, so scout around, trying to find nightshade or other similarly poisonous plants such as foxglove.

17, You find some Tarsalt, a minor magical mineral that forms beneath Oak tree's that have has ghosts pass through them.  It serves the purpose of Creating a noxious smoke when burnt, and has other uses as well. you will need to find a way to get it over there though. -1 EG

Spoiler: Araboth (Erizap) (click to show/hide)

13... Without a goal or a drive, you aren't able to bring yourself to resist. You are attacked by the beast, and it rips at your arm. -5 HP.

Spoiler: The Librarian (ATHATH) (click to show/hide)

Drop the book (that I just picked up)! If nothing changes (or it gets worse), pick it up again, run towards the nearest light source, and cast that ice layer spell on the ground behind me. If I am safe, read another book. If that book is safe, rest for the night by the entrance.

There is no light source nearby.

You drop the book, no change. You pick it back and walk to the doorway, panting from exertion. You cannot push the door opened while you are overburdened like this.

12, 16, You narrowly avoid something cold that whisks by your shoulder, smacking into the door with a metallic clang, followed by a crackling noise.

Spoiler: Noj  (Spiderking50) (click to show/hide)

I wander the area looking at the green things and the brown things. I look at the brown things up and down for signs of life like me. I also check to see if there are green things above the brown things. I am new to this world, i have no concepts except object and color and alive and me. I am alive, I am purple, I am not an object. These brown things are alive, they are brown, they are more like objects. I am quite lonely. I look for things that are more like me and less like these still things. I remember the heavy thing around my waist. I examine it closely and take note of every detail.

The green things give off some kind of stuff. and some green stuff on the brown stuff gives off it too.

They are both alive, but not like you.

The thing around your waist is hard, but bendy, it does something to it's color. it has a Gold bit to it that isn't bendy. It makes you feel something bad when you push too hard on the edge. -1 HP

0-The good Baron finds this MOST interesting. Perhaps this heralds a hive mind of sorts? The large web-ball thing is most uncanny and the good Baron confesses a reluctance to go closer to it. Still, the good Baron will press on.-0

The good Baron continues onwards, trying to establish contact with the distant higher intelligence.

17, you manage to make contact, it seems to be a dream, or a sleeping individual, it is an unnatural sleep.

--The Baron will encounter the intelligence next turn

Spoiler: Argrark (Shadowhammer) (click to show/hide)

Abomination? What do they mean abomination? Argrark isn't abominable.
Tell the villagers that there is no need for spears and yelling, Argrark is a nice giant. Ask them why they call him mean things like "Aberrant abomination". Try to avoid a fight if at all possible.

While talking, Argrark sizes up the people. How much smaller than him are they? How many spear-wavers are there? Do they look more angry or more scared?

"You shattered our wall and terrified our townsfolk! You have doomed us to destruction by the wild beasts of the night!"

Only a bit shorter than you, at their tallest, they are much much thinner.

One of them pokes you in the Chest, dealing no damage with the warning jab.

Spoiler: Waitlist (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 02:09:45 am by Shadestyle »
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 23, 2015, 02:22:41 am »

Kiki examines the beast closer. How absurdly thin? How many legs? What about other appendages?

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 23, 2015, 08:08:02 am »

"I don't suppose you would be interested in a peaceful way to resolve whatever issue that you are attacking me for?"

Light a torch. Smack the creature with the torch if necessary.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #95 on: June 23, 2015, 08:41:37 am »

I reattach the hting to my waste and continue wandering in search of things like me. I've decided that even though it hurts, I probably have it for a reason.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 23, 2015, 09:45:20 am »

I'll wait list.

Name: Catalyst de Aer

Just what are you? I am a sphere. A sphere of solidified Aether. A weapon. A weapon of unknown powers and unknown requirements for activation. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be thinking...

Primary Class: Aether Catalyst. There is a flow of Aether in the world, useable by the trained to cast spells. I however am a draw for Aether at incredible speed. I can do nearly anything by simple brute force of Aether, but my powers are difficult to control. Very difficult.

Who is a cool character from media? Richard Cypher.
From the Sword of Truth series. Suffice it to say that he uses said sword to great effect. Affect?

Amusing Additional Malus(Yes). I cannot see via ordinary senses, instead I sense the flows of Aether to locate life forms. I cannot hear, except when the speaker is touching me. I cannot feel, taste, see via light, or move normally(telekinesis is an option).

Describe my Surroundings? I sense... Burnt life and odd magics nearby. Death... Burning... Fear...

Some starting gear? Ah, right! To aid in the usage of Aether, I can devise Foci, magic mental constructions that take a given pattern of Aether manipulation and let me repeat it easily, however devising new Foci can be difficult. And I can only hold 5 Foci at once, any more and they deteriorate. At the moment I have Flame Lance, Electric Homing Discus, and Explosive Enigma. Plus the telekinesis I've permanently memorized.

Also, I can't seem... to... I don't know.

FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 23, 2015, 11:17:01 am »

Hrm.  If the tarsalt is in the soil layer, rather than mineral, we're in luck.  Pig snouts are made for digging (well, rooting).  Get ready to spend some elbow grease because Oink digs up the tarsalt chunks with his snout.  He also finds some dry wood that would serve to get the fire started again, provided the rogues didn't have any wood on the side Oink could throw on to get those embers burning again.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 23, 2015, 11:56:49 am »

Luckily clockworks don't need sleep. A good winding and you could punch the shit out of any creatures of the night that show up.

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 23, 2015, 01:04:08 pm »

((Heh, yeah. Maybe I can charge the townsfolk for being a night watchman.

Oh, by the way Shade, I am going to be away the first, third, and fourth weeks (well, monday to friday 'weeks') of July and the first week of August. I think I'd be able to make a pseudocode-response-flowchart type thing for the first five days I'm away, although probably not for the three-week stretch. Should I do that and then retire him before leaving for the third week of June, or should I just retire him before I leave for the first week?))

"Shattered"? Argrark only knocked down the wall a little bit. Silly people. Argrark tells the townsfolk that if they rewind his clockwork for him, [edit] and get a carpenter to help him out [/edit] he will rebuild their weak little wall.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 01:42:35 pm by ShadowHammer »

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 24, 2015, 11:14:18 pm »

((Ok, no more describing your bonus malus, it is intended to be a yes or no question for players wanting some spice.)

I'll wait list.

Name: Catalyst de Aer

Just what are you? I am a sphere. A sphere of solidified Aether. A weapon. A weapon of unknown powers and unknown requirements for activation. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be thinking...

Primary Class: Aether Catalyst. There is a flow of Aether in the world, useable by the trained to cast spells. I however am a draw for Aether at incredible speed. I can do nearly anything by simple brute force of Aether, but my powers are difficult to control. Very difficult.

Who is a cool character from media? Richard Cypher.
From the Sword of Truth series. Suffice it to say that he uses said sword to great effect. Affect?

Amusing Additional Malus(Yes). I cannot see via ordinary senses, instead I sense the flows of Aether to locate life forms. I cannot hear, except when the speaker is touching me. I cannot feel, taste, see via light, or move normally(telekinesis is an option).

Describe my Surroundings? I sense... Burnt life and odd magics nearby. Death... Burning... Fear...

Some starting gear? Ah, right! To aid in the usage of Aether, I can devise Foci, magic mental constructions that take a given pattern of Aether manipulation and let me repeat it easily, however devising new Foci can be difficult. And I can only hold 5 Foci at once, any more and they deteriorate. At the moment I have Flame Lance, Electric Homing Discus, and Explosive Enigma. Plus the telekinesis I've permanently memorized.

Also, I can't seem... to... I don't know.
Anouther big one, in terms of Starting maluses. Maybe something like so?

Turn 6: 1:03 AM

Kiki examines the beast closer. How absurdly thin? How many legs? What about other appendages?

2 legs, 2 other limbs, and one, no wait, 2 stubby limbs. It is pretty thin. not just physically, but it only occupies a select few Dimensions.

Spoiler: Oink (Iituem) (click to show/hide)

Hrm.  If the tarsalt is in the soil layer, rather than mineral, we're in luck.  Pig snouts are made for digging (well, rooting).  Get ready to spend some elbow grease because Oink digs up the tarsalt chunks with his snout.  He also finds some dry wood that would serve to get the fire started again, provided the rogues didn't have any wood on the side Oink could throw on to get those embers burning again.

It is indeed in the soil layer, just below and around the roots.

5, 1, (16, 3), you manage to dig up the Tarsalt after a lot of work, and shove it all into a pile, it's black obsidian color glistens in the gentle sunrise like little onyx stones, but you have Poor luck finding any good wood to start any kind of fire. Ahh, here we go. A clearing contains several large piles of the stuff, lucky you! -5 EG +1 PP

Spoiler: Araboth (Erizap) (click to show/hide)

And so it ends before it even began, the beast rips out your throat finally, and you feel a faintness come over you before it all goes black.

You have died.

Spoiler: The Librarian (ATHATH) (click to show/hide)

"I don't suppose you would be interested in a peaceful way to resolve whatever issue that you are attacking me for?"

Light a torch. Smack the creature with the torch if necessary.

What torch and with what? you get the feeling you came into this place unprepared.

19, A shot finally hits you, a grazing wound, almost playful it it weren't for the thin burning line of frostbite adorning your hip. -1 HP

"Go..."

"...Back"

Several more pings around you, it is getting closer, you find your back is up against the massive door, you unwittingly dropped your latest book, and the cold air becomes thick with humidity.

Spoiler: Noj  (Spiderking50) (click to show/hide)

I reattach the hting to my waste and continue wandering in search of things like me. I've decided that even though it hurts, I probably have it for a reason.

You do so, and It's familiar weight returns to what you feel is where it should be.

11, a big brown thing on four legs approaches you, it is making a loud snorting noise as it wanders around.

18, You continue on, eventually coming up to the intelligence, A young woman wrapped completely in a thick sack of webbing lying on the ground, she is asleep, strewn about are Bones, human bones.

Spoiler: Argrark (Shadowhammer) (click to show/hide)

((Heh, yeah. Maybe I can charge the townsfolk for being a night watchman.

Oh, by the way Shade, I am going to be away the first, third, and fourth weeks (well, monday to friday 'weeks') of July and the first week of August. I think I'd be able to make a pseudocode-response-flowchart type thing for the first five days I'm away, although probably not for the three-week stretch. Should I do that and then retire him before leaving for the third week of June, or should I just retire him before I leave for the first week?))

"Shattered"? Argrark only knocked down the wall a little bit. Silly people. Argrark tells the townsfolk that if they rewind his clockwork for him, [edit] and get a carpenter to help him out [/edit] he will rebuild their weak little wall.

((Whatever your decision I will take care of Argrark at your discretion since I had fair warning. you could just have him get caught in something boring and sustainable until you get back when you leave if you like, like jail, or paid labor.))

12, They seem suspicious, but soon enough, a carpenter comes out with a hand to his lightly bearded chin and approaches you after they convene for a long while.

The carpenter is a short and stocky red skinned humanoid with an even redder bulbous nose, he could still be human, but it is certainly an odd color to an odd height.

Spoiler: Waitlist (click to show/hide)

Ober van Ober is next to join.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 11:30:15 pm by Shadestyle »

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #101 on: June 24, 2015, 11:22:56 pm »

I approach the thing and attempt to communicate. I ask it is's name.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 25, 2015, 12:03:37 am »

((Great, thanks. I've got an idea for something repetitive (heh) he can do once I'm gone, but it depends how things go with the townsfolk. Also, apparently I don't leave until the fifth of July.))

Aragrark thanks the townspeople for not being angry anymore. He gets the carpenter to help in making a rammed-earth-brick-wall making device, which he draws a quick design for in the (conveniently colour-coded) dirt:
Spoiler: Wall-Making Machine (click to show/hide)
The carpenter just needs to make the wooden parts (compressor and mold), and a frame too so it's easier to move around. While they're working, Argrark tries to make friends with the carpenter. He asks about how the village is doing, and what those monsters the other man talked about are like.

((So, when Argrark's crafting, should I propose a design for the project, or just say what I want it to do and let him make something? Also, do I need PP to think up new designs?
If the answer to the above is 'let Argrark figure it out', just ignore my design there, it's all good.))
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 12:06:56 am by ShadowHammer »

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 25, 2015, 12:09:13 am »

((Great, thanks. I've got an idea for something repetitive (heh) he can do once I'm gone, but it depends how things go with the townsfolk. Also, apparently I don't leave until the fifth of July.))

Aragrark thanks the townspeople for not being angry anymore. He gets the carpenter to help in making a rammed-earth-brick-wall making device, which he draws a quick design for in the (conveniently colour-coded) dirt:
Spoiler: Wall-Making Machine (click to show/hide)
The carpenter just needs to make the wooden parts (compressor and mold), and a frame too so it's easier to move around. While they're working, Argrark tries to make friends with the carpenter. He asks about how the village is doing, and what those monsters the other man talked about are like.

((So, when Argrark's crafting, should I propose a design for the project, or just say what I want it to do and let him make something? Also, do I need PP to think up new designs?
If the answer to the above is 'let Argrark figure it out', just ignore my design there, it's all good.))

You can spend PP to take the lazy way out and just 'Let Argrark figure it out' or use a quality roll for the same purpose.

So basically, you can:
Make an actual design
Use PP and let him have at it
Do neither and leave it up to RNGesus

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 25, 2015, 01:01:42 am »

What dimensions?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20