Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 20

Author Topic: Darkness Redeemed: Multiplayer RPG (7/7)  (Read 23050 times)

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
Re: Darkness Redeemed: Multiplayer RPG
« Reply #75 on: June 20, 2015, 02:10:12 am »

How much (on average) do my stats regenerate by each day? What are the mana costs of my spells? Is there clay nearby? Do you use a random number (?) generator for the spells?

Dunnow, Dunnow, No. you are sealed inside the building, as evidenced by last turn. I roll for Quality and then make some up.

Mm. Alright, but keep in mind that your only viable method of success (that I know of) is through diplomacy, due to your main stat being replicable by around 8 hobos (you can't risk using more than half of your elbow grease at any time, due to repetitiveness, so you average at about 75 safe elbow grease, assuming you spend it one point at a time. Valerik, an out of shape wimp, regenerates around 10 elbow grease per day).

Stop that.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 02:13:32 am by Shadestyle »
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 20, 2015, 02:12:35 am »

Question on Foot in The Void.

Will I be informed when the stars are aligned?

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 20, 2015, 02:14:25 am »

Question on Foot in The Void.

Will I be informed when the stars are aligned?

Yes, otherwise it would be a pretty useless -starting- skill.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 20, 2015, 12:47:41 pm »

A pair of spectacles with Clear Steel lenses enchanted with Sizeification and many various Skeel frames Perspectivity'd together, maybe enchanted with Changing Sigil in some way as well?

To be honest, I fail to see how a shapeshifter's glasses would be of much use in necro-mechanic. Nice job coming up with the recipe, though.
Don't mind Armok's patented tired/scheming ravings. It is currently irrelevant.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 20, 2015, 06:06:54 pm »

0-The ground is a more dignified method of travel for the good Baron anyways.-0

The good Baron walks by foot towards the white shapey place, scanning for sentient life with their telepathy.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 20, 2015, 06:40:23 pm »

Aragrark is pleased with how his town is shaping up. A mighty fine town hall if he ever saw one.
He realizes that it'll take quite a bit of work to make the rest of the town. Argrark goes over to the silly town and asks the people if they can rewind his clockwork. If they say something like, "Why in the heck would we do that?!", Argrark tells them that he'll promise not to knock down any more of their wall if they do.
Argrark is very sincere though, he doesn't mean this as a threat. He thinks it's a reasonable exchange of services.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 21, 2015, 02:33:35 am »

Turn 4: 12:35 AM

Kiki focuses inward. What kind of essence does it feel like?

You aren't sure, and have never felt it before, gods above you feel no better than a tourist.

10, it hold sustenance at least, so it must be some kind of life-like energy.

Spoiler: Oink (Iituem) (click to show/hide)

With some difficulty, because trotters, Oink lifts up the lens and peers through it.  "Ooh, smokey."

Oink takes stock of his situation.

"Right then.  Good news, alive.  Bad news, I'm a pig!  I swear if that wizard wasn't already toasted I'd gnaw him to death."

In long years alone, festooned with gems, Oink had fallen into the habit of talking to himself.  Sometimes narrating to himself.  Sometimes singing.

"Ohhhh... Lost in the sticks,
Stuck as a pig!
None of it makes a lick
of sense!  But the trick
I'm sure is to con my way
Back to gold and fortune ev'ry-day!
"

Enough going mad with stress, Oink has work to do!  Oink attempts to find some clueless dispossessed rube and convince him that he's a magical wish-granting pig.  And a sack as well, because carrying everything in his mouth is going to get old fast.

12, 16, No rubes, but a while of travel leads you to a campsite, three rogues sleeping around the dying embers. and 3 sleeping mats between them.

A few knick-knacks lie strewn about them, tied to them by Silk strings with bells. small bags glitter with the smell of gold. impure, but present.

Spoiler: Araboth (Erizap) (click to show/hide)

5, a presence begins approaching you, but in your meditation you fail to notice.

Spoiler: The Librarian (ATHATH) (click to show/hide)

Take the book. Read another one nearby it. Rest if it is an appropriate time to do so.

You take the book, it's heavy weight occupying one of your hands.

You pick out another one, but it is pitch black in here. you are unable to read it.

1, It feels very cold in here. excruciatingly so. You can feel a certain wetness in the air.

Spoiler: Noj  (Spiderking50) (click to show/hide)

I try to move along the veiling and climb up the curving sides (assuming I don't notice anything of interest in the meantime).

Slowly you climb up and around, before reaching the top.

6, 19, You don't see anything at first glance. a green floor and a bunch of Brown things sticking out of the ground.

0-The ground is a more dignified method of travel for the good Baron anyways.-0

The good Baron walks by foot towards the white shapey place, scanning for sentient life with their telepathy.

3, 20, The good baron sees a big Spider running off with something shiny along the way to the Big white thing. a Giant ball of web you can see from here.

10, 10, you can sense some higher thought from here, but it is both faint and vague. In the same direction you are going to boot.

Spoiler: Argrark (Shadowhammer) (click to show/hide)

Aragrark is pleased with how his town is shaping up. A mighty fine town hall if he ever saw one.
He realizes that it'll take quite a bit of work to make the rest of the town. Argrark goes over to the silly town and asks the people if they can rewind his clockwork. If they say something like, "Why in the heck would we do that?!", Argrark tells them that he'll promise not to knock down any more of their wall if they do.
Argrark is very sincere though, he doesn't mean this as a threat. He thinks it's a reasonable exchange of services.

Upon reaching the village you are met with Soldiers leveling spears at you, along with this, you see back behind them several Villagers screaming their heads off about something, and wonder what could have spooked them.

"Back, back you Aberrant abomination!"
one of the Troops yells.

Spoiler: Waitlist (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 02:40:02 am by Shadestyle »

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 21, 2015, 02:46:36 am »

Kiki Consumes one more before continuing to drift along the trail.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 21, 2015, 02:27:56 pm »

Alright, Oink has the night to work with.  Need to establish a vector of delivery so take stock of the rogues' possessions, including cookware and waterskins and need an active agent, so scout around, trying to find nightshade or other similarly poisonous plants such as foxglove.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 21, 2015, 03:56:03 pm »

Abomination? What do they mean abomination? Argrark isn't abominable.
Tell the villagers that there is no need for spears and yelling, Argrark is a nice giant. Ask them why they call him mean things like "Aberrant abomination". Try to avoid a fight if at all possible.

While talking, Argrark sizes up the people. How much smaller than him are they? How many spear-wavers are there? Do they look more angry or more scared?

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 21, 2015, 05:04:44 pm »

Drop the book (that I just picked up)! If nothing changes (or it gets worse), pick it up again, run towards the nearest light source, and cast that ice layer spell on the ground behind me. If I am safe, read another book. If that book is safe, rest for the night by the entrance.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 11:00:56 pm by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #86 on: June 21, 2015, 05:42:12 pm »

I wander the area looking at the green things and the brown things. I look at the brown things up and down for signs of life like me. I also check to see if there are green things above the brown things. I am new to this world, i have no concepts except object and color and alive and me. I am alive, I am purple, I am not an object. These brown things are alive, they are brown, they are more like objects. I am quite lonely. I look for things that are more like me and less like these still things. I remember the heavy thing around my waist. I examine it closely and take note of every detail.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
Re: Darkness Redeemed: Multiplayer RPG (7/7)
« Reply #87 on: June 21, 2015, 10:15:25 pm »

I drew a picture of Argrark.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 21, 2015, 10:25:39 pm »

0-The good Baron finds this MOST interesting. Perhaps this heralds a hive mind of sorts? The large web-ball thing is most uncanny and the good Baron confesses a reluctance to go closer to it. Still, the good Baron will press on.-0

The good Baron continues onwards, trying to establish contact with the distant higher intelligence.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 22, 2015, 05:11:58 am »

I drew a picture of Argrark.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Nice.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 20