Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 283 284 [285] 286 287 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 830196 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: Basically WH40K
« Reply #4260 on: November 29, 2015, 02:29:24 pm »

Though I learned my lesson after New Vegas

Unless they SPECIFICALLY state something... and spell it out to you. It isn't true.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4261 on: November 29, 2015, 03:22:13 pm »

Wow. You just argued that references to Indiana Jones, Star Trek, and Doctor Who isn't obnoxious low-effort crap, as if they weren't shoehorned in to every possible situation by legions of idiots with no imagination just as much as any other meme. That's like saying that referencing Monty Python and the Holy Grail when you're playing a tabletop RPG is fresh and inspired. And that's terrible.
That's not what I said. I called the thing being referenced crap, not the reference itself.
Really? So DF is crap because of the shitty magma meme? Or are you talking about stuff that's wholly self-contained and self-referential like the Navy Seal copypasta, where calling the thing being referenced crap is functionally equivalent to calling the reference crap?

Not to mention that you're dodging the point. Why are shitty overplayed internet memes bad while shitty overplayed references to TV shows and movies are good? Both tend to be exclusionary and not particularly funny after the second or third time, never mind the two thousandth. Both are essentially social keys that help to bind in-groups together as part of shared culture. Neither are objectively bad, either, and mostly tend to be derided by people who aren't particularly self-aware but want to rag on an in-group that they don't think they belong to.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4262 on: November 29, 2015, 03:45:35 pm »

Spoilered for actual possible spoilers.
Spoiler: Question (click to show/hide)
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4263 on: November 29, 2015, 03:51:38 pm »

Spoilered for actual possible spoilers.
Spoiler: Question (click to show/hide)

You unfortunate HAVE to if you go that route.

As for missing something well...

The sales woman sells some unique weapons including a really amazing combat shotgun.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4264 on: November 29, 2015, 03:55:29 pm »

Darn, I needed a new combat shotty.  Oh well, I'm sure something else will come along sometime.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4265 on: November 29, 2015, 04:01:01 pm »

If it makes you feel any better it costs 10k caps...

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4266 on: November 29, 2015, 04:15:24 pm »

You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4267 on: November 29, 2015, 04:19:32 pm »

Would be lovly to have a "Dump all mods" options at weapon benches, "Dump all food" at cooking stations and etc etc.

Or let me tag some items I consider trash, as trash.

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4268 on: November 29, 2015, 04:46:43 pm »

This happened to me because I had the "wetness" graphical setting on and it started raining. I think my laptop couldn't handle it.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4269 on: November 29, 2015, 07:08:34 pm »

I've been having an issue sorta kinda like that, except that every turns zany colors and then models start getting corrupted (the vertices go all over the place, stretching them everywhere).  It's fairly uncommon though, and restarting seems to fix it.  Maybe if I turn off the wetness, it'll get better (the shininess looks a little silly anyway).

Not sure if this has already been answered, but is there a mod to make supply lines share *all* items instead of just junk?  I don't want to worry about where I left the fat man or whatever, and I'm especially not crazy about having to pick up food and water in person.  I'm still trying to avoid fast travel as much as is comfortable.

Spoiler: Minutemen Armory (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 07:15:56 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4270 on: November 29, 2015, 07:37:58 pm »

I've been having an issue sorta kinda like that, except that every turns zany colors and then models start getting corrupted (the vertices go all over the place, stretching them everywhere).  It's fairly uncommon though, and restarting seems to fix it.  Maybe if I turn off the wetness, it'll get better (the shininess looks a little silly anyway).

Not sure if this has already been answered, but is there a mod to make supply lines share *all* items instead of just junk?  I don't want to worry about where I left the fat man or whatever, and I'm especially not crazy about having to pick up food and water in person.  I'm still trying to avoid fast travel as much as is comfortable.

Spoiler: Minutemen Armory (click to show/hide)

About those cannons, i think having more within an area will cause more rounds to be fired on your beacon; its like, 4 shots per cannon within range so there is a reason for that. I threw one near 4 settlements recently and had like, 16 bombs get dropped on a deathclaws head, so yeah, more cannons equals more boom-boom.

Also, having settlement produced items get linked too would be sooooo legit. But it'd also be kinda OP, i have max level stores at sanctuary and it would be too easy to convert all that pure water and tatos into caps.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4271 on: November 29, 2015, 08:02:13 pm »

Every artillery cannon fires a full salvo. My friend had 9 of them on The Castle, and showed me what happened when he threw a smoke grenade.

4 salvos of 9 artillery shells with the rough blast radius of mininukes have a bad tendency to raze everything that can be razed.
Nothing important here, move along.

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4272 on: November 29, 2015, 11:54:23 pm »

Does the distance of the artillery cannon affect the time between laying down smoke and rounds hitting their mark? Every time I've used artillery smoke it takes a good 30 seconds before the first round hits, followed by another round every 10-20 seconds for a long, long time. Enemies seem smart enough to get the heck out, which means I just end up closing off a substantially-sized area for a minute or two after the battle has already ended.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: Tactical Mole Rats
« Reply #4273 on: November 30, 2015, 12:40:44 am »

Also, blast from the past:
The Courier is still my favorite name for a protagonist. Just has this lovely ring to it.
Same here.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4274 on: November 30, 2015, 05:15:11 am »

So I heard you can't join both the Minute Men and the Brotherhood of Steel or else something bad will happen.

Is that true?
Pages: 1 ... 283 284 [285] 286 287 ... 462