Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 276 277 [278] 279 280 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 830008 times)

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: Basically WH40K
« Reply #4155 on: November 26, 2015, 04:24:32 pm »

Really? Survival is pretty easy for me, actually.
Well, that may be because I have too many weapons, a sniper plasma rifle, an explosive combat rifle, an incendiary combat shotgun and a fully upgraded assault rifle.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4156 on: November 26, 2015, 04:34:06 pm »

Plasma 10mm is the best I've found.

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4157 on: November 26, 2015, 05:01:59 pm »

yeah, with end game gear and perks you dont need legendary weapons to make the game realy easy even on survival.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4158 on: November 26, 2015, 05:32:55 pm »

Really? Survival is pretty easy for me, actually.
Well, that may be because I have too many weapons, a sniper plasma rifle, an explosive combat rifle, an incendiary combat shotgun and a fully upgraded assault rifle.

Ah, I meant early game. It's the most fun when you have to make do with what you have.
Even then, you have to keep exploring more advanced areas, otherwise you start killing people with 1-3 hits, then it becomes Normal with lower regen.  ::)
It feels good tho.
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4159 on: November 26, 2015, 06:48:40 pm »

Legendaries are same as always for FO: if you're only carrying one or two guns, you're doing it wrong impractically. The weight limit even on not-great STR is such that you can pretty easily manage 3-5 guns, and that's enough to keep a continual rotation between different ammo types.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4160 on: November 26, 2015, 07:43:00 pm »

I played for around ~2h with the Beta patch, and I think the game is more stable.
I got much less lag and stutter, and disabling Godrays on launcher now disables it for good.

Didn't play on my lvl 71 post-ending save though. Playing on that around highly populated urban areas is usually bug/glitch hell, like the disappearing gun bug.
Also, flying on vertibirds almost makes my graphics card catch on fire. I'll probably test that once the stable patch is released.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 07:48:43 pm by Gabeux »
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4161 on: November 26, 2015, 09:00:07 pm »

So I went to an old person's home and then the Institute showed up. After killing the two attending robots, they wouldn't stop looking for things to shoot until they'd also killed two cats.

Poor cats.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Catmeat

• Bay Watcher
  • 50/50 cat pork burger wth sweet lime sauce is best
    • View Profile
« Reply #4162 on: November 26, 2015, 09:51:48 pm »

Killed a soupy and voila you found freezing flamer... uh wut it freezes people... are you sure about that.
Having ballistic fibre clothing is a god send, its like wearing t45a.
Im wearing army fatigues full heavy shadowed combat gear and I laugh in the face of lead based projectiles.
Most the basic clothing can be upgraded. Just not the clothing that counts as a full armor set, which is lame. Weak sauce beth
Puns are social lubricant.
Too much and you lose sensation

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4163 on: November 26, 2015, 11:57:48 pm »

ok, im not going to put this quest information into spoilers, cause its broken shit quest design if there ever was broken shit quest design. 11/10 retarded:

If the player destroys any of Virgil's turret defenses, spotlight, or Protectron prior to returning to complete the quest "The Glowing Sea" you will immediately fail the quest upon re-entering Rocky Cave with the serum.

If upon getting the serum the player waits before bringing it to Virgil for around a week, he (Virgil) is then found completely turned, hostile and quest "The Glowing Sea" will immediately fail upon re-entering Rocky Cave.

If the player or any of their companions is wearing Power Armor when entering Rocky Cave, the misc quest to give him the serum will fail and Virgil will become hostile along with his Protectron and turrets.

that failing if waiting to long, ok, no problem here.
but failing the quest possibly 50h after you -maybe accidently- destroyed a lamp  - without any effect at the time you break the blub-, thats already VERY retarded.

but then the last one - wearing the power armor - IN THE BLOODY GLOWING SEA WHAT ELSE WILL I WEAR FOR FUCKS SAKE - fails the quest, thats to over the top shit, i dont even.
anyway, if you havnt been there, you now have been warned. quest doesnt like you to wear fancy stuff. cause, reasons.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 12:00:47 am by motorbitch »

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4164 on: November 27, 2015, 12:12:09 am »

Quick really stupid question, how do I pick stuff up?
I've seen people throwing around bodies and doing interior decorating, I read somewhere you just hold E but it doesn't seem to do anything.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4165 on: November 27, 2015, 12:54:40 am »

its hold e. doesnt work on everything tho.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #4166 on: November 27, 2015, 01:02:22 am »

Though make sure to keep the courser directly on the model.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4167 on: November 27, 2015, 01:11:15 am »

Also still.
Love, scriver~

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4168 on: November 27, 2015, 01:11:39 am »

but then the last one - wearing the power armor - IN THE BLOODY GLOWING SEA WHAT ELSE WILL I WEAR FOR FUCKS SAKE - fails the quest, thats to over the top shit, i dont even.
anyway, if you havnt been there, you now have been warned. quest doesnt like you to wear fancy stuff. cause, reasons.

It's all bugs, so it's not really by design.
Wearing Power Armor can break a few other quests, including very important ones.
So if anyone experience any quest-related bizarre stuff, try leaving your power armor and trying again.

It's weird that they didn't patch it already, though.
How can I put this... It can break the final mission, and it won't be exactly clear that it's broken until you push a button and nothing happens. It also weirdly break a terminal or two.
I've seen videos of people without that bug, though, so it doesn't seem to be a certain thing either..but happened to me twice.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4169 on: November 27, 2015, 04:22:23 am »

Yeah, had the very first mission of the Brotherhood "get in a vertibird, go f*ck sh*t up" bug out because I was wearing power armor.
Kills the buzz a little.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.
Pages: 1 ... 276 277 [278] 279 280 ... 462