Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 274 275 [276] 277 278 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 829908 times)

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: Basically WH40K
« Reply #4125 on: November 26, 2015, 12:39:02 am »

Beware it's T-60 specific. It doesn't work on X-01's...which is sad.

On a random side note, does the T-60 look like a power armor downgrade to anyone else? Its place in the whole progression scheme seems pretty odd:

T-45: the early model (intro'd in F3, bethesda's first entry). 'Worst' of the standard designations.
T-51: the 'prime time' model (and the iconic original from F1). Pretty darn good, and in most of the games the best that's reasonably available.
X-01 (or just 'the enclave model'): The 'super future tech' model developed after the bombs fell (intro'd in F2, if I recall right). The best, but usually a few, limited copies available.

Then, suddenly in Fallout 4 we have the T-60, supposedly the latest and greatest when the bombs fell. Except... it looks like a crummy budget version of the T-45. Comparison pic courtesy of random internet denizen here: http://imgur.com/NcnIUjG. More exposed joints/weakspots/innards, a more riveted look, etc. Makes me think of a late-30s tank compared to a mid-40s tank.

Now, it'd make sense as a 'mass production' model built and used in the desperate times before the bombs fell, except it inexplicably has better stats than either the T-45 or T-51. Just something that bothers me.

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4126 on: November 26, 2015, 01:00:20 am »

meh, i cant realy tell from the look with one would be better ;)
the enclave armor indeed showed up first in f2, but iirc it was not aviable in f2. you only have seen your enemies wearing these strange helmets.
anyway, long time ago for me... where there even different power armors? i think there was just power armor.

as for the suiciders: the commando perk will add stagger effects on high lvl, this may help to slow them down.
if you cant kill them fast enough, try to shoot the nuke while they are still far away - they will immidiately go boom.
of course, this will turn the expensive nuke into cheap nukluar (yes, its nukluar) material
« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 01:02:39 am by motorbitch »

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4127 on: November 26, 2015, 01:09:43 am »

meh, i cant realy tell from the look with one would be better ;)
the enclave armor indeed showed up first in f2, but iirc it was not aviable in f2. you only have seen your enemies wearing these strange helmets.
anyway, long time ago for me... where there even different power armors? i think there was just power armor.

It's been a while since I've played F2, but I could've sworn you could loot one or two suits from a locker in one of the enclave facilities. I think I remember doing one of those silly runs that involved taking your tribal straight from your village to that suit of armor and stealing it via lots of careful saving and loading.

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4128 on: November 26, 2015, 01:16:40 am »

cant remember. never did any of these silly runs. if there where enclave power armor, you got them like half an hour before the game ended (if you played a normal run). at this point, it just didnt matter anymore if there was enclave armor.

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4129 on: November 26, 2015, 02:02:51 am »

Yeah, kinda bothers me too that T-60 is just a heavier looking T-45 rather than the smoother look of the T-51. So I just made a beeline for the X-01 once I knew of it, cause it looks awesome and is better than the T-60.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

cant remember. never did any of these silly runs. if there where enclave power armor, you got them like half an hour before the game ended (if you played a normal run). at this point, it just didnt matter anymore if there was enclave armor.
Not really. If you got them from Navarro (and this wasn't very hard since you could get mistaken for a recruit when you got there and get ordered to just take one, IIRC), even moving along with the plot, there was quite a bit of the game left after that. If you only got them once you reached the Oil Rig, then I guess you'd only have it for a little while before the game ended.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 03:00:01 am by Virtz »

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4130 on: November 26, 2015, 04:34:38 am »

PA appearing in Fallout in order

Fallout 1: T-51b and hardened PA
Fallout 2: introduces the APA (at Navarro) and the APA mkII (at the Poseidon oil rig) these two look identical and are the same as seen on the box art/intro movie/that enclave dude you can troll the hell out of.
Fallout 3: T-45d (which was identified in fallout 1 or 2, I forget which, as the first prototype model accepted by the U.S. Army, and was never actually deployed, as it was just the foundation for the T-51) a new take on the APA mkII, Tesla PA (which is a re-skinned APA mkII with bad stats) and Hellfire PA (which was awesome)
Fallout NV: the horrific abomination that was the Salvaged PA used by NCR and a re-re-invisioning of the APA mkII the Remnants PA
Fallout 4: the T-60 and a re-re-re-invisioning of the APA (but apparently the mkI not the mkII)

I guess next time we'll get a re-re-re-re-invisioning of the APA.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4131 on: November 26, 2015, 07:05:18 am »

Oh man, I am loving the BoS stuff in this.
Certainly adds a lot of longevity to the game... and I suppose the other factions have something similar as well.
Heck, I've been playing a fair bit and I haven't even encountered half the factions, I don't think.

Also, is it just me or does the super sledge have a bit of an ASMR thing goin' on?
I just got my first kill (or kills, if you count a sentry turret) with it, and whilst perhaps not quite as awesome as the FO3 version, it's still great.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Catmeat

• Bay Watcher
  • 50/50 cat pork burger wth sweet lime sauce is best
    • View Profile
« Reply #4132 on: November 26, 2015, 07:15:24 am »

It think the t45 helmet is the prettiest helm and the x01 armour and arms are the coolest but i still think all the legs are ugly.
My PC keeps getting people saying im a man and calling me a he, its funny and terribly scripted, sometimes im called both genders in the same conversation, I just met Billy and he was so cute I wanted to take him after realising (MAJOR SPOILERS AHEAD AVOID AT ALL COSTS)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
but I didnt.
The Gamma gun is pretty epic, in 3rd person fighting when you suplex a raider shoot him/her with it when they are down and they will go flying, just ad cliffs.
Im serious about the spoilers
Puns are social lubricant.
Too much and you lose sensation

Catmeat

• Bay Watcher
  • 50/50 cat pork burger wth sweet lime sauce is best
    • View Profile
« Reply #4133 on: November 26, 2015, 07:36:55 am »

Also is there a higher chance of getting the same type of legendary weapon if you kill with one. Its happen for me with snipers combat knives 10mm and sledgehammers, it just seems common
Puns are social lubricant.
Too much and you lose sensation

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4134 on: November 26, 2015, 08:37:37 am »

Fallout 3: (...) a new take on the APA mkII
Which was seemingly somehow based on the Fallout Tactics Brotherhood PA, by the by.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #4135 on: November 26, 2015, 09:09:03 am »

Man I've gotten SHAFTED with legendaries. All the shit I get is "Assassins Leather X" or "Pea Shooter of do more damage to mole rats"

I haven't gotten ONE explosive legendary. NOT A SINGLE FUCKING ONE >:(
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4136 on: November 26, 2015, 09:14:02 am »

Okay wow, I'm getting tired of dying to mininukes. Kinda killing my immersion sense I don't know how to avoid them, until they've killed me once (and even then...)

What am I doing wrong?

Depending on the difficulty, heavy guns like the Minigun can be really effective because the suiciders (I assume that's how you're getting killed by mininukes) run straight at you and you don't have to worry about aiming. If you can't kill them before they reach you, though, you could always try sniping from a long ways away.
Nope, suiciders haven't got me once.  A single VATS shot to the arm seems to detonate them reliably.  This is more *sneak sneak* *spotted* *mininuke fired at me from an arc, it makes a whistling sound but there's basically no time to run*.

I got through the area by choosing a steep approach where the mininuke fell behind me.  Direct cover doesn't seem to be enough, I think they spot for each other...  Or not.  I was playing without a proper mousepad last night so I couldn't look around properly.

It did turn out to be a named character, area boss I guess.  She had *two* of the dang things, but managed to snipe her after avoiding one.  It's just weird though...  I take cover to engage enemies, suddenly *nope you're dead!  That was the wrong choice here*.  Grenades flush you out, but give at least a little indication.

Dunno, I think I'd mod it so enemies with Fat Mans beep like suiciders...  Or just remove them altogether.  It's too sudden for me to react.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #4137 on: November 26, 2015, 09:23:20 am »

Man I've gotten SHAFTED with legendaries. All the shit I get is "Assassins Leather X" or "Pea Shooter of do more damage to mole rats"

I haven't gotten ONE explosive legendary. NOT A SINGLE FUCKING ONE >:(
You clearly haven't given sufficient sacrifices to Torgue. :P
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4138 on: November 26, 2015, 09:26:24 am »

Most legendaries seem to be pretty shit.
I have a very, very nice arm plate that boosts strength and endurance, as well as a fuckin' super sledge that I found today which deals bonus damage to robots. Wasn't a bad find, I suppose. At my current level legendaries aren't nearly as irritating as they were in the past- half the time they die before they have time to mutate and refill their health.
Still a sucky mechanic, but at least I can mostly ignore it now.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

IWishIWereSarah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4139 on: November 26, 2015, 09:43:02 am »

I found 2 legendary missile launchers.
They both have the same property :
Go frenzy when you crit.

There is no point on making a crit with a missile launcher with VATS (I mean, look at the damage !), and I certainly won't use a missile launcher when sneaking.
yay, useless legendaries.

On the other hand, I have a legendary part of armor, with the "martyr" property : slow-mo when you drop under 20% HP. This one is a life-saver.
Pages: 1 ... 274 275 [276] 277 278 ... 462