Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 831065 times)

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: HYPE HAS CHANGED
« Reply #660 on: June 16, 2015, 03:20:35 am »

That's the thing though, they specifically mentioned that they had worked a lot on improving the feel of the combat. They wouldn't have said a word if it was still the same slog.

I'm torn. On the one hand, default prettiness and big world says PC to me. OTOH, that graphic for the dialogue tree looked suspiciously like a four-button controller face.

It literally was. That was an Xbox One copy of FO4 that they were showing, looks like, based on the button configuration of the dialogue.

You do realize you can plug controllers into a PC?

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: June 16, 2015, 03:28:19 am »

"Hey, everyone else at Bethesda, let's plug an Xbox One controller into this computer for the sole purpose of tricking the audience into thinking the graphics will look this good on Xbox One." :P
Black lives matter.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: June 16, 2015, 03:46:42 am »

...that doesn't seem unlikely

also yeah I use an xbox 360 controller extensively on PC

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: June 16, 2015, 04:03:13 am »

Some games (Risk of Rain, Zineth) effectively NEED a controller to be played on PC.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: June 16, 2015, 04:06:17 am »

"Hey, everyone else at Bethesda, let's plug an Xbox One controller into this computer for the sole purpose of tricking the audience into thinking the graphics will look this good on Xbox One." :P

I'm pretty sure that's actually industry standard these days...
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: June 16, 2015, 04:08:48 am »

I watched all the E3 videos today. It was... beautiful. The gun/armor/township customization section was just jaw-dropping. I have a few minor quibbles that I will bury under massive fanboy optimism. I think the four choice conversation system with cutting between faces (I know it's 'dynamic'* but we both know what the default is going to be) is limited and massively derivative of the ME and DA systems. I also think the fact that the world keeps going while you're in VATS is good, but that it'll be annoying as all hell if they don't fix the glitch where the  body map mistakes your repeated attempts to click the head as a command to fire six rounds into the target's armpit.
Didn't he say that you can play the conversations in first person as well?
That's what I was pointing out in the parentheses. The point is that the factory default is almost undoubtedly the derivative cutting implementation.

Some games (Risk of Rain, Zineth) effectively NEED a controller to be played on PC.
Speak for yourself, RoR plays beautifully on a pc if you remap your actions to the numpad.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: June 16, 2015, 06:41:59 am »

Guys, I was watching the E3 demo again, and I was wondering if there's anywhere I can find an iOS emulator solely so i can get Fallout Shelter

Yes please, I need to play this as well, but own no mobile devices. HALP.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: June 16, 2015, 07:11:00 am »

This one has a very S.T.A.L.K.E.R. vibe, in my opinion.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: June 16, 2015, 07:12:21 am »

This one has a very S.T.A.L.K.E.R. vibe, in my opinion.
No more than any other decrepit building, to be honest.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #670 on: June 16, 2015, 08:53:39 am »

Guys, I was watching the E3 demo again, and I was wondering if there's anywhere I can find an iOS emulator solely so i can get Fallout Shelter

Yes please, I need to play this as well, but own no mobile devices. HALP.
It feels like it needs quite a bit more polish. And in the meantime we don't have enough info to compensate-
Getting more people takes AGES & building unlocks are based upon total pop
Quests are a crapshoot- some are laughably easy (kill 30 enemies outside the vault) while others are insane (birth 5 dwellers, raise a dweller's special stats).
I'm still not sure how/when enemies scale up, but they're starting to do real damage, even with my best (and only) tactic
Building efficiencies are a mystery- if I understand it correctly, building them wider increases the total amount of workers needed to run it efficiently, while upgrading it increases the difficulty of the 'disasters' that can befall them. So unless you're at least mid-game, don't upgrade your rooms to lvl 3 or the cockroaches will murder you.

Seems like the vault door ONLY serves to slow them down. You don't want to fight in that area as you can only fit 2 people in there, while there are always 3 raiders.
Instead, use the time the door buys you to assemble 6 defenders in the nearest 3+-tile-wide room you have & take them on with better odds.
If I were to restart the game, I'd design it like so- a couple pairs of rooms on each side of the first elevator shaft which can be evacuated/left in the hands of pregger ladies- slows the raiders down, as they run left, then right, then proceed to the next floor looking for people to kill.
Then, two large rooms side-by-side which split the elevator to the rest of the base.
This would allow you to have two teams to swap between, and also prevents them from running ALL OVER THE BASE, something they like to do if you don't kill them fast enough.
And that's pretty much it.

I also recommend maintaining fire-breaks between clusters of rooms. Disasters spread to neighboring tiles, and while none of my rooms have been affected twice by the same disaster, that might not be the case if the disaster were allowed to 'echo'.

Spent hours with this going yesterday, gotta say it felt kinda torturous.
Without handicapping my team by turning all the women into baby-factories, I only hit 21 people after, shit, 12 hours of activity.
All that time was spent waiting for the damn babies to pop out, and then the kids to grow up, so I could hit that magic cap of 20 & start reeling them in with the radio station (sometimes).
Forget about walk-up customers. They trickle off almost immediately.
Hope you get lucky with the lunch boxes & get some good people, and PRAY for good missions because you can only cancel one of them and several are really, really nasty. (birth 5 dwellers, increase a special point, acquire 5 simultaneous 100% happy colonists, have people scavving for 7 continuous hours...)
And in the meantime you're glued to the screen with the click-to-collect shit.

But mm is opening lunchboxes nice...
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: June 16, 2015, 08:58:23 am »

I am sure once Fallout 4 is done I'll get to hear about how terrible it is and how all the features are under-utilized and how Fallout New Vegas not only had some of those features, but also had them in mods.

Glad to see your optimism hasn't changed.
At least he will be pleasantly surprised if it doesn't go his way.  :P
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: June 16, 2015, 09:32:31 am »

I'm not gonna lie, the only big concern I have so far is modding in general. The game looks so damned polished, modders will need to work damned hard to make mods that look nearly as.
Also, games on my pip-boy? YES PLEASE
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: June 16, 2015, 11:06:19 am »

I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #674 on: June 16, 2015, 06:38:48 pm »

I'm not gonna lie, the only big concern I have so far is modding in general. The game looks so damned polished, modders will need to work damned hard to make mods that look nearly as.
Also, games on my pip-boy? YES PLEASE
Definitely helps for waiting on things to happen, especially when you can't just conveniently sleep an hour straight or so; so to keep you busy during the few minutes you're waiting on something to fall just to plan and such. Of course, I think the games can bite you in the ass and alert the nearby enemies to your location far more easily (or a clever deathclaw may be sneaking around you while you're busy saving the town from falling nukes.). That is, unless you turn off the sound first, if available.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 06:40:20 pm by Itnetlolor »
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 462