Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 831359 times)

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: Hype Never Changes
« Reply #540 on: June 15, 2015, 01:28:53 am »

The Brotherhood did give the NCR huge helpings of technology and expertise, they are responsible for the vast majority of the advanced systems that are currently in use by the NCR, including irrigation, computer networks, nuclear and fusion power systems, and a plethora of other items that are not easy to list as the available data simply indicates that they 'did things' that they don't go into detail over.  The reason for the falling-out between the BoS and NCR however is extremely clear, when the NCR was founded the Brotherhoods involvement was contingent upon one major item, that all advanced technology was to be handed over to the BoS for study and archiving.  After the destruction of the Enclave by The Chosen One, the NCR unilaterally seized all materials at the Navarro Airbase, and refused to surrender the technology to the BoS.  The BoS, a military organization, decided to insist, they seized the items in question, as their treaty gave them the right to do, and the NCR decided to kill them.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: June 15, 2015, 01:52:58 am »

Skimmed over the whole thing, watched the entire Fallout 4 presentation.

So hyped right now. I want to build a baseball bat that launches grenades filled with shrapnel that turns into tiny plasma pistols to turn my enemies into goo.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: June 15, 2015, 01:58:05 am »

They literally call themselves "Knights" and "Paladins" and such while they go around killing anyone who won't roll over and let them take anything they want. Why is anyone ever surprised that they're condescending isolationist pricks?
So... they act like actual knights? :P

As for the Midwest BoS, I'd say they're lawful neutral in two endings, LE in one and LG in one. Sure, there's the whole forced labour thing, but that typically happened to raiders or other PoWs, and you did have to submit to brotherhood rule or otherwise face harassment. But they did keep the much worse assholes in check like raiders and such.

Now, for the West coast BoS? That shit was started by the elder being a hoarding git and trying to take the tech from the NCR. Plain and simple.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: June 15, 2015, 02:15:33 am »

this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: June 15, 2015, 02:21:31 am »

guys i've never been more excited
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: June 15, 2015, 02:28:52 am »

They literally call themselves "Knights" and "Paladins" and such while they go around killing anyone who won't roll over and let them take anything they want. Why is anyone ever surprised that they're condescending isolationist pricks?
So... they act like actual knights? :P

As for the Midwest BoS, I'd say they're lawful neutral in two endings, LE in one and LG in one. Sure, there's the whole forced labour thing, but that typically happened to raiders or other PoWs, and you did have to submit to brotherhood rule or otherwise face harassment. But they did keep the much worse assholes in check like raiders and such.

Now, for the West coast BoS? That shit was started by the elder being a hoarding git and trying to take the tech from the NCR. Plain and simple.

That was the implication, yes.

And I'm not sure how "Bluh bluh but they had a treaty that affirmed their desire to be tech-hoarding pricks" is supposed to indicate that they're not tech-hoarding pricks. I'd call them Lawful Neutral if anything.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: June 15, 2015, 02:29:38 am »

I am sorry dialogues that aren't a dialogue mode are the most amazingest thing ever. I am not bothered by the voiced characters. Also PUPPY.

HYPEHYPEHYPEHYPE

Ant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: June 15, 2015, 02:32:19 am »

Okay. The screenies and trailer look nice and imply there's some good cherrypicking of good mods straight into base game... But gawd those guns. Butt-ugly and uninspiring, in comparison to previous installments. Additionally, the mod-your-own-power armor seems little blef, implying heavy focus on tinkering. Wouldn't mind if it would be used for, say, bikes and cars too? Wouldn't think them being too much to add into base game.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: June 15, 2015, 02:35:40 am »

You'd be surprised. It took friggin' ages for the modder who added cars into the game to finally get them to work right, and they're still one of the most janky things ever.

Also, Fallout guns have always been (hysterically) janky.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: June 15, 2015, 02:36:08 am »

Butt-ugly and uninspiring, in comparison to previous installments.
Did you even play FO3 or New Vegas? By and large those were less 'gun' and more 'vaguely gun-colored stick'. :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: June 15, 2015, 02:50:10 am »

Aye, they are...They are beautifully stupid.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: June 15, 2015, 02:51:59 am »

Yeah, the weapons in Fallout games (even before 3) always wanted to be more "pulp fiction weaponry" than actual weapons.
I wonder if the enemies will also use modified weaponry.

If not, mods'll probably fix it.

Oh, and Power Armor with a friggin' jetpack. Best thing ever 10/10.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: June 15, 2015, 03:04:43 am »

VERTIBIRDS

I SAW A JUMP BUTTON

JUST FALLOUT 4
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.

Ant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: June 15, 2015, 03:23:08 am »

I've played them all. Sure, guns have been pulpy and stuff previously. But those screenie guns... I just can't put my finger on it- maybe because I can't even say what in blazes that gray chunk really is (is it a pistol? revolver? smg?), maybe because they have only vaguest resemblance on good old varmint rifles, lasers, so forth. I mean, you could see from 10mm pistol that it was a pewpew, you could see from pipe rifle it was a cobbled-up piece for desperate times, you could see that bozar meant business (even if it's fire mode surprised), but these... Yeah, lasers are lasers and plasma is plasma, but you'd think that east coast guns would not change from (deceptively) menacing to unassuming gray blocks just by travelling, what, 440 miles? Hopefully they get some attention.

As for the cars and stuff, yeah the 3/NV engine is really clunky for stuff. But here we have new engine (?), and travel options have been expanded into skies, at least. Just hoping that wheeled inventory would be implemented directly, it ain't a game-breaker for me.

BTW, has anyone heard if there'd be Hardcore mode in this one?
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 462