Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 831239 times)

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: Hype Never Changes
« Reply #570 on: June 15, 2015, 04:35:18 am »

...So let's talk about two things here.
1: That weird animation, when he literally got into the power armor. Thoughts and theories on that?
2: VERTIBIRDS. I SAW A PRESS Y TO JUMP. I WANT TO JUMP OUT OF THAT THING SO HARD. THOOOOUGHTS.
Don't forget that once you jump you can use your jetpack to control your landing.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: June 15, 2015, 04:48:53 am »

Here is part of Bethesda's E3 video, but cut down to only Fallout 4. I recorded the whole thing. Probably got beaten to it, but took ages to upload and everything (internet was rather bad today for some reason). Still...for those who just want to see the Fallout stuff. Here is a link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h35g4KsBYXc
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: June 15, 2015, 04:51:43 am »

1: That weird animation, when he literally got into the power armor. Thoughts and theories on that?

Without having seen the clip in question, that immediately strikes me as something that would only be used for when you first unlock power armour training, or something like that.

Here is part of Bethesda's E3 video, but cut down to only Fallout 4. I recorded the whole thing. Probably got beaten to it, but took ages to upload and everything (internet was rather bad today for some reason). Still...for those who just want to see the Fallout stuff. Here is a link.

Thanks, I'll make sure to watch this later when on my computer.
Love, scriver~

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: June 15, 2015, 05:38:05 am »

guys
GUYS
GUUUUYS
THE HYPE TRAAAIN
IT'S AT MAX CAPACIIIITTTYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Hype train is already full? Damn.

Well then, I'll just hop on top of it and try to not fall off. Because damn that trailer... I need to upgrade my PC soon!
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: June 15, 2015, 05:47:55 am »

Without having seen the clip in question, that immediately strikes me as something that would only be used for when you first unlock power armour training, or something like that.
It's a scene from this trailer. (1:00)
Some real-life spacesuits are worn the same way.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: HYPE HAS CHANGED
« Reply #575 on: June 15, 2015, 05:57:34 am »

One thing that interests me is that it sounds like they took pieces of Real Time Settler to heart... from an ArsTechnica article:

Before concluding, Howard showed off a dramatic new set of Fallout features centered around building and crafting. Players can gather resources, scrap them for raw materials, and actually build entire new objects, from decorations to weapon upgrades all the way up to entire settlements made of crafted buildings. New buildings will attract NPC merchants, with new goods to sell. Players can even build electrical generators and machinery, connecting them together with wires to power them and make them do things, or control and tweak them with terminals.

This, this I'm looking forward to. Especially if it's supported natively and not full of hacky workarounds in FOSE/NVSE.

It also appears as if they added in versions of WMX/WME, and even applied it to the power armor. Not that it's a bad thing, but I feel it could've been done a while ago.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 06:02:14 am by Astral »
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: June 15, 2015, 06:04:01 am »

I just finally got around to watching (one of?) the trailer(s?).

Fuck my earlier doubts. Just... fuck them. This looks amazing, and I probably would have loved it even if it was just more FO3.
And holy shit, it even looks like there are (at least some) vehicles. I long for the day I can speed across the wasteland on a motorcycle, trying not to let it catch a raider's stray bullet and explode under me.

Also I saw another trailer on the new weapon's modding and... well... you can mod baseball bats. Fuckin' baseball bats.
That's it, I'm going full Negan when this game comes out.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: June 15, 2015, 06:05:32 am »

Not trailers. Parts from E3.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: June 15, 2015, 06:26:38 am »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: June 15, 2015, 06:27:49 am »

Holy crap! That went out of orbit and straight into the void of space!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: June 15, 2015, 06:29:28 am »

Also if anybody has a better E3 presentation video, PM me, the one in the OP currently is a bit stuttery sometimes.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: June 15, 2015, 06:44:51 am »

Also if anybody has a better E3 presentation video, PM me, the one in the OP currently is a bit stuttery sometimes.

this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: June 15, 2015, 06:45:23 am »

Thank you.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: June 15, 2015, 06:47:39 am »

All aboard the hype train! Choo choo, muthaf***ers!

In kinder words, this game looks seriously legit and am posting to watch, and my hype levels have reached over 9000.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: June 15, 2015, 07:05:52 am »

You know, I was gonna buy something this Summer Sale.
New plan. TIME TO SAVE MONEY! :D
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 462