Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 831338 times)

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: Hype Never Changes
« Reply #525 on: June 14, 2015, 11:41:29 pm »

West Coast BoS were the "neutral" group.
East Coast Bos were the "good" group.
iirc, Chicago/Midwest BoS are the jerklord group

West Coast BoS were basically "neutral evil" - they refused to help others even though they had the ability to, and fought bitterly with other factions (namely the NCR) to get their hands on old technology.

Midwest are neutral good - they aren't angels but they are the good guys in Tactics (IIRC, it's been a while) and are more accepting of outsiders.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: June 14, 2015, 11:42:31 pm »

They literally call themselves "Knights" and "Paladins" and such while they go around killing anyone who won't roll over and let them take anything they want. Why is anyone ever surprised that they're condescending isolationist pricks?

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: June 14, 2015, 11:44:23 pm »

I'm hoping enough time has passed since 3 and 4 that Lyons has died and the Brotherhood has sort of reverted back to its old ways a bit. I mean, I'm fine with a distant branch of the original faction having different ideals, but they should at least be reminiscent of the originals. They can be okay guys, but there should be some moral ambiguity.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: June 14, 2015, 11:45:20 pm »

Describing the BoS from the west as 'neutral evil' is not a viable statement.  The BoS has stated non-interference policies, and Elder Maxson actively breaks them when the super-mutant/Master threat is brought fully to light, and endangers the entire Brotherhood to save a bunch of 'worthless' (from the BoS pov) wastelanders.  And furthermore the BoS helped to found the NCR in the first place, then the NCR broke their treaty with the BoS and tried to kill them all.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 11:47:09 pm by NullForceOmega »
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: June 14, 2015, 11:49:22 pm »

Man you guys are falling behind. The XCOM2 hype thread has triple the number of pages and all they have to work with is just one trailer and some IGN articles.

The only thing I took from the E3 reveal is that 60fps Twitch looks so sweet. That and the crafting looks great. I'm leery about everything else.

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: June 14, 2015, 11:51:09 pm »

By the way, seeing as that leaked script from Kotaku is 100% confirmed by now, I'm really looking forward to seeing that Travis Miles guy. Vin Diesel + Buddy Holly sounds...interesting.

EDIT: Oh, wait, that was talking about a guy named Sturges. Still, sounds cool.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 11:52:52 pm by ShoesandHats »

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: June 15, 2015, 12:02:48 am »

FALLOUT FOUR

CUSTOMIZATION
DOGGO
GUNS

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: June 15, 2015, 12:55:35 am »

All I can say is that I'll be furious if Fallout 4 doesn't deliver. They brought this on themselves by putting out so much hype. There's a term for this that I can't remember.

Molyneuxing, naturally.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: June 15, 2015, 12:59:53 am »

They literally call themselves "Knights" and "Paladins" and such while they go around killing anyone who won't roll over and let them take anything they want. Why is anyone ever surprised that they're condescending isolationist pricks?
Because to somebody not very familiar with the Fallout lore they look like badasses with super nice tech, and automatically assign them "good guy" status, I think.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: June 15, 2015, 01:03:58 am »

I n Fallout 1 and 2, they are the good guys.  They just don't feel that it's a good idea to hand out armor capable of tanking cannon rounds to people they cannot trust.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: June 15, 2015, 01:07:49 am »

Aye, but there comes a point when they're just sitting in a hole waiting for everyone to die. That's where you cross the fucking line.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: June 15, 2015, 01:09:39 am »

I still fail to understand where this 'waiting for everyone to die' thing comes from.  What part of THEY HELPED FOUND THE NCR don't you grasp?  Seriously WTF is wrong with peoples reading comprehension.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: June 15, 2015, 01:11:13 am »

Excuse me? Don't get hostile about it, man. The Mojave Chapter was essentially doing this. I know they helped found the bloody NCR. What else have they done, since then? Hoard technology and do jack-fucking-all with it. Sit in a bunker and wait.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: June 15, 2015, 01:14:31 am »

That is absolutely incorrect, they are trapped in the bunker unable to leave because they are surrounded on all sides by people who want to kill them.  And why the hell should they help a bunch of assholes who took their goodwill and aid, shat on it, then attempted to murder them.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: June 15, 2015, 01:20:25 am »

The NCR are most certainly not fans of the BoS, and with good reason-Wars are never fun-But they do not only have enemies. And yes, they are just sitting there. They're not allowing new people in-In fact, what is the point of holding onto the tech for others protection if you don't even teach them how to use the tech?
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 462